GDT - Bombers vs Esks

JCon

I was at the game last night and I don’t know if I’m crazy but the Eskimos seem to absolutely blast the music over the PA system every time they told their crowd to get loud.  I don’t know if it was the fact that I was very sober but they seem to pump the artificial noise a lot more than most stadiums.  Is this a legal tactic?  I remember teams being flagged years ago for doing something similar.

9 hours ago, Albertabomberguy said:

I was at the game last night and I don’t know if I’m crazy but the Eskimos seem to absolutely blast the music over the PA system every time they told their crowd to get loud.  I don’t know if it was the fact that I was very sober but they seem to pump the artificial noise a lot more than most stadiums.  Is this a legal tactic?  I remember teams being flagged years ago for doing something similar.

I know Regina does something similar. They tend to play music even when the 20 second clock starts and their drum-line seems to play right up until the snap.

On 2019-08-24 at 9:56 AM, Bubba Zanetti said:

Did you hear his whiny post game interview on TSN? He basically called the refs out and said there should have been penalties against us too when they got dinged for those 30 yards near the end of the game. He just kept going on and on about it. Its always the retaliation that gets called bro. Ours guys had stopped mucking it up and were walking away, while your guys were continuing to be dicks and shoved a ref. SUCK A FAT ONE MAAS! And I know you can hear me with those 2 satellite dishes attached to the sides of your head!

I missed the post game stuff on TSN, but had to try to find this. For anyone else interested in Maas' rant around the 2:50 mark:

https://www.tsn.ca/winnipeg-blue-bombers-beat-edmonton-eskimos-for-third-straight-win-stay-first-in-west-1.1355340

So he right they didn't flag everything and maybe they should... but he still wouldn't come out with even penalties or even close in penalties because that Edmonton team was taking dirty cheap shots all game and they have no discipline. Such a contrast from Winnipeg that plays a tough physical game without being undisciplined. Even the big scrum that cost Edmonton, yeah gray could got a flag but he pushed a guy and walked away, it was Edmonton whining about it that ultimately drew them the flag.

23 minutes ago, Rod Black said:

Love it. We have a a Dieter on board when discussing Fritzy. 

German/Irish...I have this overwhelming desire to take over the world but I'm too busy getting pished to do anything about it.

You, on the other hand, can be forgiven for your aggressive tendencies...we know it's simply an adverse reaction to putting too much basil in the ratatouille ;)

Edited by Deiter Fan

2 hours ago, WildPath said:

I missed the post game stuff on TSN, but had to try to find this. For anyone else interested in Maas' rant around the 2:50 mark:

https://www.tsn.ca/winnipeg-blue-bombers-beat-edmonton-eskimos-for-third-straight-win-stay-first-in-west-1.1355340

I don't know what his gripe is...in that scrum the refs didn't flag anyone til a ref got pushed. That's blatant and will get called every time...as should the RTP which could just as easily been called spearing. You can't lead with your lid like that especially on a player that is not in any position to protect himself.

I still don't understand how they didn't initiate concussion protocols when Strevs got his bell rung. Granted he was able to continue and it worked out well for us...but wow...he looked completely looped when he got up.

Edited by Deiter Fan

3 hours ago, WildPath said:

Pfff Maas can whine all he wants.

Nevis was held all night and they didn't get called on a single hold.

That's impossible in the CFL