It’s time to hand the ball to Kevin Glenn

3 minutes ago, wbbfan said:

Yeah we are. We haven't needed much passing to win games this year. So I like our chances. Streveler may or may not be the long term answer but we will see that too.

Its a contract year for him, you are 7-2. Couldn't be a better time to try him out than now. Its his third year with the team, no reason why he can't play a couple games by now. Good players are ready by now to take a step. Its time to find out. Have to give him a few games though, he will have his successes and his struggles like any rookie would. As much as I have my opinions on Matty Ice, he is a veteran qb and he offers the option to throw when needed and he can read defenses. Very unrealistic to think teams will respect Streveller in the same way, equally unrealistic to expect things to continue on the same way they have. They may be worse, they even be better, but one thing is for sure, they won't be the same. 

41 minutes ago, Ripper said:

Its a contract year for him, you are 7-2. Couldn't be a better time to try him out than now. Its his third year with the team, no reason why he can't play a couple games by now. Good players are ready by now to take a step. Its time to find out. Have to give him a few games though, he will have his successes and his struggles like any rookie would. As much as I have my opinions on Matty Ice, he is a veteran qb and he offers the option to throw when needed and he can read defenses. Very unrealistic to think teams will respect Streveller in the same way, equally unrealistic to expect things to continue on the same way they have. They may be worse, they even be better, but one thing is for sure, they won't be the same. 

It's his second year with the team.

And only really played a yr and a half at SDSU as the starter there...tho he ripped things up in his senior season.

Thing going for him tjo is he is really smart..absorbs things fast and perfecta them almost immediately so his learning curve on the fly will be pretty quick.

My only fear/concern as I mentioned before and others said is Lapo neutering him..or making him play a pansy assed style that's just not Streveler.

Let him loose..full package..take shots downfield and dink and dunk it...if he throws a pick here or there..so be it but to play to NOT throw a pick will be in the end a worse result

2 hours ago, Ripper said:

Second year but yeah.

Teams Dont need to respect him the same way. He offers a lot more running and better deep throws. I'd rather scheme for a Nichols then a steveler. 

Thats the truth it won't be the same. 

1 hour ago, 17to85 said:

Yeah I think people forget just how young and inexperienced the guy actually is.

As far as our back up QBs go in recent years he has a strong amount of experience. And it's a large amount for his age and time in the league. 

But yeah we haven't seen the tip of the iceberg with him yet.

I can tell you game planning for him will be more a challenge than Nichols and this can play to Bombers advantage..going from you know what your getting..skill and limitations Nichols to Strevler..with some unknown at moment coupled with his run threat  which DC's are gonna have to respect and change how they deploy their defense.

2 minutes ago, wbbfan said:

Second year but yeah.

Teams Dont need to respect him the same way. He offers a lot more running and better deep throws. I'd rather scheme for a Nichols then a steveler. 

Thats the truth it won't be the same. 

Deep throws TBD

He definitely has the arm strength but will he make the right reads on those deep throws? 

1 minute ago, Booch said:

I can tell you game planning for him will be more a challenge than Nichols and this can play to Bombers advantage..going from you know what your getting..skill and limitations Nichols to Strevler..with some unknown at moment coupled with his run threat  which DC's are gonna have to respect and change how they deploy their defense.

Get the front 7 creeping closer to the LOS, then call a screen or slant to Lucky #7 

If they load the box..and we use misdirecting and motion..and they ignore it..they will get ripped a new one.

Same with using roll outs and switching up launch points..if they all bite and collapse down u will have opportunity to hit the guys like Lucky..Harris..Demski underneath in open space until they adjust

8 minutes ago, Booch said:

Exactly. It’s not that Streveler is “better” than Nichols. It’s that a DC planning against Nichols knows what to expect, and the basic ceiling for his play. Planning against Streveler is a challenge because he’s an unknown and has facets in his game Nichols doesn’t. On the flip side, he lacks experience, so some defences are going to baffle him. This is what we wanted people. Let’s enjoy

1 hour ago, Booch said:

My only fear/concern as I mentioned before and others said is Lapo neutering him..or making him play a pansy assed style that's just not Streveler.

Let him loose..full package..take shots downfield and dink and dunk it...if he throws a pick here or there..so be it but to play to NOT throw a pick will be in the end a worse result

I think back to that game against Calgary a couple years ago when the team abruptly soured on Davis and rolled out the Fever.  Our offense looked like a high school offense -- Fever was 13/19 for 91 yards, but zero picks.  We won the game because Calgary was having their usual late season snooze and Andrew Buckley was brutal, and the turnover battle was 7-2 in our favor.  A very Lapo/O'Shea win, we played boring and let the other team beat itself.

Edited by johnzo

22 minutes ago, Noeller said:

The one thing we know is that Woogie is about to see a lot more touches... 

That's a for sure....They have great chemistry and know exactly how to get it done....I'd also like to see Harris hit the hole a couple of times and then give them a taste of Streve.... Wear the opposition D out...then give them a shot of Woli..  Road to success

8 hours ago, Booch said:

And only really played a yr and a half at SDSU as the starter there...tho he ripped things up in his senior season.

Thing going for him tjo is he is really smart..absorbs things fast and perfecta them almost immediately so his learning curve on the fly will be pretty quick.

And we know that he hates Justin Bieber for some reason...