looking ahead-LDC

Nolby

26 minutes ago, Booch said:

Hard to say...but it is going to have to be a total 3 phase team effort..but we have capable RB's in house to pick up the slack..no Harris by any means..but a big unknown..could be lethal..could be a dud

Agree on it being low scoring for sure

Also..should we/I attack you as a troll...toss out rude comments...etc..etc..like over on your site?..seems like he thing to do..no?..whats your username there...or should we determine through IP adress ;)

Feel free to do as you wish, 

I set up this account thinking I'd post a couple things and then vanish into the green mist, so used a different handle, since at the time there was a fair bit of vitriol being passed between the bases however , I've learned that the two sites are actually not that different 

The vast majority of posters are knowledgeable CFL fans who happen to cheer harder for one team  , and I have a lot to learn from their history and experience,  and I enjoy their posts,  and have kept doing some limited posting

Both sites have some residents that post on the extreme , and some posters who see the world only in binary form and seem to carry a lot of anger and bitterness in their soul- 

But yes- if I , as a Rider fan , come to a Bomber site and talk s##t,  I should be called out

I give props to those who use one handle on both sites 

And to make it official, I post as VoR on riderfans, and if your Mod can change my name to that, I'd be good with it

1 minute ago, Guestingreen said:

I set up this account thinking I'd post a couple things and then vanish into the green mist, so used a different handle, since at the time there was a fair bit of vitriol being passed between the bases however , I've learned that the two sites are actually not that different 

The vast majority of posters are knowledgeable CFL fans who happen to cheer harder for one team  , and I have a lot to learn from their history and experience,  and I enjoy their posts,  and have kept doing some limited posting

Both sites have some residents that post on the extreme , and some posters who see the world only in binary form and seem to carry a lot of anger and bitterness in their soul- 

But yes- if I , as a Rider fan , come to a Bomber site and talk s##t,  I should be called out

And to make it official, I post as VoR on riderfans, and if your Mod can change my name to that, I'd be good with it

Kudos to you..respect

agree for most part to what you said..

6 minutes ago, Guestingreen said:

Well said. But...I still hate you.

Soooo...Go to hell....with love of course.

1 hour ago, Guestingreen said:

Click your name in the top right, then Account Settings. You can then change your display name.

18 minutes ago, Rich said:

Click your name in the top right, then Account Settings. You can then change your display name.

Got it    thanks- I was trying to do it thru account profile, didn't notice the settings 

Showing my inner troglodyte 

41 minutes ago, JuranBoldenRules said:

Augustine can take some carries.  We'll see if he's figured out pass protection and how to run a few routes.

I think Demski needs to step up big time and will take some time in the backfield too.

Santiago likely comes on for a DI DB/LB and Dondre Wright comes on for Rush to provide depth on D.

Lotds good options.

1 hour ago, Floyd said:

So you don’t want to give him a shot because he’s Canadian 

If they can swing the ratio adjustment it would be great to see both.

I don't think it's wise to suggest Streveler throw the ball more, this is exactly what the Rider D will be looking for.  If the Bombers can win the turnover battle, good chance they win the game.

5 minutes ago, Throw Long Bannatyne said:

If they can swing the ratio adjustment it would be great to see both.

I don't think it's wise to suggest Streveler throw the ball more, this is exactly what the Rider D will be looking for.  If the Bombers can win the turnover battle, good chance they win the game.

Started 8 Canadians last game, don't think there's much ratio issue. That's the beauty of this team, lots of Canadian depth. Hell worst case you put the American rb in and have peterman replace an American receiver.

2 hours ago, Floyd said:

So you don’t want to give him a shot because he’s Canadian 

Youre jumping to negative conclusions because of a bias you have for him. He is far better then any one thought he would be coming out, and deserves to be a game day player in this league. He may yet be a starter or better. But its a high risk low reward situation with him right now for us. 

I do not want to give him for several reasons. The biggest reason is we have no other canadian RB to back him up. If he got hurt ejected etc we would be 100% screwed. While hes shown some good signs in garbage time and pre season, demski has showed far more in far more meaning full minutes, Santiago looked better against the same level of action, and starting him allows us to rotate a lot of guys through for various looks. 

So no, I dont want to start him because he isnt in the top 3 or 4 rbs on the roster and it would heavily gimp our ratio. Start Santiago, rotate Grant, demski, and whitehead through running plays and 2 back sets. Pick the best 2 and split reps with them with a 3rd rotating through. 

6 minutes ago, wbbfan said:

I do not want to give him for several reasons. The biggest reason is we have no other canadian RB to back him up. If he got hurt ejected etc we would be 100% screwed.

started 8 Canadians last game, have the depth and flexibility to replace him with an American if need be without too much issue. 

Just now, 17to85 said:

started 8 Canadians last game, have the depth and flexibility to replace him with an American if need be without too much issue. 

You would still have to maintain 8 NIs if he went down. The step down from an IMP wr to petermann is huge. We dont need an extra DI soo bad. You start 7, with the imp rb and rotate through freely. 

4 minutes ago, wbbfan said:

You would still have to maintain 8 NIs if he went down. The step down from an IMP wr to petermann is huge. We dont need an extra DI soo bad. You start 7, with the imp rb and rotate through freely. 

No the point is that if you start 8 Canadians and one of them goes down you can safely replace him with an American.I mean this team has plenty of places they can use a Canadian in game should the need arise. 

Bottom line I don't really care which of Augustine or Santiago they start, whichever one they decide is the better player. I'm just saying you can start Augustine without it being an issue not having a Canadian backup to him. 

16 minutes ago, wbbfan said:

No.  Basically you have one import on O or D who isn't a starter or a DI.  He can sub in for anyone.  So say Augustine "starts" and Santiago is on the roster but not a DI.  Santiago can sub for Augustine or anyone else with no restriction, import or NI.  Essentially teams declare their QB's and DI's.

5 hours ago, Brandon said:

Augustine doesn't look like no slouch to me.  He runs very hard.   

It would be an ideal game for Streveler to show that he can also throw the ball.    Heck even 50/50 balls deep to Matthews we should win most of those battles. 

https://www.google.com/url?sa=i&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=images&cd=&ved=2ahUKEwiGv7nw-aHkAhUCPH0KHYAsCi0QjRx6BAgBEAQ&url=http%3A%2F%2Fmichaelphall.ca%2Fblog%2F%3Fp%3D3070&psig=AOvVaw2u0jgnZ8Um12g5Nnutp9y2&ust=1566957540053242

You could say that again. Well if football doesn't pan out he could always fall back on fighting Supervillains or tearing phonebooks in half. Dear lord. If I looked like him I wouldn't own any shirts.