looking ahead-LDC

Nolby

6 hours ago, Bigblue204 said:

I'm sure Santiago is a solid running back. But I don't get why people are so high on him. He has exactly zero carries so far in his career. lol. Augustine has been playing all year, been a part of practices, has time in game. And has shown well when given the opportunity. I'll be blown away if Santiago is starting over Augustine.

I think he is a little better than solid you dont keep an international RB on the PR if he is just as good as Augustine...too many International RB to pick from...

2 minutes ago, bb1 said:

I think he is a little better than solid you dont keep an international RB on the PR if he is just as good as Augustine...too many International RB to pick from...

I would like to introduce you to Mike Oshea.... lol

For real though, I'm sure he's more then capable. But Oshea does what Oshea does. The back up will usually get the benefit of the doubt.

3 hours ago, Mike said:

Augustine plays because you need to have a Canadian backup on the roster not because he’s better. 

Fair enough. But if Santiago was that much better, they would have found a way to get him dressed. We didn't always need a back up CND RB....well at least for the past 2 weeks or so. I expect both to dress, but think Augustine gets the call to start.

Edited by Bigblue204

Observations on Santiago from training camp back in May. 

Atomic- he was brought here by Oliviera, he can run back kicks as well. Had an insane freshman year in 2015 with 1459 rush yards and 16 tds. 

Geeber- Santiago explosive on returns. I expect him to rip a long one next week. Ran the ball well in drills. 

- Santiago is a dangerous returner. Better than Whitehead today

Booch - ...and that Santiago has real good hands ...and once the ball is in his mitts you don’t know where he  going. He super shifty and fast with ball. 

Me - Santiago made a terrific snag and a deceptive run on a screen play. 

Thinking with no film on the guy, he might be a real surprise on the bad guys. 

1 hour ago, M.O.A.B. said:

I wouldnt be surprised if one of Lawler and Grant will sit. Im leaning on Lawler as the Bombers will rely heavily on D and ST.

I guess, Augustine will be listed as a starter, but Santiago will be also be very involved in the run game. 

This week we will crank up the speed. Looking for lot of misdirection and sweeps.

Riders eyeballs are going to be in different directions.

Why sit Lawler or Grant when you can sit Greg Jones?

50 minutes ago, rebusrankin said:

We are very thin in the LB corps if you don't notice. 

We normally carry 6 Lbs, 7 if you count the SAM. It went down to 5 when Briggs went down so we activated Warren before then Jones. 

It's now back to 5 since Hansen is seeing regular snaps on DE.

Edited by M.O.A.B.

2 hours ago, bb1 said:

Well...  I kind of feel like he wasn't the best guy around.  He came here because he was friends with Brady Oliveira.  I doubt he was offered a practice roster spot out of camp. When Brady went down he was brought back to the practice roster likely because he already knew the system and was willing to sit on the practice roster as an emergency replacement type of guy.  Personally I'm looking forward to seeing what Johnny Augustine can do and if he's really struggling then you play Santiago. Hope Im wrong. He didn't look bad but that fumble in pre-season really hurt him.  I wish we still had Flanders.

54 minutes ago, M.O.A.B. said:

We normally carry 6 Lbs, 7 if you count the SAM. It went down to 5 when Briggs went down so we activated Warren before then Jones. 

Dondre Wright in for John Rush

Santiago in for Kyle Jones

3 hours ago, bb1 said:

Plus Augustine has 17 touches in his 17 career games. 17 touches to 0 is not exactly a huge discrepancy its less then one game for a starting rb in this system. Ill bet santiago had more then 17 touches in TC with the vikings though. Where as Augustine was an UDFA in the cfl. 

Rb is among the most if not the most pro ready positions. The only advantage Augustine has is his passport.  Hes shown enough to get a share of the reps no doubt. And the ability to rotate a NI rb on and send i another imp is great. But the run game is far too important, especially right now, to plunk it square on the shoulders of augustine.  We could probably air lift in half a dozen rookies at a moments notice that would all start and keep the run game going if we needed. Santiago has a lot of versatility and is really really dangerous. We kept him around because hes a home run hitter. If he wasnt gonna be the guy to come in there would be no reason to have him around all this time. 

Wonder what flanders is up to right now actually. 

1 hour ago, M.O.A.B. said:

In a pinch Hansen, Kongbo or even WJ could be a ‘linebacker’

Miles would be first man up and big hill could move to WIL easily

i don’t think we’re thin at all - don’t like the korey Jones signing but I don’t think Briggs was an all star either 

Just now, Floyd said:

In a pinch Hansen, Kongbo or even WJ could be a ‘linebacker’

Miles would be first man up and big hill could move to WIL easily

i don’t think we’re thin at all - don’t like the korey Jones signing but I don’t think Briggs was an all star either 

Im not worried about wil or mac either. Db and sam on the other hand, not a good spot right now. If we had to play some one else at Wil, id go with kongbo. He has the motor to make that work. 

28 minutes ago, LeBird said:

They say the fire burns green there.

There were times in the nineties that Taylor Field felt like perdition 

( btw that quote is a song by The Dead South) YouTube that song if you want a catchy tune

Edited by VoR

54 minutes ago, wbbfan said:

Im not worried about wil or mac either. Db and sam on the other hand, not a good spot right now. If we had to play some one else at Wil, id go with kongbo. He has the motor to make that work. 

Fenner moves to SAM and Jones to field CB... been done successfully before

3 hours ago, rebusrankin said:

2 hours ago, JuranBoldenRules said:

Santiago in for Kyle Jones

Who are all these extra Jones' we're trying to keep up with?... I'm pretty sure there's only Derek, Mike and Korey...