Nichols Injury

Noeller

2 hours ago, Noeller said:

they want to see how Streveler looks in his first game.....if it's a tire fire, they'll have someone in town by Sunday at the latest.

Since when...  Osh gives guys more than one game to show something.  Comments like this are why we've never developed a QB

Friday's game won't affect Walters scouting/plans one bit.

13 minutes ago, Floyd said:

Since when...  Osh gives guys more than one game to show something.  Comments like this are why we've never developed a QB

Friday's game won't affect Walters scouting/plans one bit.

100%. Its about leverage and not over paying. Every penny we pinch could come up huge after nfl cuts go out. 

2 hours ago, blueingreenland said:

Yeah, it would take most nfl guys 2-3 yrs to play up to level here....some would never adjust. 

It all depends on the qb. Most qbs are far more pro ready now then they used to be. Plus more ncaa and nfl teams are running schemes similar to what we do up here. 

Weve seen this year lots of guys go from zero to winning starter. Its all about the player and how pro ready they are. 

3 hours ago, Noeller said:

they want to see how Streveler looks in his first game.....if it's a tire fire, they'll have someone in town by Sunday at the latest.

Lol. Sure. Hamilton signed Watford when Masoli went down.. This QB ppl think will be brought in doesn't exist. A 3rd QB will be brought in but im guessing hes more Watford than Glenn. 

Whom ever the bomber sign as QB he will never see the field. Streveler can throw and he can certainly run. Patience will be a key for him. McGuire can play as well. I like his ability to throw as well perhaps a little better than Streveler and he can also run. My concern is two fold: will Lapo become too predictable a just try to run, on which case we will go nowhere and the other is how many reps will they both receive before game day. I dare say McGiver has had very few to date so he needs a lot of reps as does Streveler. IF our coaches can coach these guys we will be fine

11 hours ago, Goalie said:

Lol. Sure. Hamilton signed Watford when Masoli went down.. This QB ppl think will be brought in doesn't exist. A 3rd QB will be brought in but im guessing hes more Watford than Glenn. 

Well the ticats knew Masoli was gone for the year, Nichols is expected back before too long. That's a big difference. I don't buy they're waiting to see how Streveler does, they'll bring someone in regardless, just less rush knowing that they should be able to run with Streveler until Nichols is healthy. 

People assume I meant that they'll bring in a potential starter if Streveler falters.....not what I meant at all. I just don't think they're in a rush to bring in a #3 at all, but the rush will be on if things don't look good on Friday....in the meantime, I think they're happy with 2 guys.

9 minutes ago, Noeller said:

People assume I meant that they'll bring in a potential starter if Streveler falters.....not what I meant at all. I just don't think they're in a rush to bring in a #3 at all, but the rush will be on if things don't look good on Friday....in the meantime, I think they're happy with 2 guys.

Exactly, there's no rush. Lots of NFL teams go with two QB's on the roster, one on the PR, or sometimes none on the PR. They realize that if you need to go to your number 3 guy, you're done. There's no one out there in the football universe that the Bombers can sign as a number 3 right now that could salvage a season for us, or even beat out Streveler or Show Me The Money McGuire. And why do they need another veteran presence in the QB room? Nichols is that. 

3 minutes ago, M.Silverback said:

Thoughts?

https://3downnation.com/2019/08/21/the-blue-bombers-should-trade-for-argos-qb-james-franklin/

I wouldn't do it unless we're talking about a 4 round pick or later. Not a second round pick. We got Nichols for a seventh round pick. 

that's really interesting.....I wouldn't go 2nd Round, but I might do 3rd. Let's see how Streveler looks this week and go from there.

3 hours ago, 17to85 said:

Well the ticats knew Masoli was gone for the year, Nichols is expected back before too long. That's a big difference. I don't buy they're waiting to see how Streveler does, they'll bring someone in regardless, just less rush knowing that they should be able to run with Streveler until Nichols is healthy. 

What’s holding them back? The fact at this point in time there is no viable solution with any real level of experience. They know Toronto is going to be forced to either release a QB or 6 game someone again....

There is always a project QB on the practice roster by early September.  But that is just to see if they are worth bringing to training camp next year.  That will still happen.  They need to bring a QB with real CFL experience in case they need someone to play this year.  There is no need for that guy to be here before they hit the practice field next week.  That person may already be signed for all we know.

24 minutes ago, Bigblue204 said:

Franklin coming here would be 1) a complete waste of time as he hasn't shown that he can be better then Streveler, and I don't think he can be better than him honestly. And b) a distraction, creating a QB controversy even when Nichols returns. Of course Hodge wrote this complete pile of crap.

But we're running out of guys who's names we recognize...

24 minutes ago, Bigblue204 said:

I would give up a half full bag of balls for Franklin and that's about it. Guy is a bust.

He hasn't looked good in Toronto but he was better than a lot of guys when he was in Edmonton. I'd absolutely take a chance on him. As mentioned in the article, a change of scenery might be all he needs...

Franklin might be a good pickup, but we wouldn't be playing him unless Strevler was hurt and McQuire, who has had half a season to learn the offence and beat out Bennet showed really poorly.

Risky running with 2 QBs only when 7 of 8 starters are out of have been injured this year.  

If strevler is injured and out for any amount of time, a weeks delays could really hamper a new player from getting up to speed.