Week Of: Bombers @ Esks

Noeller

11 hours ago, Jpan85 said:

Wonder if Edmonton sits back in coverage with a LB QB spying him and makes Streveler beat him with his arm instead of bringing a lot of pressure.

I think Edm will run blitz and spy Harris all night until Strev makes them change. 

OR they rush 5 with thier dominate front and play zone and bait Strev into making reads... 

Either way we are gonna get a good gauge on where or QB is at. 

4 hours ago, 17to85 said:

Well I don't think you're getting at the logic I use. I'm not some big Nichols fanboi here, I have actually long felt that Streveler has higher potential in the long term, however I'm also not going to throw Nichols under the bus when Lapo very clearly is doing the same **** he always does. 

So if Streveler succeeds it will be dependent on 2 things happening, 1: Him playing well and 2: Lapo giving him the playbook to have success. I will judge for myself what happens when he gets out there and make my judgements based on knowing the 2 variables. 

as much as I don't like Nichols, I agree with you on this...   Streveler's success depends a lot on the game plan given to him Lapo, much like Nichols situation....  Nichols has proven to be an adequate QB when given a more dynamic and creative game plan,  as opposed to the 'dink and dunk' that targets Harris as his primary receiver, and one that includes all of his player makers in a balanced attack...

so, I think we are both on the same page on this and should be able to come to a consensus... 

14 hours ago, 17to85 said:

Will depend on how things unfold,

but likewise if streveler struggles you gonna admit that Lapo can be his own worst enemy? Or will you just turn on Streveler too?

If Streveler struggles, it will be unfortunate, as I do believe he's our future.  But we won't know that after tonight!  And I never "turned" on Nichols, I never believed him to be the answer... this offence turned around more when Harris arrived, it just so happened that Nichols was brought in shortly after him!

If LaPo scales back the playbook and neuters Strev and doesn't allow him to take shots downfield, then absolutely, we've got play calling problems.   I don't think that'll be the case though.   It's the mid range throws (8-15 yards) that has been missing from Nichols arsenal, and I think that's where Streveler will hopefully be able to move the sticks more often hitting those throws on 2nd and long.

12 hours ago, 17to85 said:

Well I don't think you're getting at the logic I use. I'm not some big Nichols fanboi here, I have actually long felt that Streveler has higher potential in the long term, however I'm also not going to throw Nichols under the bus when Lapo very clearly is doing the same **** he always does. 

So if Streveler succeeds it will be dependent on 2 things happening, 1: Him playing well and 2: Lapo giving him the playbook to have success. I will judge for myself what happens when he gets out there and make my judgements based on knowing the 2 variables. 

So if he succeeds its a decision on if it was him or plop, but if struggles it was plop all along...

37 minutes ago, wbbfan said:

So if he succeeds its a decision on if it was him or plop, but if struggles it was plop all along...

to me, it will be if he is actually given a game plan to execute that isn't nothing but all check downs, or, the dink and dunk, Harris is our most targeted receiver, and we involve all play makers in the offense... the other thing that will be on Lapo is if we see nothing but stupid gadget running plays for Streveler...  if this happens, then it's on lapo...

on the other hand, if we see throws down field at all depths and playing past the chains mixed with the run games, then it's on Streveler...

Edmonton D-line are dirty buggers, hopefully they don't get any free shots at Streveler.   The head shot MBT took from Mike Moore last weekend was fined but it should have been an automatic 25 yd. penalty by the command centre as the infraction was so obviously vicious.  After the hub-bub of the Simoni hit on Collaros died down things appear to be back to normal in regards to on-field player protection.

2 hours ago, Throw Long Bannatyne said:

Edmonton D-line are dirty buggers, hopefully they don't get any free shots at Streveler.   The head shot MBT took from Mike Moore last weekend was fined but it should have been an automatic 25 yd. penalty by the command centre as the infraction was so obviously vicious.  After the hub-bub of the Simoni hit on Collaros died down things appear to be back to normal in regards to on-field player protection.

Those flagrant spears and hits to the head could be fixed by an ejection and loss of pay for the game.

Edited by Tracker

On 2019-08-20 at 12:58 PM, MC said:

Then they put in McGuire.  If he goes down then they just run direct snaps to Harris.  If you are putting in your third string QB in a game that the number 1 and 2 went down, then that guy is not bringing you back to win.  The game needs to be run out one way of the other.  NFL teams, such as the Patriots, only dress 2 QB's al the time.  The only reason CFL teams usually dress 3 is because they are exempt from the roster rules.  If it meant they could play another position player, most coaches would only dress 2.  That was the way it was before they changed the rule. 

Yes I get that....what I meant was that it was risky to have only 2 quarterbacks available period. I felt we needed to have a 3rd qb here to be learning the system just in case. Dressing 2 is fine, but I wanted another here as insurance, and lo and behold, they've brought in another guy. If Streveler leads with his head again this weekend we shall need another guy!