Week Of: Bombers @ Esks

Noeller

9 hours ago, M.O.A.B. said:

Yea. This is a trap game for Esks. 😂

The Edmonton Inuit could be forgiven for feeling overconfident. They have the healthiest starting quarterback in the league and overall their starters  have not been decimated like much of the rest of the league. Given Streveler's inexperience, their defence is probably smacking their lips, but his tendency to take off with the ball may be a big advantage. I do not think much of their linebackers but their D-line is solid,

I can vividly see LaPolice's brain thinking like this:

"Everyone will be expecting Streveler to use his legs (via rollouts, option plays, designed QB draws, etc.) since it is his greatest strength. Since I'm the smartest person in the CFL I will limit him to being a pocket QB and throw 9 times for every 1 called rush/rollout. Sure it goes completely against his strengths, but the other team won't expect it at all! I'm a genius!"

This was the same logic that saw us completely take Andrew Harris out of the game plan against Hamilton, who at the time had the league worst defense against the run.

1 minute ago, Blue_Dragoon said:

I can vividly see LaPolice's brain thinking like this:

"Everyone will be expecting Streveler to use his legs (via rollouts, option plays, designed QB draws, etc.) since it is his greatest strength. Since I'm the smartest person in the CFL I will limit him to being a pocket QB and throw 9 times for every 1 called rush/rollout. Sure it goes completely against his strengths, but the other team won't expect it at all! I'm a genius!"

This was the same logic that saw us completely take Andrew Harris out of the game plan against Hamilton, who at the time had the league worst defense against the run.

Nichols is rolling. He's throwing all over the field, moving the chains and opening lanes for Harris. Streveler will start the next series. 

20 minutes ago, trueBlue83 said:

although I was excited to see a series from Streveler at that point....even I, Nichols biggest fan, was like 'why are they doing this right now??'

Yeah, me and brother thought maybe Nichols got hurt on the previous drive. Was such a weird choice. But it also speaks to the stubborness of the coaching staff. They obviously planned to have Streveler take a drive or two during the game. And regardless of how good or bad Nichols was playing...that was happening. No ifs ands or buts. 

Edited by Bigblue204

14 minutes ago, Bigblue204 said:

Yeah, me and brother thought maybe Nichols got hurt on the previous drive. Was such a weird choice. But it also speaks to the stubborness of the coaching staff. They obviously planned to have Streveler take a drive or two during the game. And regardless of how good or bad Nichols was playing...that was happening. No ifs ands or buts. 

"Nothing is foolproof to a sufficiently determined fool".

Curious to see what the Kongbo/Jefferson/Mcallister combo will do.

Also seeing as we have 2 nationals designated as starters on Defense, thinking if Woli is knicked we could see him subbed out at times for Grant on offence...which would really lead in well to a Streveler lead offence with misdirection and varying versions of sweeps and option runs...