Week Of: Bombers @ Esks

Noeller

14 minutes ago, Booch said:

pretty sure that this will be the game where we might see some ST trickery...also expect to see some brand new formations on offence that will throw Edm off...like has been said in media...I bet we expand on the playbook as opposed to pare it down somewhat

With Streveler.....the opportunity is certainly there.   Chris brings some things athletically....that Nichols could only dream of.   This upcoming game fascinates me.

29 minutes ago, Booch said:

pretty sure that this will be the game where we might see some ST trickery...also expect to see some brand new formations on offence that will throw Edm off...like has been said in media...I bet we expand on the playbook as opposed to pare it down somewhat

That would make a lot of sense, but I really don't trust Lapolice anymore. Guy gets in his own way so so many times. I really hope they let Streveler be a QB, the guy can pass, don't shoe horn him into being a glorified running back, that's all I ask. 

38 minutes ago, Jpan85 said:

Wonder if Edmonton sits back in coverage with a LB QB spying him and makes Streveler beat him with his arm instead of bringing a lot of pressure.

I will take that. I don't think the Edmonton lbs are all that great so if they aren't bringing a lot of pressure as they usually do I will call it a win for the bombers.

More than likely they will have a guy spying..if I wast he DC there thats would I would have my defense doing...and that's all the more reason for Lapo to hopefully realize this, or game plan for that's what they intend to do, and to start off his first few series with varied pre-snap motions...best way to combat that, enables Strev to recognize who is vacating and know what coverage responsibilities are.

32 minutes ago, JuranBoldenRules said:

Can say for sure Edmonton will be in max protect all game especially with that left side...going to see 7 blockers every passing down.  Hall better have a better plan than rushing 6 into it.

If BC was this smart, they would do the same.

1 hour ago, Jpan85 said:

Wonder if Edmonton sits back in coverage with a LB QB spying him and makes Streveler beat him with his arm instead of bringing a lot of pressure.

That would be my game plan, but Woli can neutralize that linebacker easily enough and allow CS17 to break out into the secondary. I remember Peter Dalla Riva doing that to Dan Kepley way back in a Grey Cup game, Kepley became an instant non-factor. 

3 hours ago, 17to85 said:

That would make a lot of sense, but I really don't trust Lapolice anymore. Guy gets in his own way so so many times. I really hope they let Streveler be a QB, the guy can pass, don't shoe horn him into being a glorified running back, that's all I ask. 

So if the offence starts to thrive under Streveler, you'll be willing to admit that it was Nichols all along, and not LaPo?

1 hour ago, trueBlue83 said:

So if the offence starts to thrive under Streveler, you'll be willing to admit that it was Nichols all along, and not LaPo?

Will depend on how things unfold,

but likewise if streveler struggles you gonna admit that Lapo can be his own worst enemy? Or will you just turn on Streveler too?

4 hours ago, 17to85 said:

Will depend on how things unfold,

but likewise if streveler struggles you gonna admit that Lapo can be his own worst enemy? Or will you just turn on Streveler too?

By that logic if streveler has a good game then it was all nichols? 🤣

3 hours ago, Tracker said:

One game should not anoint Streveler as the messiah nor damn him as a wasted signing. Not many quarterbacks would survive those criteria.

QFT

2 minutes ago, wbbfan said:

By that logic if streveler has a good game then it was all nichols? 🤣

QFT

Well I don't think you're getting at the logic I use. I'm not some big Nichols fanboi here, I have actually long felt that Streveler has higher potential in the long term, however I'm also not going to throw Nichols under the bus when Lapo very clearly is doing the same **** he always does. 

So if Streveler succeeds it will be dependent on 2 things happening, 1: Him playing well and 2: Lapo giving him the playbook to have success. I will judge for myself what happens when he gets out there and make my judgements based on knowing the 2 variables. 

6 minutes ago, 17to85 said:

Well I don't think you're getting at the logic I use. I'm not some big Nichols fanboi here, I have actually long felt that Streveler has higher potential in the long term, however I'm also not going to throw Nichols under the bus when Lapo very clearly is doing the same **** he always does. 

So if Streveler succeeds it will be dependent on 2 things happening, 1: Him playing well and 2: Lapo giving him the playbook to have success. I will judge for myself what happens when he gets out there and make my judgements based on knowing the 2 variables. 

Are you captain obvious ?