Nichols Injury

Noeller

21 minutes ago, SpeedFlex27 said:

IF??Now he's faking injury?  You really should join Rider Fans as I don't think you're much of a Bomber fan. You'd fit in well with the hordes at that place.

I say "if" because I have heard nothing from the organization.  I don't know if, or how much he is hurt or not.  

Edited by NorthernSkunk
Missed a word

1 hour ago, SpeedFlex27 said:

IF??Now he's faking injury?  You really should join Rider Fans as I don't think you're much of a Bomber fan. You'd fit in well with the hordes at that place.

Who knows anymore. Not tough one minute, faking injury the next, and an incredible ability to read the coaches face. Watching less than two games does that to a guy. Danger. 

Edited by Rod Black

1 hour ago, 17to85 said:

Bullshit, he can make every throw he needs to. Yeah his mechanics are wonky but the guy can make the throws. The question about streveler is can he make the right decisions. 

Making decisions as a QB is fundamental, making the body do what it has to do to make those decisions a completed pass are different.  He cant make every pass in the tree at the pro level. At least to this point.  

What im saying is, he may make the right reads on given plays, but he does not have the goods to complete passes  on a regular basis to be successful.  Point being , last game, the roll out left pass to lucky where he looked liked an interpretive dancer. 

Edited by Dodge and Burn

25 minutes ago, Dodge and Burn said:

Making decisions as a QB is fundamental, making the body do what it has to do to make those decisions a completed pass are different.  He cant make every pass in the tree at the pro level. At least to this point.  

What im saying is, he may make the right reads on given plays, but he does not have the goods to complete passes  on a regular basis to be successful.  Point being , last game, the roll out left pass to lucky where he looked liked an interpretive dancer. 

The guy had no warm up and the adrenaline was probably pumping,  if your ready to write Streveler off based on such a small sample size , i am glad your just a fan....

1 hour ago, NorthernSkunk said:

I say "if" because I have heard nothing from the organization.  I don't know if, or how much he is hurt or not.  

Guy gets squashed by Lemon. Injures his right arm & shoulder. And you question if he's hurt? You are saying he's a bad actor. That maybe he's faking injury. That maybe he has no moral character. Then somehow you brought his parents into this for some unknown reason. I'm holding back here telling you what I really think. You have a real hate for Nichols. .

Edited by SpeedFlex27

4 hours ago, Dodge and Burn said:

Just wait and see for yourself....

and that appears to be all we can do.....IF Nichols misses time it will be Strev. time. I stand by my opinion that the way this offence is designed he probably not be  as effecient as Nichols, but he will run it just fine.  Your opinion differs and that's cool you explained why you think he will struggle, and now as you said we must just wait and see.

7 hours ago, Dodge and Burn said:

Yeah but no qb in that situation can make a proper throw. That's nothing to do with mechanics, just the situation.

I agree that he doesn't have the best mechanics and that makes his job harder, but I completely disagree that it prevents him from making the throws. He can arm punt the ball around the field just fine.

16 hours ago, Dodge and Burn said:

If Nichols passes say around 225-250 ypg in this offense. 

Im preparing to see that drop by an average of 75-100 ypg with Strev in there. 

I dont see him being able to consistently complete passes yet. 

First off, I hope Nichols is OK.  But with Streveler we need to look at total yards generated by the QB because he brings an athletic dimension that Nichols does not have.

Just look at games where Streveler was the starting QB as opposed to relief duty.  In his first three starts for us as a raw rookie last year Streveler completed 54 passes in 86 attempts for 570 yards. He also ran 22 times for 183 yards.

Combined that's +250 per game.

Edited by Doublezero

32 minutes ago, WBBFanWest said:

This guy is our Migs.  Posts crao like this  and then doubles down on it until the pot is throughly stirred.  

One trick pony, I would say he's the new road griller.  He's not worth responding to, and should be turfed. He contributes nothing.

31 minutes ago, Doublezero said:

Just look at games where Streveler was the starting QB as opposed to relief duty. 

There are several youtube videos of Streveller that clearly show that he can pass. There may be an ideal throwing motion, but it seems unlikely that there's only one that works.

If Matt is out Streveller will do fine. I agree, the team is good enough now to deal with this.

Hope common sense prevails, and Nichols doesn't play when he shouldn't as did Drew Willy.

Edited by Mark F

If, in fact, Nichols is unable to answer the bell or is held out as a precaution, and the offence looks the same and as bad under Streveler as it did before, that would be proof that whatever is wrong with the offence lies at the feet of LaPolice. The strange thing is that LaPolice is praised by all and sundry in the CFL. If the offence blossoms under Streveler, that would indicate that the limiting factor has been Nichols.

9 hours ago, Dodge and Burn said:

That's just completely wrong.

2 minutes ago, TBURGESS said:

FWIW:

Bob Irving @BobIrvingCJOB· 14h
Chris Streveler, who will be quarterbacking the Bombers for a while, was 1-3 in 4 starts for the Bombers last year but he threw 8 td passes and only 2 interceptions. What a challenging start he’ll have in Ed. Vs the ferocious Eskimo defence next Friday.

Ya based on Irving's tweets since the game, I feel like he knows stuff he's not allowed to say. It's gonna be a long term one for Nichols... 

41 minutes ago, Tracker said:

If, in fact, Nichols is unable to answer the bell or is held out as a precaution, and the offence looks the same and as bad under Streveler as it did before, that would be proof that whatever is wrong with the offence lies at the feet of LaPolice. The strange thing is that LaPolice is praised by all and sundry in the CFL. If the offence blossoms under Streveler, that would indicate that the limiting factor has been Nichols.

We should be happy if the offence manages to carry on 'as is" without skipping a beat, that would be close to an ideal solution as I can imagine. 

Some posters seem to think the team can just carry on winning  without establishing a reasonable passing game, based on Streveler's great running ability plus the contributions of Harris, nothing could be easier to defend or be more unlikely to succeed.  Without a serious passing threat the opposition D will end up crowding the box and just waiting for Stev. or Harris to step into it before pounding on them.   Strev. is a beast, but even his youthful vitality is not going to be able to sustain the level of punishment his body would accumulate over an entire game if he doesn't have the patience to rely on the brief protection the pocket offers and feed his receivers.