It's time to hand the ball to McGuire

do or die

25 minutes ago, Brandon said:

Have you seen the difference between him and Streveler running and then colliding with the defense.     The guy is physically weak.      His ability to absorb a shot is the same. 

If streveler is the benchmark for a strong qb then there aren't many QBs in this league who aren't weak.

2 hours ago, 17to85 said:

If streveler is the benchmark for a strong qb then there aren't many QBs in this league who aren't weak.

Line up all the QB's in the league and ask someone off the street to point to which guy in the group is secretly an accountant while the rest are football players...  guarantee you Nichols would be picked out each time :)

23 minutes ago, Brandon said:

Line up all the QB's in the league and ask someone off the street to point to which guy in the group is secretly an accountant while the rest are football players...  guarantee you Nichols would be picked out each time :)

Ya, I don't understand why Nichols can't be a huge brute like Ricky Ray and Anthony Calvillo.

On 2019-08-17 at 7:07 PM, Brandon said:

I don't think Nichols is a wimp if that's what is being suggested.   He is however physically weak compared to most of the other qbs.   Once he comes back from this injury I think he's on borrowed time and his career won't last that much longer.   The guy goes down way to easily. 

How would you hold up if you got hit by a truck?  Would the fact that some bones may break from the impact somehow define your physical toughness?

giphy.gif

1 hour ago, Brandon said:

Streveler and Reilly have freakish outlier strength that is well beyond diminishing returns for a qb. Both are still short of the god of all work out qbs, michael bishop. But then Tee martin had monstrous strength as well. (youd think he was a DL watching him hit weights) 

Nichols is physically tougher then most qbs. Nichols has never been a well polished athlete, if he wasnt a qb he wouldnt be a pro athlete. But with his mobility and being on the wrong side of 30 I dont see him gaining much use from refining much more. 

1 hour ago, Brandon said:

Stand Nichols up next to his wife, if you only had the shoulder down view you would guess the wrong one is a pro football player.

8 minutes ago, wbbfan said:

Streveler and Reilly have freakish outlier strength that is well beyond diminishing returns for a qb. Both are still short of the god of all work out qbs, michael bishop. But then Tee martin had monstrous strength as well. (youd think he was a DL watching him hit weights) 

Nichols is physically tougher then most qbs. Nichols has never been a well polished athlete, if he wasnt a qb he wouldnt be a pro athlete. But with his mobility and being on the wrong side of 30 I dont see him gaining much use from refining much more. 

The best QB's are smart, success rarely has anything to do with their physical assets, in fact a lack of brains is why the majority of QB's fail.  Luckily Streveler is also smart.

4 minutes ago, Throw Long Bannatyne said:

The best QB's are smart, success rarely has anything to do with their physical assets, in fact a lack of brains is why the majority of QB's fail.  Luckily Streveler is also smart.

Thats true, the average wonderlic score in the NFL is inline with surgeons. That said, in the modern game you have to be strong and most importantly tough. Both physically and mentally tough. 

6 minutes ago, Throw Long Bannatyne said:

lack of brains... Also, I think  being composed, staying calm while ignoring the mayhem and chaos around you, and the chance of a terrible injury on each play.

The crazy canucks were able to do that. also, jockeys, race car drivers. another one is the equestrian sport eventing.  completely insane sport, in which you might literally die at any point.

14 minutes ago, trueBlue83 said:

wow.... classy post.  There's no need to cut down the guy's manhood just because he suffered an injury.  

I'm sorry if I offended your sense of better judgement. When I see Matt's arms I don't think "gunslinger quarterback". When I see her arms I think "she spends some time in the gym". P.S. I do think their daughter Elliot is an adorable cutey.

2 minutes ago, GCJenks said:

I'm sorry if I offended your sense of better judgement. When I see Matt's arms I don't think "gunslinger quarterback". When I see her arms I think "she spends some time in the gym". P.S. I do think their daughter Elliot is an adorable cutey.

Don be sorry for offending our sense of better judgement (what ever that means).  Maybe just be sorry for saying something asinine. 

4 minutes ago, GCJenks said:

look, I'm not a big fan of Nichols, and have been calling for him to be replaced for a long time.  But there's a difference between criticizing his play VS criticizing him as a person.

Being physically strong has nothing to do with how well your parts stay together. Louis Cyr, the Montreal policeman who was undoubtedly one of the strongest men in the world, had to sleep sitting up because of his COPD. Some of us are just brittle.

3 hours ago, Brandon said:

Wow some people go overboard ....  I simply was suggesting that Nichols is a guy who cannot take a lot of punishment based on his size.  

If only he was big and strong like Doug Flutie, Damon Allen and Kevin Glenn he would be able to handle rigors of being a CFL quarterback.  

Biggest arms on a QB I can think of were attached to Matt Dunnigan, and how much time did he spend on the IR?

1 minute ago, MC said:

/If only he was big and strong like Doug Flutie, Damon Allen and Kevin Glenn he would be able to handle rigors of being a CFL quarterback.  

Biggest arms on a QB I can think of were attached to Matt Dunnigan, and how much time did he spend on the IR?

Dunnigan also ran like a fullback and accumulated all those injuries wile playing what....four decades?