Week Of: Bombers @ Esks

Noeller

ha ha I need to be talked off a ledge, but as much of a fan of Streveler as I am (seriously...) I just think he's going to have a world of trouble this week. Interceptions galore....D is going to do their part to keep things close, but the offense is gonna have a world of trouble, and people are going to realize how important Matt Nichols is. I dunno...just a gut feeling. I really want Streveler do do well, but I'm not sure the guy will be able to do it.

And I believe that even if Streveler is mediocre, which is very possible, over the next six weeks we will realize how unimportant Matt Nichols is. I fully expect to lose to Edmonton, but I would have expected a loss in this game if Nichols were playing as well. I just hope we don’t jump to conclusions based on this one game. 

2 minutes ago, AKAChip said:

And I believe that even if Streveler is mediocre, which is very possible, over the next six weeks we will realize how unimportant Matt Nichols is. I fully expect to lose to Edmonton, but I would have expected a loss in this game if Nichols were playing as well. I just hope we don’t jump to conclusions based on this one game. 

yet after 5 games with offensive domination, we had a couple rough outings offensively, and everyone jumped all over Nichols........

Sample size with Nichols being bad is much larger than Streveler being bad. He was terrible for the majority of last season and  half of this season. It has been proven time and time again that the QB for this team needs to be merely average in order to win and that should be an achievable goal for Streveler regardless of the outcome this week. If he wins in Edmonton, I consider it a bonus. 

Edited by AKAChip

59 minutes ago, Noeller said:

yet after 5 games with offensive domination, we had a couple rough outings offensively, and everyone jumped all over Nichols........

Sts domination. And the offense converting from the oppositions side of the field. But still playing a half of football. 

Great teams beat adversity. This is a tough early test to see how great this team will be. Im hopefull. 

I'm less concerned with Streveler turning the ball over and more concerned about an ultra-conservative game plan.

Streveler did not turn the ball over much last season when he started.  The games he struggled were checkdown city.  That's a philosophical issue with our offense no matter who our QB is.

Our D and special teams are directly scoring almost a third of our points this season, so we have that to fall back on too.  We've needed scores from them to win against the better teams we've beat.

40 minutes ago, JuranBoldenRules said:

I'm less concerned with Streveler turning the ball over and more concerned about an ultra-conservative game plan.

Streveler did not turn the ball over much last season when he started.  The games he struggled were checkdown city.  That's a philosophical issue with our offense no matter who our QB is.

Our D and special teams are directly scoring almost a third of our points this season, so we have that to fall back on too.  We've needed scores from them to win against the better teams we've beat.

I feel like he's turned it over this year when he's played and I also remember that after TC, we were saying how both Bennett and McGuire outplayed him for the #2. Now, I'm cheering hard for Streveler, and I'd love that he use these next several games to stake his claim to the #1 job and never give it back. Having said that, I just don't feel like he's gonna do it. Prove me wrong, Strevelation.....

14 minutes ago, Noeller said:

we were saying how both Bennett and McGuire outplayed him for the #2. Now, I'm cheering hard for Streveler, and I'd love that he use these next several games to stake his claim to the #1 job and never give it back. Having said that, I just don't feel like he's gonna do it. Prove me wrong, Strevelation.....

I think McGuire outplayed Streveler in pre-season.

2 hours ago, AKAChip said:

I actually believe the exact opposite. If Streveler is mediocre and were hovering around 500 we’ll realize how important Nichols really is. The man simply wins football games. 

3 minutes ago, Arnold_Palmer said:

I actually believe the exact opposite. If Streveler is mediocre and were hovering around 500 we’ll realize how important Nichols really is. The man simply wins football games. 

This concept is truly insane. If that is the end result, it will have everything to do with the cupcake schedule the Bombers had through nine weeks. 

Edited by AKAChip

3 minutes ago, Arnold_Palmer said:

zaaaaaacklyyyyyy......