Nichols Injury

Noeller

40 minutes ago, Brandon said:

On 1290 this morning Troy and Bauming brought up Darian Durant as an option and eventually Bauming said  "He hasn't played in a few years" and made it seem like that was the primary reason on why they wouldn't go with him.   Eventually they mentioned the signing bonus + retirement.     

Durant can certainly come here.

If he coughs up 70K first....

2 hours ago, bearpants said:

People forget that Drew "Pre-relentless and repeated beatings" Willy was a pretty good QB... I just don't think he'll ever be back to that point...

Yeah. That's the thing. Willy has not had a good oline in front of him since his first year in WPG.

Edited by FrostyWinnipeg

Drew Willy being a Bomber was before me being a fan so I've only heard the horror stories about him...  but I'll say this, if he wasn't 'broken' before he got to Montreal he sure as hell was by the time he left there... I bet the guy still hears the sound of d linemen chasing him down when he's pumping gas...  poor guy... 

Edited by 66 Chevelle

I really liked Drew Willy in Sask and was legitimately excited when we brought him in. He started out great, but as mentioned, took repeated beatings and that took a toll on him. He was never the same. As a clipboard caddy and room guy, I'd absolutely take him back again...

28 minutes ago, Noeller said:

I really liked Drew Willy in Sask and was legitimately excited when we brought him in. He started out great, but as mentioned, took repeated beatings and that took a toll on him. He was never the same. As a clipboard caddy and room guy, I'd absolutely take him back again...

As an unpaid intern... 

17 minutes ago, DR. CFL said:

They keep investing in this guy....do you wonder why Sask gave up on him and let him go? Band Aid.

Got em for peanuts. Good guy as a 6th man. Great team guy. Average guard, awful tackle. Seen him whiff and get monstered way too many times. 

34 minutes ago, wbbfan said:

Got em for peanuts. Good guy as a 6th man. Great team guy. Average guard, awful tackle. Seen him whiff and get monstered way too many times. 

Peanut shells and the cost was too high. How many games has he played. You can’t bank on a guy being 6 th man. The 6 th man is one play away from being a starter. Durability is critical on the o line when there is one back up.

1 minute ago, DR. CFL said:

Peanut shells and the cost was too high. How many games has he played. You can’t bank on a guy being 6 th man. The 6 th man is one play away from being a starter. Durability is critical on the o line when there is one back up.

so playing for full seasons in 2017 and 2018 account for nothing?  Ok, then...

4 minutes ago, Noeller said:

People who complain about Pat Neufeld should just wear a sign that says "I really don't know what I'm talking about, but I'm gonna yell about it anyhow" around their neck....

shouldn't that be a prerequisite for logging in to this site in the first place?  :)

3 minutes ago, kelownabomberfan said:

shouldn't that be a prerequisite for logging in to this site in the first place?  :)

...lots of people who freely admit they don't know anything, and don't yell about those things.....(thankfully)...

2 hours ago, Noeller said:

He is the poster boy for "How to Ruin a QB".

Just now, MC said:

I would have no problem with bringing in Bridge for a look as a number 3.  The guy has won games in this league and he could pull one out coming off the bench down the stretch. 

Better then some of the options being bandied about, but not top of the list. Would be a solid/safe pick up.