GDT - Bombers vs Esks

JCon

3 minutes ago, Noeller said:

I'm gonna eat this one. I can't believe we won this. The D looked like **** at times but at other times they looked all world. But they won this game, no question. Unreal team win, but I'm still very concerned about Strev as a starter... 

Why? He had 4 2 and outs all game. He moved the ball.. Put up Nichols like combined numbers. It wasn't pretty passing but Woli Demski Matthews with drops for sure. 

He looked fine. Esks D is a good D. 

The O averages 300 yards roughly a game.

They aren't marching.. They are close to dead last in 2 and outs.. Def last in passing yards.. No reveiver on pass for 1000 yards. 

Might have been unorthodox but the O put up about as many total yards as normal this year.

Edited by Goalie

Just now, Goalie said:

Why? He had 4 2 and outs all game. He moved the ball.. Put up Nichols like combined numbers. It wasn't pretty passing but Woli Demski Matthews with drops for sure. 

He looked fine. Esks D is a good D. 

Strev looked like **** in the passing game. Thats the only way to view it...

4 minutes ago, Noeller said:

I'm gonna eat this one. I can't believe we won this. The D looked like **** at times but at other times they looked all world. But they won this game, no question. Unreal team win, but I'm still very concerned about Strev as a starter... 

D was really good, the DL was giving Harris fits all night. They gave up some big plays but otherwise solid solid game. 

As for Streveler, I don't think it's an indictment of him. Edmonton has a good D and he dealt with a lot of drops and a horrible 2nd half game plan (as per usual with lapo) Guy brings the threat with his legs that makes Harris better so it's really a big part of his game that the run game was as effective as it was. 

2 minutes ago, Dodge and Burn said:

Strev looked like **** in the passing game. Thats the only way to view it...

Why? Add 70 yards on the 4 or 5 drops and his numbers are more than what Nichols does. The O with Nichols = 300 yards maybe a game.. With Strev.. 300 ish again. 

We aren't and havent won a game this year because our o put up a ton of points. Esks havent allowed 30 prior to this game. He moved the ball. 

Edited by Goalie

Tracy Ham, Damon Allen even Doug Flutie started out as running QBs before they rounded out their game and became more complete...i am not saying Strevler will become as good, just that it takes time for the game to slow down for young QBs. Got to give Strev at least 4 games in row before we see if he can be our next starting QB.

Edited by bb1

Good team win. Pretty much the same formula as the past few wins. Good defense and/or special teams, with just enough offense.

Streveler was a roller coaster. Effective runner with limited passing tonight, but most of that was by design - particularly with the weather. LaPo called a ton of designed runs (too many in my opinion). Hopefully we can get the pass game on track next week. Can certainly build your run and pass game off all the play action and zone reads. Hoping to see that develop further.

Jefferson was amazing.

We won like we usually did. Specials & defense. Jefferson stepped up big time today. Rios with the athletic pick 6 & the goat on that late 4th quarter 75 yard bomb. Streveler can run but every pass he throws is an adventure. At some point the defenses in this league will take away or reduce his effectiveness running so he has to show improvement in the passing game. Desjarlais was brutal tonight. A power puff blocker. Where the **** is Neufeld?

5 minutes ago, SpeedFlex27 said:

We won like we usually did. Specials & defense. Jefferson stepped up big time today. Rios with the athletic pick 6 & the goat on that late 4th quarter 75 yard bomb. Streveler can run but every pass he throws is an adventure. At some point the defenses in this league will take away or reduce his effectiveness running so he has to show improvement in the passing game. Desjarlais was brutal tonight. A power puff blocker. Where the **** is Neufeld?

Eli in quite a bit for him.