Week Of: Bombers @ Esks

Noeller

QB “wins” is the worst stat in football. There’s no such thing as “all a guys does is win.”  There’s a way to play QB well AND win, rather than play poorly and hope the rest of the team bails you out. So far, that’s what has happened with Nichols. The strength of the rest of the team is vastly underrated. 

Edited by AKAChip

1 hour ago, Arnold_Palmer said:

I actually believe the exact opposite. If Streveler is mediocre and were hovering around 500 we’ll realize how important Nichols really is. The man simply wins football games. 

I'm torn on this...

He has also single handedly lost football games - like last LDC/Banjo

Grant beat Calgary, Nichols threw 170 yards against TO in our loss - he could have won that game at any time..., Whitehead return was the difference in our win against Edmonton... etc etc

If Streveler is mediocre, I think we'll keep rolling with Specials and big play D...

2 hours ago, AKAChip said:

QB “wins” is the worst stat in football. There’s no such thing as “all a guys does in win.”  There’s a way to play QB well AND win, rather than play poorly and hope the rest of the team bails you out. So far, that’s what has happened with Nichols. The strength of the rest of the team is vastly underrated. 

Agreed. Also, the Bombers are about to hit a more difficult stretch in their schedule, so it is reasonable to expect a couple more losses along the way here.

You have to evaluate HOW the QB is playing, not just the result after 60 minutes. Streveler's first three games are at Edm, at Sask for the LDC, and then home for the Banjo Bowl. A much more difficult task than some of the early matchups Nichols had this season.

Ppl pretending our O was responsible for our 7 2 record is mind boggling. We legit avg like 300 yards of O a game. Streveler isnt replacing Matty D who would throw for 300 plus weekly.. Hes replacing Matty N who throws closer to 200 a game. 

We are the most unorthodox 7 2 Team in CFL history... The CFL where ppl routinely throw for 300 plus yards... 1936 yards put up by Nichols.. Zero receivers in the top 10.. 

Im optimistic that Strev might put up some deep passes to a guy like Matthews who im sure is more than ok with that. Guys a legit weapon and is barely being used. 

Edited by Goalie

4 minutes ago, Tracker said:

If the Bombers do well against the Esks with Streveler at the helm, it ought to make the back-to-back against the Riders a whole lot easier.

Have the Riders played and beat a team who had their starting QB play? Reilly maybe. But.. Seriously.. They are severly overrated. Making it more obvious everyday that u are a rider fan. 

Edited by Goalie

The 7-2 is in a large part because we played the 3 worst teams in the league twice each. That accounts for 5 of our wins. We also played Calgary with their backup QB and Hamilton with their backup QB for 3/4's of the game. The only + .500 team we played with their starting QB was Edmonton.

The back 9 doesn't include any teams that are currently below .500 and we will be playing with our backup QB for the next month or two.

18 minutes ago, TBURGESS said:

The 7-2 is in a large part because we played the 3 worst teams in the league twice each. That accounts for 5 of our wins. We also played Calgary with their backup QB and Hamilton with their backup QB for 3/4's of the game. The only + .500 team we played with their starting QB was Edmonton.

The back 9 doesn't include any teams that are currently below .500 and we will be playing with our backup QB for the next month or two.

Good recap and preview? 

Not sure what you're saying here...

Nichols may not have single handedly won any games this year, he sure hasn't done alot to lose games with turnovers on the other hand. 

The Bombers success in the last half of the season will depend heavily on Strev protecting the ball and making teams not stack the box in attempting to stop Harris. 

I see teams blitzing the **** out of us until Strev can prove he can beat it. 

1 hour ago, TBURGESS said:

Every over .500 team has beaten up on the weak teams. Every team but a couple has lost their starting QB. You are working very hard to discredit the best record in the league. If we got questions about our record then so does every other team too.

4 hours ago, AKAChip said:

QB “wins” is the worst stat in football. There’s no such thing as “all a guys does is win.”  There’s a way to play QB well AND win, rather than play poorly and hope the rest of the team bails you out. So far, that’s what has happened with Nichols. The strength of the rest of the team is vastly underrated. 

Reminds me of micheal Bishop going 11-1 back in the day 

2 hours ago, TBURGESS said:

Man you’re such a downer ha 

Edmonton's only wins are against 'the three worst teams in the league' and three quarters of Anthony Pipkin Als... then they lost to VAJ...  and lost to Calgary's backup... but they're not smoke and mirrors right?  

Sask is playing their backup and three of their five wins are against 'the worst teams' and Hamilton's backup... but they're an 'above .500' team to worry about 

Of the remaining +.500 teams left, four of them are starting their backups - so when we beat Calgary its no big deal because Arbuckle was in but now we have to worry about Calgary because our backup is starting...  so confusing

Edited by Floyd

30 minutes ago, 17to85 said:

Every over .500 team has beaten up on the weak teams. Every team but a couple has lost their starting QB. You are working very hard to discredit the best record in the league. If we got questions about our record then so does every other team too.

Whoaaaaaa, easy with that there logic, cowboy. We don’t want none of that ‘round these parts!

2 hours ago, Dodge and Burn said:

Good recap and preview? 

Not sure what you're saying here...

Nichols may not have single handedly won any games this year, he sure hasn't done alot to lose games with turnovers on the other hand. 

The Bombers success in the last half of the season will depend heavily on Strev protecting the ball and making teams not stack the box in attempting to stop Harris. 

I see teams blitzing the **** out of us until Strev can prove he can beat it. 

crazy talk, right? lol...  you'd think the way that TBurguss was talking that Nichols took an undefeated team into a game where they lost their starting QB and was replaced by a guy that few knew and had thrown as many INTs as he had TDs in his career, wasn't able to move his team or get in the endzone for 3/4 of a game and then Nichols would go on to throw 3 INTs in a losing effort... oh wait... nevermind...  move along, nothing to see here...

Edited by 66 Chevelle

8 hours ago, TBURGESS said:

Sure beats the majority of the last 20 years where we tend to lose games to the bad teams.  I'm ok with the concept of we're winning games against teams we're better than.

9 hours ago, 17to85 said:

its litterally the same argument you use to say sask is a horrible team despite their record, when the majority of our wins came against horrible teams or teams without their starting qb.

So which is it?  Sask is horrible because they only beat shitty teams or teams without their starting QB, or they/we are good because we have done the same?  i don't get your logic, perhaps because their isn't any. 

6 minutes ago, Adrenaline_x said:

its litterally the same argument you use to say sask is a horrible team despite their record, when the majority of our wins came against horrible teams or teams without their starting qb.

So which is it?  Sask is horrible because they only beat shitty teams or teams without their starting QB, or they/we are good because we have done the same?  i don't get your logic, perhaps because their isn't any. 

And it's the same argument you (et al) use to attack the Bombers. Win - luck. Lose - deserve to because of Nichols. 

30 minutes ago, JCon said:

And it's the same argument you (et al) use to attack the Bombers. Win - luck. Lose - deserve to because of Nichols. 

giphy.gif

where have i attacked the bombers? I think Nichols is underrated by most and plays a bigger role then most give him credit for in the wins.   We will find out with strevler whether is qb play or play calling shortly.. We have won games because all three facets of the team are great and earning wins as a team. 

Edit: Maybe you see my avatar and it just makes you angry?

Edited by Adrenaline_x
jcon hates mike kelly and the jet package.

9 hours ago, CodyT said:

Reminds me of micheal Bishop going 11-1 back in the day 

In a July 12], 2007 game against the Calgary Stampeders, while enjoying a second straight solid start, Bishop fractured his distal radius while being tackled on a run to the Stampeders' one-yard line and was scheduled to miss 6–8 weeks of the season.[9]

The Argonauts went 0–6 with Bishop out of the lineup; however after his return, the Argonauts went 9–1 and finished in first place in the CFL's Eastern Division. He finished the 2007 regular season with 2,920 passing yards, 22 touchdowns and 11 interceptions.

People like to **** on Bishop but 2007 he was looking at 4.6K yards and 35 tds projected.  When he came into the shitshow that was Winnipeg in 2009 I'll agree he didn't play particularly well... but coming in to that offense with no training camp and the team being a complete gongshow... I think he acquitted himself relatively well.

Don't get me wrong - the guy was no hall of famer, but I think he was unfairly maligned as terrible

2 minutes ago, Adrenaline_x said:

giphy.gif

where have i attacked the bombers? I think Nichols is underrated by most and plays a bigger role then most give him credit for in the wins.   We will find out with strevler whether is qb play or play calling shortly.. We have won games because all three facets of the team are great and earning wins as a team. 

Edit: Maybe you see my avatar and it just makes you angry?

Fair enough. I retract my statement without prejudice. 

And I do feel triggered by your avatar. 

Edited by JCon
Mike Kelly and his likeness should be banned from MBB.

54 minutes ago, Adrenaline_x said:

At least we've beaten Edmonton and Calgary. Backup qb or not, that same Riders team got **** kicked by that stamps team with Arbuckle. 

The Bombers gassed a road trip in Southern Ontario but have beaten everyone else they've played, the Riders meanwhile won against the worst teams in the league and Hamilton the week after they lost their starting qb (and I think their best player Banks was also out) 

If you can't see the difference you're as blind as Rider fans. 

1 minute ago, 17to85 said:

At least we've beaten Edmonton and Calgary. Backup qb or not, that same Riders team got **** kicked by that stamps team with Arbuckle. 

The Bombers gassed a road trip in Southern Ontario but have beaten everyone else they've played, the Riders meanwhile won against the worst teams in the league and Hamilton the week after they lost their starting qb (and I think their best player Banks was also out) 

If you can't see the difference you're as blind as Rider fans. 

Well.. we beat the stamps because of two kick returns for touchdowns.    While thats amazing. its unlikely that will happen again.. We didnt beat the stamps with our offence and the defence held their own. You can also argue that with arbuckle being so inexperienced is going to have ups and downs. 

The bomber lost to a backup QB in hamilton and the defence let TO back in the game and couldn't stop a drive to save their life, and the Offence couldnt get a first down for a win against A ******* WINLESS TEAM THAT IS A JOKE.   I think that carries more weight. 

The riders beat the worst teams in the league and we got beat by one. 

You can underestimate the riders all you want but i really really hope our team isnt as fooled as you are and plan hard to shutdown the riders that are doing far better with Fjardo then i or anything thought they could.  The team is only as good as their record and they are showing that they are not the garbage fire you and alot of people thought they were.  I wish they were a garbage fire as i dislike the fanbase, but you have to accept that they are a much better team then anyone thought. 

i'm happy with our record but we should be 8-1 but **** happens. 

3 minutes ago, Adrenaline_x said:

Well.. we beat the stamps because of two kick returns for touchdowns.    While thats amazing. its unlikely that will happen again.. We didnt beat the stamps with our offence and the defence held their own. You can also argue that with arbuckle being so inexperienced is going to have ups and downs. 

The bomber lost to a backup QB in hamilton and the defence let TO back in the game and couldn't stop a drive to save their life, and the Offence couldnt get a first down for a win against A ******* WINLESS TEAM THAT IS A JOKE.   I think that carries more weight. 

The riders beat the worst teams in the league and we got beat by one. 

You can underestimate the riders all you want but i really really hope our team isnt as fooled as you are and plan hard to shutdown the riders that are doing far better with Fjardo then i or anything thought they could.  The team is only as good as their record and they are showing that they are not the garbage fire you and alot of people thought they were.  I wish they were a garbage fire as i dislike the fanbase, but you have to accept that they are a much better team then anyone thought. 

i'm happy with our record but we should be 8-1 but **** happens. 

and the Riders lost to Ottawa who we **** kicked. 

There is no argument to be made that the Riders are superior to the Bombers. None. PLUS we aren't using COdy Fajardo as our starting qb. 

PLus that game of theirs against Hamilton that they won was a home game if I am not mistaken. There is a big difference between home and road. 

Riders suck until they beat one of the legit western teams. So far their only chance they got an absolute ass kicking.