Nichols Injury

Noeller

Just my personal experience:

Partially separated my right shoulder and dislocated my left shoulder (different incidents).  The dislocation hurt way more until it was popped back in (under general anesthesia).  Apparently, nurses in the ER play a guessing game based on the pain shown in a patient's face when they present and most guessed kidney stones or dislocated shoulder for me. 

Pain after the separation lasted months and months whereas the dislocation was an issue for weeks (but I'm right-handed).  The right shoulder still clicks like a bugger after 20 years and my release point (slo-pitch related (not a pitcher) has been reduced to the point where I can't really throw from the outfield, but I can still whip it in on a rope if I play infield.  

Needless to say, he'll take physio a lot more serious than I did.

The danger with dislocated shoulders is that they will tend to pop out more easily after the first one and then surgery is recommended.

We have two solid backups. Fajardo has shown with game time he can win. Same with Arbuckle. 

Run both in tandem to keep people guessing and use the strengths we already have. 

I'm far more concerned that we have Adams, Alexander, Briggs, Jeffcoat and Neufeld on the 6 game. Get those boys back and we still have a rock solid shot. 

Won't take much for Bo or he others to go down (again). We have weapons everywhere on this team. Use them. 

D's win championships ...that's the line that goes around AND if that's the case we stand as good a chance as anyone in the west to win it all....Nichols going down is going to hurt (probably hurting him a lot more than us) but we do have talent behind centre as well....Used properly I think we can hang with the rest of the west...and I'm sure glad that Streveler is built like a brick poop house cuz I don't want to see the curse take another guy out...We're kind of jumping to conclusions but if Matt's shoulder is indeed totally separated, then I think that's all she wrote for him in 19'...Just when everything seemed to be going along quite smoothly along come the bloody Lemonater...Anyway onward and upward....next man up and all the support he needs...No other way to go

43 minutes ago, Noeller said:

I'm extremely superstitious and really, truly believe we are cursed, as a franchise... 

It's my fault. I was single when we last won the cup, got married the July following and we haven't won since.

I've told my wife we need a divorce for the sake of the team. She tells me I can't afford it.

6 minutes ago, tacklewasher said:

It's my fault. I was single when we last won the cup, got married the July following and we haven't won since.

I've told my wife we need a divorce for the sake of the team. She tells me I can't afford it.

Start introducing her as "your first wife" and she will get the message eventually.

31 minutes ago, Colin Unger said:

If Nichols is done for the season I would fully expect that he’s no longer going to be our starting quarterback. To me this was a make or break year for him.  He needs to get it done this season. 

Got to agree with you on this one Mookie! Great to hear from you again. IMHO this year was a make or break year for him and if he is lost for the season I think it would be best in the long term to move on.

Just now, BBRT said:

Got to agree with you on this one Mookie! Great to hear from you again. IMHO this year was a make or break year for him and if he is lost for the season I think it would be best in the long term to move on.

But if Nichols is out for any length of time, the discussion about him will be the "what if" sort as was the case with Glenn and his broken arm. If for no other reason, I hope Nichols is not dinged badly so he can give fans closure about what he is or isn't.

35 minutes ago, tacklewasher said:

am5XRBX_460swp.webp

1 minute ago, Floyd said:

So last week almost everyone was clamouring for streveler and now that it looks like he’s our starter for a while... we’re in ‘mourning’ 

ahahahhaaaa

Seriously, I thought MBB would be over-the-moon today. Bombers win and Streveler is going to get some starts. 

But instead, we're talking about resurrecting Kevin Glenn. 

Nichols' averages 215 yards/game currently, and a lot of that is based off short throwing. If Streveler can't replace that, then he isn't the QB we hoped for.  I think we should still be cautiously optimistic. We have all had complaints about a Nichols-led offense.

What changes things for me was losing Nichols to injury eliminates him as a back up. Streveler getting a shot at starter may turn out to be a good thing, but it would have been nice to have Nichols as the security blanket. Now we're one hit away from McGuire. Hopefully we can stop designed runs for Streveler up the middle of the field.

1 hour ago, JCon said:

Seriously, I thought MBB would be over-the-moon today. Bombers win and Streveler is going to get some starts. 

But instead, we're talking about resurrecting Kevin Glenn. 

The cold light of reality is now staring us straight in the face. This could get ugly fast. As in Drew Willy 2016 ugly.

Edited by SpeedFlex27