Its Time To Hand The Ball To Willie Jefferson

Zontar

1 hour ago, Booch said:

Time to hand Willie a pen...to sign that extension on his next 2 years. 

He said prior to season that he signed a one yr to see how it goes..and if it would be a good fit and like it here..seems to me those boxes have been checked off

It’s great he is his own agent so give him fair money and you think he signs.

1 hour ago, Booch said:

Dont profess to be all ens all..just a perspective from a different place..and a bit of tidbits from people in the know and will in the game.

Btw..Kongbo''s "injury" was a nutshot..lol...heal to the onions

You're a straight shooter.  You don't pretend to be something you're not - it's appreciated. 

4 hours ago, Noeller said:

and Kongbo is basically the same guy......can you imagine the two of them next year, when Kongbo has a year of seasoning?? Cripes...

Actually McCallister is even more like Willy. 6'6 lean and fast, awesome inside move he made last night to get in the passing lane to knock that one down last night.

3 minutes ago, rebusrankin said:

If you ever get a chance to watch the team warm up, pay attention to the Dline. As others have said, Jefferson, Kongo and McAllister are like clones.

An embarrassment of riches. The scouting has improved greatly since the arrival of Rigmaiden. Walters has put together a helluva organization.

2 hours ago, Noeller said:

If we ever get back to all 1s on the field, watch out.... 

By the time the 1s are all healthy I am not sure they will still be 1s.

when we are healthy there will be some tough decisions and sone very good players not on the game day roster. Hopefully Walters has had enough of the other GM’s BS that he has his own way of keeping these guys on our team. 

19 minutes ago, GCJenks said:

By the time the 1s are all healthy I am not sure they will still be 1s.

when we are healthy there will be some tough decisions and sone very good players not on the game day roster. Hopefully Walters has had enough of the other GM’s BS that he has his own way of keeping these guys on our team. 

with the dearth of talent on the rosters of the Lions, RedBlacks, Argos and Alouettes Walters ought to be able to pick up some very nice draft picks and/or neg listers if he decides to wheel and deal.

13 hours ago, Throw Long Bannatyne said:

Little doubt Walters is going to have to make Willy the highest paid D player in the league if he wants to retain him, $250,000+, gets a bit dicey when they're already paying Bighill in that ballpark.

Let Bighill go then. I think hes more replaceable. 

8 hours ago, BigBlueFanatic said:

If Streveler hits his stride, how about sign him long term and let Nichols go in the off-season. Could save cap space and keep both Bighill and Jefferson.  I think Bighill is going to keep rounding into form.

I had always thought that if he got a chance and established himself that the bombers might do just that... but who knows.

9 hours ago, BigBlueFanatic said:

If Streveler hits his stride, how about sign him long term and let Nichols go in the off-season. Could save cap space and keep both Bighill and Jefferson.  I think Bighill is going to keep rounding into form.

But what kind of salary would Streveler command?

He could ask for 350 and get it from somebody due to the sad sack state of QBing in the league right now.

I'm in favour of it, but if the coaches are more comfortable with Nichols for only 100-150 more and roll with that I would not be the least bit surprised.

2 hours ago, gcn11 said:

Bighill has not been as noticeable this year because he doesn't have to be. Our DL are swallowing up his tackles...and that's a very good thing.

That is true to an extent but Bighill seems to be out of position and whiffing tackles more often this year.

On 2019-08-25 at 1:45 AM, BigBlueFanatic said:

Wish we'd extended Streveler at the end of last season though, because if he lights it up there will be competition for his services.