looking ahead-LDC

Nolby

1 hour ago, wbbfan said:

You would still have to maintain 8 NIs if he went down. The step down from an IMP wr to petermann is huge. We dont need an extra DI soo bad. You start 7, with the imp rb and rotate through freely. 

No u wouldn't.. that's the whole purpose of starting an extra Canadian..u just have to maintain where u are designating your starting 7..so if we start 2 on defense and 6 on offense u designate 5 canadians always on offence..2 always on defence and u can sub an import for any Canadian on offence

56 minutes ago, bb1 said:

Look i like Augustine as well but he is no where near Harris level,we need a dynamic Rb to take the pressure off Strev... start Santiago and sub Augustine in...we have the Cdn depth to do this... as everyone has pointed out. 

Augustine is 5’9 200+...  I’d give him and our OL a shot 

i don’t think anyone is suggesting we don’t dress both... but Augustine is more of a powerback than people think - probably fits better with the Harris playbook

Edited by Floyd

12 hours ago, bb1 said:

Look i like Augustine as well but he is no where near Harris level,we need a dynamic Rb to take the pressure off Strev... start Santiago and sub Augustine in...we have the Cdn depth to do this... as everyone has pointed out. 

I'm sure Santiago is a solid running back. But I don't get why people are so high on him. He has exactly zero carries so far in his career. lol. Augustine has been playing all year, been a part of practices, has time in game. And has shown well when given the opportunity. I'll be blown away if Santiago is starting over Augustine.

Edited by Bigblue204

I think that we will do well in the back to back games- I even think we will sweep them this year in all three games. 

1) total trap game for the riders and our boys are going to be highly motivated and really pissed.

2) Our offence, defense and special teams will be able to score more than 17 points.

3) our defense will not let the riders score 15 points. Willie J... is going to be a ******* Monster. Motivated and focused

4) the following week- same thing but the Bombers will have more confidence and the game will have slowed down more for Strevs. 

5) AH33 comes back into the line up for the third meeting and he is going to run like a man possessed- that is going to be awesome to watch.

Things bode well for our guys in Blue and Gold.

Edited by wanna-b-fanboy

2 hours ago, Bigblue204 said:

I'm sure Santiago is a solid running back. But I don't get why people are so high on him. He has exactly zero carries so far in his career. lol. Augustine has been playing all year, been a part of practices, has time in game. And has shown well when given the opportunity. I'll be blown away if Santiago is starting over Augustine.

Augustine plays because you need to have a Canadian backup on the roster not because he’s better. 

2 hours ago, Mike said:

Augustine plays because you need to have a Canadian backup on the roster not because he’s better. 

Interesting in hindsight since the Bombers knew about this for at least 3 games that they did not get Santiago onto the roster.  I mean last week we had a DI LB who as far as I recall didn't play a snap on D, there was a reasonable opportunity to get Santiago on.  Makes me think they'll give Augustine the first crack at the job.

i bet we dress both...be a coaching blunder if we didn't...just the fact if one..or the other goes down we have nobody...and no..Demski is not a full-time RB candidate..also if one isn't getting it done you can swap out...but hopefully we have a plan to utilize both...this is the game where we see if Lapo is worth his highest paid OC salary in the league...and is the wizard people claim he is

1 minute ago, Booch said:

i bet we dress both...be a coaching blunder if we didn't...just the fact if one..or the other goes down we have nobody...and no..Demski is not a full-time RB candidate..also if one isn't getting it done you can swap out...but hopefully we have a plan to utilize both...this is the game where we see if Lapo is worth his highest paid OC salary in the league...and is the wizard people claim he is

80% passing plays. Calling it now. 

Just now, do or die said:

Watching Santiago (albeit in limited action).....guy has really quick feet and gear shift.  Could do damage in open field.

Thats what I noticed in camp..and pre-season too...one play he made 3 quick cuts..and the defender crumpled down and actually hurt his ankle

He showed wicked change of direction and ability to hit top speed in a few strides...any open space or seam he's making big gains..showed toughness too

I wouldnt be surprised if one of Lawler and Grant will sit. Im leaning on Lawler as the Bombers will rely heavily on D and ST.

I guess, Augustine will be listed as a starter, but Santiago will be also be very involved in the run game. 

This week we will crank up the speed. Looking for lot of misdirection and sweeps.

Riders eyeballs are going to be in different directions.

Edited by M.O.A.B.