Nichols Injury

Noeller

That Glenn news likely means Nichols is out long term.

Sucks for both him and the team. Nobody wants to see someone's career change like that.

I prefer to look on the bright side that at least now the Bombers know you have to do everything possible to see Streveler succeed. This isn't a one or two game thing - give him the keys to the kingdom and see if he can thrive. 

One way or the other the Bombers are going to know what their QB situation will look like in the future. 

1 minute ago, Mark F said:

Not showing much confidence in Streveller.

This bugs me.

Calgary puts their backup in. Why bother having one.

Holy over reaction batman! 

It's not about bringing in Glenn to replace Streveler. It's about bringing in a veteran as a backup cause let's be honest the way Streveler runs he could very well get hurt too and then you're left with just a rookie quarterback. 

There is no way that anyone other than Streveler was going to be the next man up for this team at quarterback. 

I called it in the pre-season, that Streveler would be the starter by Mid-August.  Just didnt think this would be how it would happen.  As much of a team guy as Nichols is, it's going to be hard for him to hang around and play mentor in this situation. 

With the receiving corps weve got, I have no doubt that Streveler will find some success.  Hes already got chemistry with Wolitarsky.  Give him a few weeks with the full crew, and I think this offence is going to thrive.  Will it happen on Friday?  Quite possibly not.  But the timing of this injury is a blessing in disguise because there's still half the season to go!  I don't think theres reason for doom & gloom.  Give these guys the chance to see what they can do!  At the end of the day, what were trying to replace production wise was give or take 200 yards passing per game.  I have to think that not only achievable but surpassable very quickly!

17 minutes ago, B-F-F-C said:

I think I’m starting to believe noeller  that there is a curse. We must make a sacrifice to the football gods.   

Anyone have a goat or skunk 😜

I can think of a few posters here I'd be willing to sacrifice to the football gods..

How about Ripper (or any other Rider fan)? 

The way I’m reading it is that Nichols won’t be back at least for 5 or 6 week however for Glenn to turn it down it was likely a situation where he knew Nichols would be back and Glenn wouldn’t have the chance to lead the team.  Either that or his job would have just been insurance in case Streveler gets injured. 

15 minutes ago, Colin Unger said:

The way I’m reading it is that Nichols won’t be back at least for 5 or 6 week however for Glenn to turn it down it was likely a situation where he knew Nichols would be back and Glenn wouldn’t have the chance to lead the team.  Either that or his job would have just been insurance in case Streveler gets injured. 

Well there is the crazy thought that he might want to spend time with his family ha...

1 minute ago, Atomic said:

This team is good enough all around to still win with an average QB. As long as Streveler and/or McGuire can play up to that level, I'm not worried at all. And after seeing guys like Arbuckle and Fajardo succeeding I can't see any reason why our guys can't do the same.

I totally agree. Our guys have to be at least as good as Fajardo and playing on a much better overall team. 

This team still battles for 1st place all the way to the end of the season. 

2 hours ago, Throw Long Bannatyne said:

We should be happy if the offence manages to carry on 'as is" without skipping a beat, that would be close to an ideal solution as I can imagine. 

Some posters seem to think the team can just carry on winning  without establishing a reasonable passing game, based on Streveler's great running ability plus the contributions of Harris, nothing could be easier to defend or be more unlikely to succeed.  Without a serious passing threat the opposition D will end up crowding the box and just waiting for Stev. or Harris to step into it before pounding on them.   Strev. is a beast, but even his youthful vitality is not going to be able to sustain the level of punishment his body would accumulate over an entire game if he doesn't have the patience to rely on the brief protection the pocket offers and feed his receivers. 

But if Lapo is as smart as he is claimed to be..then he will add misdirection..lots of motion pre snap to see what the defense does..if they choose to just stay in the box to snuff Harris and Streveler draws.. then they will get roasted with bootlegs... Outside swing/screen passes to a speedster like Whitehead or Demski...and a lot of one on ones with Matthew's and Lawler (tho he might be out in think with lower body injury..Hello Bailey) and I like our odds there against the schmoe secondary and Hoover who blows.

They react and spread the defense out to cover the motion..like they should then there will be the usual outlets to use..

We need to run tempo tho throughout game..or to start game...Strevler excels in this and it will eff up the Scmoe gameplan right outta the gate