GDT - Bombers vs Esks

JCon

1 minute ago, deepsixemtoboyd said:

Yeah… I think LaPo called a good  game. Actually, I think LaPo generally calls a very good game and seems to understand what he’s working with very well.  The blue bombers offense – under his - direction is vastly superior and more sophisticated than what we had before… Remember those days? Before he came back? I’m going out on a limb here and saying he is a smart guy that takes a lot of caca on this board from for reasons that I find hard to understand. 

And, pleeeeeeeeze...I really like Buck, but can we finally put to bed any yammering for him to take over as the OC? I mean, once again, what evidence is there that Buck is an offensive mastermind? The bombers have a highly rated offence even with a starter (Nichols) with a limited skill set and ceiling (compared to some of the other starting quarterbacks) and yet still manage to produce and are now eight and two.

So, let’s give LaPo a little well-deserved love, along with some of the other pieces in the successful season we’ve had thus far. 

Lol.........*waits for 17to85*................................lol................................

44 minutes ago, Noeller said:

now that there's a game's worth of tape on our new look offense, I'm curious what Sask tries next week to take it away. Can they force us to stay in the pocket and play a passing-only game? Will Streveler be able to do it? I just really don't like CS mechanics as a passer...that throwing motion seems all kinds of wrong. Not sure if he can be coached into being a better passer, but I'm sure we'll find out soon enough. Not sure how long this current game plan is sustainable...

Edmonton tried to contain streveler and Harris had huge holes to run through as a result.

10 hours ago, Bigblue204 said:

**** YEAH BABY!!!! 8-2!!!! EAT A **** MAAS.

Did you hear his whiny post game interview on TSN? He basically called the refs out and said there should have been penalties against us too when they got dinged for those 30 yards near the end of the game. He just kept going on and on about it. Its always the retaliation that gets called bro. Ours guys had stopped mucking it up and were walking away, while your guys were continuing to be dicks and shoved a ref. SUCK A FAT ONE MAAS! And I know you can hear me with those 2 satellite dishes attached to the sides of your head!

Edited by Bubba Zanetti

9 hours ago, do or die said:

People like to talk about the Esks DL......and should talk more about the Bomber DL

Suitor couldn't stop drooling over the Esks front 4. He gets wet when he sees all the sacks but that doesn't tell the tale. Our front 4 might not have a ton of sacks but they've turned teams completely one dimensional. You just cant run on us. Streveler and Harris shredded them for huge gains all night. You take away Gable's one big run and he has 19 yards on 11 carries lol!

Edited by Bubba Zanetti

1 hour ago, Noeller said:

now that there's a game's worth of tape on our new look offense, I'm curious what Sask tries next week to take it away. Can they force us to stay in the pocket and play a passing-only game? Will Streveler be able to do it? I just really don't like CS mechanics as a passer...that throwing motion seems all kinds of wrong. Not sure if he can be coached into being a better passer, but I'm sure we'll find out soon enough. Not sure how long this current game plan is sustainable...

Meh...tape.  Everyone knew what was coming, they couldn't stop it.  Bombers exert their physical will and it's unstoppable.  Someone else bucks up and makes tackles they have a chance to stop it, but that run game is consistent and they didn't even involve all the weapons.  The limit on the run game was Lapo going away from zone read/RPO looks for several possessions.  Edmonton did zip to stop it all night, the OL, Harris and Streveler kicked their ass.  Can't scheme that.

Only issue with Streveler's passing are the deep balls.  His mid range stuff he's putting the ball right on guys, they need to make the plays.  Probably quite an adjustment from Nichols as the ball is in front or on guys, not behind or on the shoe tops.

Edited by JuranBoldenRules

1 minute ago, do or die said:

Gable hit that seam for the 30 yard run.   The rest?  11 carries for 23 yards...

watching the TSN Game Review highlight pack, I'm pretty sure a guy fell down on that run and JUST missed getting him after about 10 yards, and that was the difference. I don't wanna call it a fluke run, but.......it happens. Our Run D is insane this year.

1 minute ago, Noeller said:

watching the TSN Game Review highlight pack, I'm pretty sure a guy fell down on that run and JUST missed getting him after about 10 yards, and that was the difference. I don't wanna call it a fluke run, but.......it happens. Our Run D is insane this year.

And Hecht ran at him without wrapping up giving him another 10 yards.

I'm still so buzzed this morning about the Bombers beating that classless, loudmouthed, dirty Maas team.  

All night long -while losing the game- the esks are beaking and shoving after the play, pulling schoolyard intimidation moves like walking through Bombers players just trying to get to the sidelines.  About god@mned time they got called for spearing, and that clown money hunter shoving the ref was pure gold.

As long as Maas is in charge, that team will never change when it comes to discipline.

Oh and I live in Edmonton and will quietly relish the long faces and handwringing at work on Monday :D

Streveler plays the game like a linebacker which is fun to watch but he's gotta be careful. He came up wobbly on that big hit early in the game. Im actually surprised he didn't have to go into some kind of concussion protocol. Hopefully he can become more of a pocket passer but I have my doubts. His release is downright fugly. Very Uncle Rico'ish.

19 minutes ago, Bubba Zanetti said:

Did you hear his whiny post game interview on TSN? He basically called the refs out and said there should have been penalties against us too when they got dinged for those 30 yards near the end of the game. He just kept going on and on about it. Its always the retaliation that gets called bro. Ours guys had stopped mucking it up and were walking away, while your guys were continuing to be dicks and shoved a ref. SUCK A FAT ONE MAAS! And I know you can hear me with those 2 satellite dishes attached to the sides of your head!

Guess he missed the T Harris 40 yard run completely facilitated by two holds on Nevis and Jefferson which would have been a nothing play had they been called.

The game plan was to run, and there were 4-5 drops that were on our our receivers.  Edmonton either sent the heat, or left lanes open trying to contain both A. Harris and Streveler.  Oh and it was raining.  

Trevor Harris got big yards on some bad busts, but the Edmonton O was left having to throw the ball because they couldn’t run for sh!t againt Mr.Drake & co.

38 minutes ago, Mr Dee said:

Might as well get used to it..

Happy to agree with Bob, no matter how much many Bomber fans like to complain about Nichols style or stats., with this team the the QB position is not as much of a difference maker as it normally is on winning football teams.  A great thing about that theme is keying solely on the QB's performance is not enough to shut them down, total team effort is working for them and O'Shea is beginning to reveal himself as a half-crazed scruffy genius.

Defense gave up a ton of yards but was a bend but dont break with only giving up 1 td. Willy J was an absolute monster and is our obvious vote for defense mop for the Bombers. No the best passing game obviously by Chris but he got it done. Next week will be tough but we've got the team around him to beat the Riders on the road.

1 minute ago, 17to85 said:

Jason maas is a professional victim. Always some unfair thing happening to him. 

I don't know why they run the same idiots on the field week after week to take the same crippling penalties. Felt like some of their vets were getting pretty pissed off at their own team in that 4th Q, Sewell visibly on the sideline after the one fracas.

Just now, Nolby said:

Defense gave up a ton of yards but was a bend but dont break with only giving up 1 td. Willy J was an absolute monster and is our obvious vote for defense mop for the Bombers. No the best passing game obviously by Chris but he got it done. Next week will be tough but we've got the team around him to beat the Riders on the road.

Yeah and turning the ball over.

T Harris had 400 yards....1 TD...3 fumbles and a pick six....

2 minutes ago, Jpan85 said:

Bombers game plan is basically we are bigger and badder than you up front and we will physically man handle you for 60 minutes. Grind you down 

The hilarious part was the esks strutting around pretending to be big tough badasses and the bombers ers just not even caring. Love the attitude this Winnipeg team has. Tough without having to pretend to be tough. Just go out and hit the other team in the mouth and no show beating about it.