Jump to content
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
Noeller

Nichols Injury

Recommended Posts

I'd take Franklin over Bridge any day of the week and twice on game day.

We really don't need another 2nd rounder unless we lose some NI's in the off season, so I'd be happy to offer a 3rd and settle for a 2nd.

Franklin wouldn't be pushing for starting time in the first few weeks anyway, so no QB controversy in the near future.

I'd be more comfortable at the end of the season if we only lost 1 of Nichols, Streveler or Franklin.

All that being said... I doubt Toronto makes the trade anyway.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, Brandon said:

If Nichols is coming back then why bother trade for Franklin?  Who you going to cut when Nichols is healthy?

At the rate Nichols injuries are adding up..... management was probably all ready working on this scenario before his latest injury 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, NorthernSkunk said:

At the rate Nichols injuries are adding up..... management was probably all ready working on this scenario before his latest injury 

For all of Nichols' accomplishments, all the team has to show, but if this year results for his time here is...one playoff win. Before you succumb to apoplexy, this is obviously not all his fault, but if at the end of the season, all the team has to show for it is just one more playoff win, a shakeup has to be considered. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, M.Silverback said:

Thoughts?

https://3downnation.com/2019/08/21/the-blue-bombers-should-trade-for-argos-qb-james-franklin/

I wouldn't do it unless we're talking about a 4th round pick or later. Not a second round pick. We got Nichols for a seventh round pick. 

Wish I thought of that 😛 

Id be willing to give a second rounder, if he wasnt a pending FA and was on a reasonable contract. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, TBURGESS said:

I'd take Franklin over Bridge any day of the week and twice on game day.

We really don't need another 2nd rounder unless we lose some NI's in the off season, so I'd be happy to offer a 3rd and settle for a 2nd.

Franklin wouldn't be pushing for starting time in the first few weeks anyway, so no QB controversy in the near future.

I'd be more comfortable at the end of the season if we only lost 1 of Nichols, Streveler or Franklin.

All that being said... I doubt Toronto makes the trade anyway.

What do you like about Franklin?  He seems like a turnover machine to me and a double clutcher...

honest question

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Floyd said:

What do you like about Franklin?  He seems like a turnover machine to me and a double clutcher...

honest question

I think Franklin's still got some upside. He's played one more game than Bridge, has 1400+ more yards passing, 8 more TD's and 5 more picks. Franklin's thrown for 3900+ yards in the CFL and has 21 TD's to 13 Int's, so I wouldn't call him a turn over machine. All but 1 of those picks are in the Toronto offence.

To me the double clutching comes from not seeing what he expected to see or the receiver not being open.

Franklin looked good in Edmonton's offence. Maybe's Toronto's offence is the wrong fit for his skill set or he hasn't fully grasped it yet. In either case, he'll likely get at least 1 more shot because he's had CFL success even after other teams got 'film' on him.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, TBURGESS said:

I think Franklin's still got some upside. He's played one more game than Bridge, has 1400+ more yards passing, 8 more TD's and 5 more picks. Franklin's thrown for 3900+ yards in the CFL and has 21 TD's to 13 Int's, so I wouldn't call him a turn over machine. All but 1 of those picks are in the Toronto offence.

To me the double clutching comes from not seeing what he expected to see or the receiver not being open.

Franklin looked good in Edmonton's offence. Maybe's Toronto's offence is the wrong fit for his skill set or he hasn't fully grasped it yet. In either case, he'll likely get at least 1 more shot because he's had CFL success even after other teams got 'film' on him.

I see several problems with a trade for Franklin, if it comes to that. Firstly, it would leave the Argos without any credible backup to Bethel-Thompson. Secondly, he would not come cheap and it has been very evident that Walters treasures his draft picks and has done well with them. Thirdly, it would be a clear signal that the Bomber brain trust has no confidence in either Streveler or McGuire, and that would be a Bad Thing. Fourthly, since leaving the Esks, Franklin has shown very little. So-  a hard no.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, TBURGESS said:

I think Franklin's still got some upside. He's played one more game than Bridge, has 1400+ more yards passing, 8 more TD's and 5 more picks. Franklin's thrown for 3900+ yards in the CFL and has 21 TD's to 13 Int's, so I wouldn't call him a turn over machine. All but 1 of those picks are in the Toronto offence.

To me the double clutching comes from not seeing what he expected to see or the receiver not being open.

Franklin looked good in Edmonton's offence. Maybe's Toronto's offence is the wrong fit for his skill set or he hasn't fully grasped it yet. In either case, he'll likely get at least 1 more shot because he's had CFL success even after other teams got 'film' on him.

Not to worry, if the Bombers sign him, you'll become the "what the hell were they thinking ,signing this bum" club president.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, WBBFanWest said:

Not to worry, if the Bombers sign him, you'll become the "what the hell were they thinking ,signing this bum" club president.

Floyd asked a simple question.. why I like Franklin over Bridge. I answered. You and 17 made up stuff then whined about it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Franklin was one of the hottest commodities when he was still with Edmonton. The guy looked legitimately like a world beater. I don't think that just disappeared into thin air. There's a really really good football player in there somewhere. To me, it's worth a chance at redemption for a 3rd round pick...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, TBURGESS said:

I think Franklin's still got some upside. He's played one more game than Bridge, has 1400+ more yards passing, 8 more TD's and 5 more picks. Franklin's thrown for 3900+ yards in the CFL and has 21 TD's to 13 Int's, so I wouldn't call him a turn over machine. All but 1 of those picks are in the Toronto offence.

To me the double clutching comes from not seeing what he expected to see or the receiver not being open.

Franklin looked good in Edmonton's offence. Maybe's Toronto's offence is the wrong fit for his skill set or he hasn't fully grasped it yet. In either case, he'll likely get at least 1 more shot because he's had CFL success even after other teams got 'film' on him.

No he hasn't. He had success in EDM, when they had a grey cup calibre team. Outside of that he's looked mediocre at best. This is also the second system he's been a part of in TO with similar results. I'm not Sayig Bridge is any better. I just don't get the trade idea for a guy who is showing everyone he doesn't have what it takes.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
30 minutes ago, Bigblue204 said:

No he hasn't. He had success in EDM, when they had a grey cup calibre team. Outside of that he's looked mediocre at best. This is also the second system he's been a part of in TO with similar results. I'm not Sayig Bridge is any better. I just don't get the trade idea for a guy who is showing everyone he doesn't have what it takes.

Bridge has kinda shown the same, but he has played a bit more and a helluva lot cheaper. It may come down to who is more coachable.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Tracker said:

Bridge has kinda shown the same, but he has played a bit more and a helluva lot cheaper. It may come down to who is more coachable.

Or who is free...I'd be fine signing Franklin if/when he gets cut from TO. But I wouldn't trade anything outside of a 7th rounder for him.

Edited by Bigblue204

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

×
×
  • Create New...