Argos/Als

rebusrankin

The Halifax expansion is a bad idea for many reasons, but hearing the ownership group talking about playing in 2021 and "playing a couple seasons" in Moncton while a stadium is built in Nova Scotia is complete lunacy.  They'll be bankrupt before they play a game in their stadium.  Based on the crowds showing to these games they are likely to lose $10-15 million a season on operations in Moncton, plus the initial costs of starting up.

There's truly no benefit to the league.  Is TSN going to cough up a bunch of money because there's now a team in the coveted Atlantic TV market of half a million people?

11 minutes ago, JuranBoldenRules said:

The Halifax expansion is a bad idea for many reasons, but hearing the ownership group talking about playing in 2021 and "playing a couple seasons" in Moncton while a stadium is built in Nova Scotia is complete lunacy.  They'll be bankrupt before they play a game in their stadium.  Based on the crowds showing to these games they are likely to lose $10-15 million a season on operations in Moncton, plus the initial costs of starting up.

There's truly no benefit to the league.  Is TSN going to cough up a bunch of money because there's now a team in the coveted Atlantic TV market of half a million people?

I believe they also missed 3 separate dates to present their proposals to the Halifax city council as well.

Additionally, its a market that isn't growing, with governments that have debt issues so severe that they have to cut essential services.

1 minute ago, rebusrankin said:

I believe they also missed 3 separate dates to present their proposals to the Halifax city council as well.

Additionally, its a market that isn't growing, with governments that have debt issues so severe that they have to cut essential services.

Very true.  There are weekends when there is not an ER open on Cape Breton to facilitate the doctor having a couple days off.  They can't justify giving a dollar to a stadium.

35 minutes ago, JuranBoldenRules said:

Very true.  There are weekends when there is not an ER open on Cape Breton to facilitate the doctor having a couple days off.  They can't justify giving a dollar to a stadium.

Yeah I'm all for a team in eastern Canada, I just dont see how it's a viable option. Not long term anyways.