It's time to hand the ball to McGuire

do or die

4 minutes ago, Tracker said:

Dunnigan also ran like a fullback and accumulated all those injuries wile playing what....four decades?

Matt played from 83 to 96, so 14 years.

Nichols has from 2010 to now, so 9 years to this point.  Matt was a starter almost from the beginning and played a cavalier style.  But the point is that more muscle mass doesn't mean fewer injuries.  It usually has more to do ligaments and tendons. 

Name me a running back with fewer lost games due to injury than Charles Roberts.

Just now, MC said:

Matt played from 83 to 96, so 14 years.

Nichols has from 2010 to now, so 9 years to this point.  Matt was a starter almost from the beginning and played a cavalier style.  But the point is that more muscle mass doesn't mean fewer injuries.  It usually has more to do ligaments and tendons. 

Name me a running back with fewer lost games due to injury than Charles Roberts.

Hes probably including mattys extensive ncaa and HS careers. Still 70s 80s 90s. 

Blink was tough as they come. But also loose. That makes a big difference. If you are stiff and get smashed youll be picking up the pieces for years. 

1 minute ago, SpeedFlex27 said:

If Streveler fails a lot of heads will explode. Posters here think we can still win even if Streveler doesn't play well. If only it was that easy. 

Same would be said for half the teams in the league who kept winning with back ups this year. Never know whatll happen till youre in that position. At the least we know with streveler we will be competitive. I just hope we arent bringing back alex ross. 

15 minutes ago, Goalie said:

Nichols major problem is self inflicted injuries. 

His last 2.. Both were his own doing.. The one where he hurt himself last year in practice and this recent one.. Where he just held on to the ball 2 damn long.. 

Tough as Hell... Injury prone tho

Don't forget hurting himself on a qb sneak this season...    he can't take hits well. 

2 hours ago, Goalie said:

His last 2.. Both were his own doing.. The one where he hurt himself last year in practice and this recent one.. Where he just held on to the ball 2 damn long.. 

hey, don't forget about that failed hook slide in game 3 this year against Ottawa...

Matt was a lot younger when he broke in with Edm.....Broke is the correct term as he broke his leg the first year....then managed to tear up his leg the next year causing him to lose the season....Is he injury prone?? I think the jury is out on that one and if you look at how he's come up nic'd since joining us.....hmmmmm you decide...Is it bad luck or bad bones...Look at the career of another qb....albeit the past ...Damon Allen for one...The guy was immune to injury so much so that he earned the nick name 'Gumby'..Some people are just built different and if you end up in the right category...longevity follows...I know which category Nichols belongs in and ...'brittle' is a descriptive word in that category

13 minutes ago, Stickem said:

Matt was a lot younger when he broke in with Edm.....Broke is the correct term as he broke his leg the first year....then managed to tear up his leg the next year causing him to lose the season....Is he injury prone?? I think the jury is out on that one and if you look at how he's come up nic'd since joining us.....hmmmmm you decide...Is it bad luck or bad bones...Look at the career of another qb....albeit the past ...Damon Allen for one...The guy was immune to injury so much so that he earned the nick name 'Gumby'..Some people are just built different and if you end up in the right category...longevity follows...I know which category Nichols belongs in and ...'brittle' is a descriptive word in that category

So....we should nickname him "peanut'?

27 minutes ago, Stickem said:

Could be. Damon allen was a freak of nature when it came to staying healthy. Looking at his games per year he is in zach collaros territory but he wasnt able to secure being the qb1 before he took the job from willy here. 

56 minutes ago, Floyd said:

Hey #bombers, Colin Kaepernick? Can you imagine the publicity? And I'm guessing he won't kneel for OUR national anthem. Doesn't need the money but needs to play #justdoit!

that guy's tweets often make my head hurt......this is one of them. 

On 2019-08-19 at 5:35 PM, Goalie said:

I think in policing, they refer to this as "victim shaming"

28 minutes ago, Goalie said:

Probably but.. He did... As a fan watching u could see it coming. 

Hes injury prone. Bottom line.. So was Buck.. Collaros also. It is what it is. 

You're right... he was dressed provocatively too, did you see the way his helmet was strapped on? Practically begging for a blindside hit from behind.

1 minute ago, Eternal optimist said:

You're right... he was dressed provocatively too, did you see the way his helmet was strapped on? Practically begging for a blindside hit from behind.

This is the same guy who injured himself in practice last year. Hes injury prone. He held the ball on the last play there for 5 6 seconds.. What u think gonna happen? 

11 hours ago, Goalie said:

This is the same guy who injured himself in practice last year. Hes injury prone. He held the ball on the last play there for 5 6 seconds.. What u think gonna happen? 

I don't know, maybe Matt shouldn't be surprised that #66 allowed the backside DE to waltz around him and blindside him, as it 's such a regular occurrence he should have seen it coming. 🙄

https://www.cfl.ca/2019/08/15/matt-nichols-leaves-game-with-shoulder-injury/

Edited by Throw Long Bannatyne

14 hours ago, Floyd said:

Hey #bombers, Colin Kaepernick? Can you imagine the publicity? And I'm guessing he won't kneel for OUR national anthem. Doesn't need the money but needs to play #justdoit!

No thank you. He doesn't really want to play anyway. He is asking for crazy money any time there is an opportunity. He'd rather keep saying look nobody will let me play!