It's time to hand the ball to McGuire

do or die

1 minute ago, SpeedFlex27 said:

Tell you what. I want you to put your left hand on a heavy metal table palm down. Hold it there & don't move it.  Then I'll hit it as hard as I can & crush it. We'll see if you are okay afterwards & you have no broken or crushed bones. Or if you even cried out in agony. Some guys are tougher at handling that stuff... it's just my theory.

I was operating a stoper underground years back,  when some loose came down and struck the back of my hand that was holding the stoper.  The size of the chunk was about the size of a bowling ball,  I never cried then...... I swore a lot but I never cried. So I get what yer saying. 

1 minute ago, NorthernSkunk said:

I was operating a stoper underground years back,  when some loose came down and struck the back of my hand that was holding the stoper.  The size of the chunk was about the size of a bowling ball,  I never cried then...... I swore a lot but I never cried. So I get what yer saying. 

You saying Nichols isn't tough enough so the injury is his fault. You sure you weren't hit in the head?

1 hour ago, NorthernSkunk said:

I did not say it was his fault.  All I said was.... to me he does not appear as tough as other QB's.  

1 hour ago, NorthernSkunk said:

I did not say it was his fault.  All I said was.... to me he does not appear as tough as other QB's.  

So then, it is his fault. He's not tough enough, according to you. What you said was assinine.

1 hour ago, pigseye said:

lol, Nichols and toughness, sorry, I'm not buying it, this is the guy who complained about being booed and threw his receivers under the bus for not being open. 

McGuire has the skill set to be a top notch qb, just needs the coaching and reps. 

Saying they weren't open is throwing them under the bus? Did you watch video of the game? You're not giving any credit to the other team's defense. I'd say it's fact. They came to play as well. When you have Julio Feoli Giudino as one of the starting receivers you throw to then that is a very weak receiving group.

Edited by SpeedFlex27

1 minute ago, NorthernSkunk said:

If you want to be super technical about you could say I was blaming his parents.  I am not blaming mattty for being Matty.... 

Just stop. Now the problem is his parents? The more you post about it, the more ridiculous you seem. The sad thing is you seem to actually believe what you say. You're not even joking.

My opinion is Matty obviously was tough enough to make it to the cfl.... and has compiled a semi productive career to date..... my opinion has always been he is not tough enough to get the Bombers to the cup game and win it all.  If you want to read other krap into that then have at er,  it's all on you. 

And.... if he makes it back this year ( if he is even gonna miss any time).. then I will cheer him on at the start of his next game just like I did last night.  It would not bother me in the least to be wrong and watch him hoist the cup for the Bombers.  I probably wouldn't bet a lot of money of money on it though.

and this ...JMO

2 hours ago, NorthernSkunk said:

The guy has come back from a broken leg (2012), torn ACL (2013) and a non-contact knee injury (2018). He also played through the 2017 playoffs with a broken ring finger and got absolutely walloped on the play that knocked him out of the game yesterday.

Since the start of the 2015 season, Mike Reilly has played exactly 1 more game (72 of 90) than Matt Nichols (71 of 90). Our QB may be alot of things, but "soft" as you imply, is not one of them.

6 minutes ago, Eternal optimist said:

The guy has come back from a broken leg (2012), torn ACL (2013) and a non-contact knee injury (2018). He also played through the 2017 playoffs with a broken ring finger and got absolutely walloped on the play that knocked him out of the game yesterday.

Since the start of the 2015 season, Mike Reilly has played exactly 1 more game (72 of 90) than Matt Nichols (71 of 90). Our QB may be alot of things, but "soft" as you imply, is not one of them.

Yeah.....his history doesn't scream tough though. Some of it is bad luck but he hasn't been all that durable.

Edited by Bubba Zanetti

5 minutes ago, Eternal optimist said:

Wouldn't a list of injuries imply just that ?

18 minutes ago, NorthernSkunk said:

Wouldn't a list of injuries imply just that ?

Mike Reilly suffered a knee injury in the season opener. of 2015, he also played (poorly) with a broken bone foot in the 2014 playoffs. Point is...every player in football at some point gets injured. It's only a matter of time. Besides, those are just the injuries serious enough that they've been disclosed, who know how many times guys have played through sprains and other minor ailments?

Edited by Eternal optimist

3 minutes ago, Eternal optimist said:

Mike Reilly suffered a knee injury in the season opener. of 2015, he also played (poorly) with a broken bone foot in the 2014 playoffs. Point is...every player in football at some point gets injured. It's only a matter of time. Besides, those are just the injuries serious enough that they've been disclosed, who know how many times guys have played through sprains and other minor ailments?

I don't disagree,  and some win it all and some never do.

I don't think Nichols is a wimp if that's what is being suggested.   He is however physically weak compared to most of the other qbs.   Once he comes back from this injury I think he's on borrowed time and his career won't last that much longer.   The guy goes down way to easily.