3 stars plus hh

wbbfan

I don't wanna quote everyone talking about the global players, but I read a piece last week talking about the globals contributing, and they listed, I believe the stat was "number of snaps played", and Hansen was actually second to Edmonton's global player (can't remember his name). Now, having said that, I'd say that Hansen has been more productive, just based on what he's actually accomplished on the field, but Edmonton's global has apparently been on the field for more snaps, whether on Teams or O/D (not sure if their player is O or D)....

Just now, Noeller said:

I don't wanna quote everyone talking about the global players, but I read a piece last week talking about the globals contributing, and they listed, I believe the stat was "number of snaps played", and Hansen was actually second to Edmonton's global player (can't remember his name). Now, having said that, I'd say that Hansen has been more productive, just based on what he's actually accomplished on the field, but Edmonton's global has apparently been on the field for more snaps, whether on Teams or O/D (not sure if their player is O or D)....

If it was prior to the last couple games I’m sure Hansen has blown that number up after that.  He’s played just by my eyes almost half the D snaps since the 2nd half vs BC.

we got real lucky that Gray didn't get flagged there. He shoved a guy pretty good and could easily have been flagged, but they didn't, and his teammates got him off the field, and then when Hunter wouldn't let it go, and shoved a ref, he got the retaliation flag that will ALWAYS come....

7 hours ago, SpeedFlex27 said:

Our DL never gets the credit it deserves, it's always about Edmonton. Or the Riders. Or Ti Cats. About time TSN recognized what our Front 4 can do. Harris was harassed & harried. He had to throw the ball early before he wanted to. There were a ton of hurries last night.

It's no wonder they're not recognized, official stats record Jefferson with 3 QS's  with no sacks for any other members of the team.  I'll have to re-watch the game more closely but I know Nevis, Richardson and Hansen got to Harris at least once each putting him on his back and Thiadric was responsible for one F.F..  In the end stats. are for losers, this is the best D-line the Bombers have fielded in an extremely long time.

9 minutes ago, Noeller said:

we got real lucky that Gray didn't get flagged there. He shoved a guy pretty good and could easily have been flagged, but they didn't, and his teammates got him off the field, and then when Hunter wouldn't let it go, and shoved a ref, he got the retaliation flag that will ALWAYS come....

Definitely don't shove a ref.

Seems to be happening more and more.

Quite a signing was Willy Jefferson....Riders lament everyday about us snagging one of the best fa's this year, which was worth it alone.....Sure proved his worth last night did 'ol wingspan' and have left the Esks. in shock in their own backyard....Luv'd every minute of it....

1 minute ago, Stickem said:

Quite a signing was Willy Jefferson....Riders lament everyday about us snagging one of the best fa's this year, which was worth it alone.....Sure proved his worth last night did 'ol wingspan' and have left the Esks. in shock in their own backyard....Luv'd every minute of it....

so much love for the Reilly and Harris signings in the offseason, but Jefferson might have been the best one....

When they showed a replay of Streveller from different camera, early in the game after he was hit hard, I thought he looked confused (ie fuzzy headed) when he got up. Chris Matthews went to help him up.

Anyone else think the same?

Although It's hard to see anything, watching on a laptop as I do.

happy honker to Johnzo for his excellent Cactus Jack style.

What an entertaining guy Cactus was, all these years later, people still fondly remember him.

Edited by Mark F

1 hour ago, Noeller said:

Yeah a little lucky but the way Gray went about the shoving was perfect. Wasn't really looking at the guy. Making things look accidental. It was beautiful. Right on the line

2 hours ago, Mark F said:

When they showed a replay of Streveller from different camera, early in the game after he was hit hard, I thought he looked confused (ie fuzzy headed) when he got up. Chris Matthews went to help him up.

Anyone else think the same?

yeah I saw that too, the way he was moving I thought the spotter was gonna demand the concussion protocol, but nothing came of it.  Hope he's ok.