Nichols Injury

Noeller

1 hour ago, Captain Blue said:

Nichols' averages 215 yards/game currently, and a lot of that is based off short throwing. If Streveler can't replace that, then he isn't the QB we hoped for.  I think we should still be cautiously optimistic. We have all had complaints about a Nichols-led offense.

What changes things for me was losing Nichols to injury eliminates him as a back up. Streveler getting a shot at starter may turn out to be a good thing, but it would have been nice to have Nichols as the security blanket. Now we're one hit away from McGuire. Hopefully we can stop designed runs for Streveler up the middle of the field.

Exactly. Its the chance every backup QB wants. Here is your chance to prove you can be the THE guy. This team is good enough where he doesn't have to throw the ball all over the field and put the team on his back. Just don't do dumb s*** and turn the ball over. The problem is Streveler is a gun slinger and is prone to forcing things and trying to make the big splash play when its not there. That will be Lapo and O'Shea's number 1 task, reeling in Streveler and trying to turn him into a game manager. He's a fiery guy, itll be like trying to break in a stallion. Whoaaaaa there boy, easy now, while he's snorting all over the field. Itll be interesting to see how this plays out.

Edited by Bubba Zanetti

30 minutes ago, Colin Unger said:

Winnipeg finally surpasses Calgary and we are gonna panic? 

Yah, that falls under Nichols.  Do you think they hold onto first place under Streveler?  Better pray BLM  is out longer than Nichols, and Trevor Harris is the next to fall off the teeter-totter.

Edited by Throw Long Bannatyne

21 minutes ago, Throw Long Bannatyne said:

Yah, that falls under Nichols.  Do you think they hold onto first place under Streveler?  Better pray BLM  is out longer than Nichols, and Trevor Harris is the next to fall off the teeter-totter.

The silence from the Bomber offices is deafening and very worrisome. 

13 minutes ago, Tracker said:

The silence from the Bomber offices is deafening and very worrisome. 

They won't update until Monday, when they practice again. It's how they handle all injuries. 

Edited by JCon

With our run heavy, high percentage pass game we are designed for Im not to concerned with Strev. going in.

My thoughts are he will make more mistakes and have a worse INT. to TD than Nichols but will also sustain more drives than Nichols due to his superior running ability.

Honestly IMO we have not been winning based off our passing game, we have been winning with Harris, special teams and defense, this won't change.

3 hours ago, 3rdand1.5 said:

With our run heavy, high percentage pass game we are designed for Im not to concerned with Strev. going in.

My thoughts are he will make more mistakes and have a worse INT. to TD than Nichols but will also sustain more drives than Nichols due to his superior running ability.

Honestly IMO we have not been winning based off our passing game, we have been winning with Harris, special teams and defense, this won't change.

That only works when the QB can make the throws when called on, and when he can, make the reads and make the throws. 

Because Strevs mechanics are so bad he cant make the various throws a successful pro QB needs to. 

Strevs running abilty may offset the pass yards ratio by maybe 30 yards per game. Pretty much nothing. 

His int last game rolling left was horrid mechanic wise. Did not point his left shoulder, he fliped his hips in the wrong direction,  he basically jumped, flipped his upper body left and used his throwing arm to huck it. 

He has not shown he can complete passes in the tree at a pro level. 

Sure he has some sucesss in bit moments. 

But through a 4 quarter battle where you need a QB to adapt and make completions throughout the passing tree, Strev just aint there yet. 

EDIT: After a Qb is passed 18 years of age its very difficult to change thier base mechanics....

Edited by Dodge and Burn

2 hours ago, NorthernSkunk said:

Haven't you ever seen MOS on the sidelines when Matty whiffs another throw...... don't you worry he knows.

Now you're making stuff up again. By your own account, youve listened to half the games and watched the rest on TV. Can you point to an example of this, please? All games can be found on YouTube, so it should be easy to verify. 

24 minutes ago, Dodge and Burn said:

Because Strevs mechanics are so bad he cant make the various throws a successful pro QB needs to.

Bullshit, he can make every throw he needs to. Yeah his mechanics are wonky but the guy can make the throws. The question about streveler is can he make the right decisions. 

30 minutes ago, JCon said:

Now you're making stuff up again. By your own account, youve listened to half the games and watched the rest on TV. Can you point to an example of this, please? All games can be found on YouTube, so it should be easy to verify. 

I am not into watching old repeats of anything........ and I ain't that worried about it.  IF Matty is truly injured .... then I am pretty sure the coaches are well into the next phase of the plan.. I can't wait for the next game cause my kid will be back from his Eastern holiday and stay with us for a few days again so we will get to watch another game together.

4 hours ago, Booch said:

Difference this time tho is this team is very complete..and deep...and generally wins the ST and defensive aspect of the game.

We play smart on offence..continue to win the turnover battle.. we will be playing in Nov

Coaching as much people trash some of them here it’s very good. It can’t over come injuries and such. 

On 2019-08-16 at 12:22 PM, Atomic said:

Shoulder injury on throwing arm is never good news... it's not a normal rehab, as a quarterback you can't go back in at 75%... gotta be 100%.

When I saw the injury I thought "oh no he just got Lulay'd.". I wonder if he'll ever be able to get back to where he was.

All the best to him in his rehab/recovery and I'll always be a fan whatever happens and wherever he plays ... No one should ever forget that he was the QB1 who brought the Bombers back to contender status.

Edited by johnzo

5 minutes ago, NorthernSkunk said:

I am not into watching old repeats of anything........ and I ain't that worried about it.  IF Matty is truly injured .... then I am pretty sure the coaches are well into the next phase of the plan.. I can't wait for the next game cause my kid will be back from his Eastern holiday and stay with us for a few days again so we will get to watch another game together.

Sure fooled me because this is all you do, Rinse wash repeat.

39 minutes ago, NorthernSkunk said:

IF??Now he's faking injury?  You really should join Rider Fans as I don't think you're much of a Bomber fan. You'd fit in well with the hordes at that place.