It’s time to hand the ball to Kevin Glenn

10 hours ago, Arnold_Palmer said:

Uncle Rico could throw a pigskin a quarter of a mile. Not doubt in my mind. 

If coach would have put him in they'd have won state. No doubt in my mind. Might be awhile before he can get up here though. Gramma's not back from the dunes yet

Edited by Bubba Zanetti

If Nichols is out long term I would expect them to bring in a third QB but more likely a prospect than a veteran. Around this time of year there is always a pool of QBs out there who have been waiting for an NFL shot and are starting to realize that it's not going to come.

1 minute ago, Mark F said:

If they bring someone in and play them ahead of Streveller, he and I will be pissed off.

The idea with reaching out to Glenn would be to have an experienced backup if you need one. Presumably this means Nichols is ****** so right now we're sitting with 2nd year Streveler and 1st year McGuire as qbs. having a vet around ain't a bad thing even if he's just there to hold a clipboard. 

Just now, 17to85 said:

The idea with reaching out to Glenn would be to have an experienced backup if you need one.

hope you are right, but we don't really know what the idea is. Why would he consider coming here to play backup. If he was tempted, just a guess, wouldn't it be cause he had a chance to qb a Greycup winner? .

Even if they signed Glenn tomorrow he wouldn't play for a few weeks cause he wouldn't be in any kind of game shape. You don't air lift in a qb and start them right away. It takes time, a lot of time. This is them getting another body that might eventually be able to step in should the need arise. 

If they really didn't believe in Streveler why would they have kept him around as the backup and designed packages for him to play regularly anyway? 

Hmm...  I was cheering for KG5's return - who else...

Brandon Bridge - Unless there's issues behind the scenes, he has CFL experience.  I think as a second/third string and gadget QB, he'd really thrive under Lapo... he needs someone to control his decisions but he has a cannon and is mobile

Ricky Lloyd - Think he still has potential, just Hervey went in a new direction

Umm... that's about it