Nolby

14 minutes ago, WBBFanWest said:

You guys are over thinking this.  Here's what we do:

1 - buy 10 cheap tickets to the Riders game

2 - buy 10 Riders jerseys

3 - buy 10 ewes

4 - put Riders jersey on ewes

5 - put ewes in the stands

The result will be that the Riders and their fans will be completely distracted by the babe-fest.  Game, set, match.

Oh yea, one more thing:

After the win:

1 - burn Riders jerseys

2 - apologize to the ewes 

I like the idea but watch out for PETA.

30 minutes ago, WBBFanWest said:

You guys are over thinking this.  Here's what we do:

1 - buy 10 cheap tickets to the Riders game

2 - buy 10 Riders jerseys

3 - buy 10 ewes

4 - put Riders jersey on ewes

5 - put ewes in the stands

The result will be that the Riders and their fans will be completely distracted by the babe-fest.  Game, set, match.

Oh yea, one more thing:

After the win:

1 - burn Riders jerseys

2 - apologize to the ewes 

6 - take bets on the number of marriage proposals those girls get by half-time.

2 hours ago, BBRT said:

I sort of disagree with your assessment of Fajardo - from what I have seen he is a very accurate passer and if you give him all day I believe he will come out ahead. I suggest we get pressure on him. Also given Richie Hall's bend but not break if we give Fajardo all that much time he will move the ball down the field and keep our defense on the field far too long. He does through a pretty good ball and has good accuracy from what I have seen.

He's accurate when he's throwing to 20 yards of field.  He's good on the scramble.  He's a lot like Masoli IMO.  Not scared of him in the pocket in the least.  Priority should be keeping him in there and getting to him in there, rush has to be very disciplined.

2 hours ago, Eternal optimist said:

Many people, myself included, find special teams weird. Saskatchewan has both benefited from, and been the victim of, special teams play this year:

The good:
- Lead the league with best kickoff return average (31.5 yards per return, MTL is worst with 18.1, OTT is 5th with 24.2)
- Lead the league for fewest yards allowed per kickoff return (17.6 yards per return, TOR is worst 27.6, WPG is 5th 23.3)
- Lead the league in punting average (49.0 yards per punt, TOR is worst 41.5 yards per punt, MTL is 5th 44.5 yards/punt)

The bad: SSK is dead last in several special teams categories (per CFL.ca, up to week 10):
- They are ranked 8th in punt return average per return (9.0 yards per return, WPG is best at 13.0, OTT is 5th at 12.4 per return)
- Tied with BC and CGY for most kick return TDs given up (4)
- They give up a league-worst 18.3 yards on average per opponents kick return (WPG is best 8.3 yards/return, TOR is 5th at 10.8 yards/return)
- They have the worst kickoff average (57.6, MTL is best with 69.4, TOR is 5th 63.3 yards/kickoff)

Surprisingly, SSK is actually second-fewest in special teams penalties (16) behind only WPG (14)

Personally, I think just like this past weekend, there will be one or two crucial plays or lapses in judgement (resulting in penalties) that dictate the outcome of the game. Should be a good one.

If it comes down to special teams, I do not like our chances 

6 hours ago, wanna-b-fanboy said:

No kidding, we lost last year's LDC- but, we have the first ever regular season win and first ever play off win at new mosaic toilet bowl. We are now answers to CFL trivia:

Q: Which team won the first regular season game at new Mosaic TB, home field of the sask roughriders?"

A: "The Winnipeg Blue Bombers."

Q: Which team won the first Playoff game at new Mosaic TB, home field of the sask roughriders?"

Didn't we win the first preseason game too

7 hours ago, Super Duper Negatron said:

In contrast, my least favourite weekend. I alternate every year between watching, or sparing my weekend and checking the score later.

Haven't decided what to do yet this year.

If you alternate each year, wouldn’t that mean that this year you’ll do the opposite of what you did last year?

8 hours ago, wanna-b-fanboy said:

No kidding, we lost last year's LDC- but, we have the first ever regular season win and first ever play off win at new mosaic toilet bowl. We are now answers to CFL trivia:

Q: Which team won the first regular season game at new Mosaic TB, home field of the sask roughriders?"

Q: Which team won the first Playoff game at new Mosaic TB, home field of the sask roughriders?"

And my favourite:

Q: Which team won the final LDC at Old Toilet Bowl stadium?

A: Winnipeg Blue Bombers 

Just now, M.O.A.B. said:

With Andrew out in LDC and BB. We need to juggle the ratio and put in Santiago as a starter or backup to Augustine. With all due respect this is a big drop off in talent and experience. 

Yup. And too late to add someone with talent and experience. 

23 minutes ago, M.O.A.B. said:

With Andrew out in LDC and BB. We need to juggle the ratio and put in Santiago as a starter or backup to Augustine. With all due respect this is a big drop off in talent and experience. 

I disagree on 2 fronts. First I want Augustine to start. He's got a lot to prove especially against a team that cut him. Even if it's a different overall staff etc etc. The burning is still there, guaranteed . second. there's no need to adjust anything for Santiago to start. 3 on D (Kongbo Thomas Hecht) and 4 on O (Wolly, and 3 linemen) without Harris. 

Edit...and I forgot about Demski.

Edited by Bigblue204

17 hours ago, wanna-b-fanboy said:

8 hours ago, O2L said:

And my favourite:

Q: Which team won the final LDC at Old Toilet Bowl stadium?

A: Winnipeg Blue Bombers 

One more just for fun:

Q: Who was the first road team to lose at IG Field

A: Saskatchewan Roughriders

14 minutes ago, blue_gold_84 said:

No Harris for this game and the next is ugly. Ugh... What a terrible turn of events.

Not ideal...but a healthy and fresh RB coming into the second half of the season is pretty ideal. He's going to get basically 4 weeks off. He will have fresh legs and a big old chip on his shoulder come mid September! 

Edited by Bigblue204