Week Of: Bombers @ Esks

Noeller

17 minutes ago, JuranBoldenRules said:

I think you’re underestimating the value Harris brings each and every down, he is the safety valve for the offense in a way Augustine just won’t be. The carries are only a few plays, we’d be lucky if Augustine replaces that, but then there’s 40 other plays in the game.

Not underestimating anything, just trying to stay positive here.

17 minutes ago, do or die said:

Ok, Streveler will run for 150.....also toss the ball up, catch it himself,and get YAC, 6 or 7 times, as well....

I could totally see big Chris attempting a pass only to have it tipped up by a lineman.... right back to him an then yeh he rambles for a first down !

Man, I haven't seen despair and panic like this, well... I don't even remember this in the Kelly and Burke days

Feels like a bunch of guys are writing off a 7-2 team...  and forgetting that Edmonton couldn't even score a touchdown against us in the last game

7 minutes ago, Floyd said:

Man, I haven't seen despair and panic like this, well... I don't even remember this in the Kelly and Burke days

Feels like a bunch of guys are writing off a 7-2 team...  and forgetting that Edmonton couldn't even score a touchdown against us in the last game

Well, I would expect a polar bear expert to be calm, cool and collected but the rest of us are running around like a bunch of 6 year olds looking for the banner to run through, not sure to which side to run. 

I do have to agree that a team that has won mainly on defence and specials can absorb losses to offence better than an offence only team but Harris is a BIG loss ... more than Nichols. 

2 minutes ago, Fan Boy said:

Well, I would expect a polar bear expert to be calm, cool and collected but the rest of us are running around like a bunch of 6 year olds looking for the banner to run through, not sure to which side to run. 

I do have to agree that a team that has won mainly on defence and specials can absorb losses to offence better than an offence only team but Harris is a BIG loss ... more than Nichols. 

Yup a big loss... that hasn't actually been confirmed as 'out' for Friday's game...

1 hour ago, 17to85 said:

If Harris is out the beauty of it is that it forces other guys to have to step up and it takes away the crutch that he is. The team would have no choice but to let other people be the man. 

You are asking a group of Boys to be the MAN.....hard to do when you are filling the shoes of the CFL MOP.

4 hours ago, 17to85 said:

but trending up only means winning against shitty teams plus Hamilton with the backup qb and no top offensive weapon... 

Well.. we beat shitty teams, lost to the same Hamilton team and lost to the worse team in the league.. By your logic, we are worse then Sask, which is not the case

4 hours ago, 17to85 said:

I know people love to ***** about how the Bombers win, but after how many seasons of winning that way can we please pretend it's all smoke and mirrors when it very clearly isn't? 

Just because the Bombers took their foot off the gas in Toronto doesn't mean a lot in the grand scheme of things. 

we weren't discussing this or arguing about it. We are talking about how you think Sask is a **** team and Fjardo isn't that good and we should beat them and i'm arguing the opposite is true and their recent play and points scored should be alot more concerning.. We can agreeJust because the Bombers took their foot off the gas in Toronto doesn't mean a lot in the grand scheme of things.  that we hate Sask, sure, but to suggest their team it not in a fight for 2nd place is silly.. After the LDC and Banjo bowl, they could be sitting atop the west. 

We didnt take the foot off in the TO game.. We crashed and burned and couldnt stop them from marching down the field twice in the final minutes, nor could we buy a first down.. The should be very alarming

I would bet the farm that Harris could start Friday, but I wouldn't put it past O'Shea to hold him out so as to keep him spry for the Rider games. I do not know if this would  signify that they are conceding the Esk game or if they think that the team can get along without Harris and Nichols.