Week Of: Bombers @ Esks

Noeller

10 hours ago, 17to85 said:

You are working very hard to discredit the best record in the league

Nope. I'm giving the facts and the facts are that the second half of the season is going to be much tougher than the first half was, even without Streveler at QB.

28 minutes ago, BomberfanMKS said:

In a July 12], 2007 game against the Calgary Stampeders, while enjoying a second straight solid start, Bishop fractured his distal radius while being tackled on a run to the Stampeders' one-yard line and was scheduled to miss 6–8 weeks of the season.[9]

The Argonauts went 0–6 with Bishop out of the lineup; however after his return, the Argonauts went 9–1 and finished in first place in the CFL's Eastern Division. He finished the 2007 regular season with 2,920 passing yards, 22 touchdowns and 11 interceptions.

People like to **** on Bishop but 2007 he was looking at 4.6K yards and 35 tds projected.  When he came into the shitshow that was Winnipeg in 2009 I'll agree he didn't play particularly well... but coming in to that offense with no training camp and the team being a complete gongshow... I think he acquitted himself relatively well.

Don't get me wrong - the guy was no hall of famer, but I think he was unfairly maligned as terrible

Yup.. I would rather of have Bishop then all the other QBs since him.   He came into a horrible office and almost dragged the team into the playoffs despite the handled internally **** show

16 minutes ago, 17to85 said:

and the Riders lost to Ottawa who we **** kicked. 

That has no affect on our games.. The comparison is stupid.   With that reasoning, we are horrible because we lost to toronto because even the worst teams have beat them.. If you believe that, then there's no point going forward with this discussion.

There is no argument to be made that the Riders are superior to the Bombers. None. PLUS we aren't using COdy Fajardo as our starting qb. 

Where is anyone saying that the Riders are superior to the Bombers? I dont see anyone saying that.  They are not the garbage fire that toronto is and have been winning games by a fair margin and they are getting alot out of players you and few others said were garbage.   The team we are about to face has a far better chance of beating us now with our injuries and our backup QB. Their Backp QB is playing like a bonafide starter in the league and has been far more consistent then what i or the majority of people thought was possible. 

PLus that game of theirs against Hamilton that they won was a home game if I am not mistaken. There is a big difference between home and road. 

I'm not sold on this idea.  Yes, The crowd can feed them some energy, but if the home time is playing like **** or behind, the crowd is gonna be fairly quiet.

Riders suck until they beat one of the legit western teams. So far their only chance they got an absolute ass kicking. 

Thier Fanbase sucks,  but they have been winning games as of late which is the only really stat that matters.  Regardless of what you think of the team or the fanbase, their team is on an uptrend, where our teams offense has been stagnant for the past 3 games (or more) and we now looking to a backup QB to make things better?  I hope Strevler come in and play at the same or hopefully higher level then Nichols and the offence along drags this teams to wins.  But i'm taking a wait and see approach.

7-2 is a better record then i could hope for and i'm happy where we are.  But if the offence was more productive we could be far more dominant and we could be alot more confident in our chances the rest of the season. 

38 minutes ago, TBURGESS said:

Nope. I'm giving the facts and the facts are that the second half of the season is going to be much tougher than the first half was, even without Streveler at QB.

it always does, the CFL back loads the schedule with divisional games to create excitement leading into the playoffs. Thusfar however, the Bombers have beaten their 2 closest rivals in the west so what's the problem? That they need to do it again? Well yeah, that's how football works. 

22 minutes ago, Adrenaline_x said:

Thier Fanbase sucks,  but they have been winning games as of late which is the only really stat that matters.  Regardless of what you think of the team or the fanbase, their team is on an uptrend, where our teams offense has been stagnant for the past 3 games (or more) and we now looking to a backup QB to make things better?  I hope Strevler come in and play at the same or hopefully higher level then Nichols and the offence along drags this teams to wins.  But i'm taking a wait and see approach.

but trending up only means winning against shitty teams plus Hamilton with the backup qb and no top offensive weapon... 

I know people love to ***** about how the Bombers win, but after how many seasons of winning that way can we please pretend it's all smoke and mirrors when it very clearly isn't? 

Riders had a good stretch in their 10 ply stretch of the season, do we really think that will last when they start to face some tougher defenses? We saw how Fajardo looked against the Stamps defense earlier. 

Just because the Bombers took their foot off the gas in Toronto doesn't mean a lot in the grand scheme of things. 

Possible changes for this week:

OUT: QB Nichols(6), OL Speller(6) , DE Roh, DB Maston,and RB Harris (or maybe game-time decision)

IN: DE McCallister, RB Santiago and either  DB Taylor, DB Wright or DBJanke. 1 American need to sit for Santiago. 

Infirmary is getting crowded fast. 

Edited by M.O.A.B.

4 minutes ago, JuranBoldenRules said:

I don’t think Augustine is going to take on 40% of our offense plus the pass protection Harris is tasked with.  Would not affect the ratio as Augustine is Canadian.

He doesn't need to.  Strevs is going to running on a lot of plays, that would have been Andrew Harris' carries if he was in the game.

3 minutes ago, kelownabomberfan said:

He doesn't need to.  Strevs is going to running on a lot of plays, that would have been Andrew Harris' carries if he was in the game.

Yeah... and exposing him to a possible dangerous hit. 

Edited by M.O.A.B.

7 minutes ago, kelownabomberfan said:

I think you’re underestimating the value Harris brings each and every down, he is the safety valve for the offense in a way Augustine just won’t be. The carries are only a few plays, we’d be lucky if Augustine replaces that, but then there’s 40 other plays in the game.

Edited by JuranBoldenRules