3 stars plus HH Bc sucks

wbbfan

1. Willie J and the Furious 4

2. Harris, the King of the CFL

3. Come Sayles away with me!

HH - Hansen - way to make an impact!

Extra HH - To Anthony Gaitor who stopped by the bench before the game to hand out signed players cards. Made my son very happy. A great experience all around!

Edited by JCon

6 hours ago, Atomic said:

I'm not even mad about the UR penalty on Desjarlais... bad timing but I'd rather have a rookie fired up and kicking ass than playing timid... just don't let it happen again!

That's the icing on the Lucky play that set us up for the TD ... young kid puts the team in a 2nd-and-19 hole, maybe costing a TD, but then the O converts it, no big deal.  That's a big teambuilding moment.

Man that Lucky play was a thing of beauty, two big OL out in front of #7 paving the first 10 yards or so and then Lucky doing the rest. Just love seeing those big men turning space into more space for our lightning playmakers.

6 minutes ago, johnzo said:

That's the icing on the Lucky play that set us up for the TD ... young kid puts the team in a 2nd-and-19 hole, maybe costing a TD, but then the O converts it, no big deal.  That's a big teambuilding moment.

Man that Lucky play was a thing of beauty, two big OL out in front of #7 paving the first 10 yards or so and then Lucky doing the rest. Just love seeing those big men turning space into more space for our lightning playmakers.

it's the type of play our defence used to give up at least once a game.  Not so much anymore.  

Tell you one thing..our young depth is pretty damn good..and gonna get better.

Kongbo is gonna be a beast  Willie 2.0..he already is having an impact..Ol Jake better buy him some wobbly pops as his sacks where a direct result of Kongbo's pressures and attention they need to show him..scary part he is just learning this CFL game and his opponents.. and what've better mentor to have the Jefferson.

Richardson too..still learning but super disruptive..

Other than the one sack Eli whiffed on when he was on the edge he showed brute power and mean streak on his other reps..and high energy too..guy is gonna be a ass flattener for us.

What really shocked me tho was Hansen off the edge..where did that tenacity and over powering skill come from..blew me away..if they keep working him in practice there he can rotate in again in a pinch.. dude was a beast

1 minute ago, Booch said:

What really shocked me tho was Hansen off the edge..where did that tenacity and over powering skill come from..blew me away..if they keep working him in practice there he can rotate in again in a pinch.. dude was a beast

in the post game show, MOS was talking about this....said they went to him awhile back and told him that they'd like him to learn how to play End a bit. He apparently is incredibly smart...takes a little bit of information and just gets absolutely everything out of it. Learns very very quickly. It's impressive, to be sure...

1 minute ago, Booch said:

Kongbo is gonna be a beast  Willie 2.0..he already is having an impact..Ol Jake better buy him some wobbly pops as his sacks where a direct result of Kongbo's pressures and attention they need to show him..scary part he is just learning this CFL game and his opponents.. and what've better mentor to have the Jefferson.

Other than the one sack Eli whiffed on when he was on the edge he showed brute power and mean streak on his other reps..and high energy too..guy is gonna be a ass flattener for us.

Was calling Kongbo Mini Jefferson he is just a smaller version. Jake's first sack was beautiful stunt looked like the ones Doug Brown used to run. 

Hansen looks like he has taken coaching very well. He had the physical attributes to play but now his knowledge is starting to come around. This really what 2.0 is all about. Getting these first guys in here and having them compete as professionals even if they all don't turn out they are going to back and be able to coach up the kids back in their home countries on what it takes to be a professional. 

Sayles, Harris and Jefferson all made huge impacts and are stars in this game .. I'm going to try and be a bit different and give reasons why.

Three stars (in no particular order):

Geoff Gray - he's in there mixing it up week in, week out. He was scrapping pretty good with 91 from BC last night and seeing how he (and the interior of our line plays) makes me smile.

Janarion Grant - how long have we wanted a legitimate return threat? A guy who can rip the top of a coverage team, make people miss and find a seam.  This guy is it. Dangerous every single time he touches the ball.  The only time he touches the ball, he changed field position in a big way.

Jake Thomas - people under-rate that guy.  He's not flashy, he's not an all-star but he's a guy who brings it every single snap and is the type of rotational player every team needs (especially if they expect to compete in the post season). 3 tackles and 2 sacks.  Not a bad night for FatBoi.

Happy Honker:

Thiadric Hansen - the guy is just a ball of intensity and focus and I had to laugh a couple of times when it looked like he wasn't sure if he should stay on the field or come off.  Was fun to watch him get playing time. His contribution speaks to the thoughtfulness Walters et. al put in when evaluating these internationals.

1 hour ago, Noeller said:

in the post game show, MOS was talking about this....said they went to him awhile back and told him that they'd like him to learn how to play End a bit. He apparently is incredibly smart...takes a little bit of information and just gets absolutely everything out of it. Learns very very quickly. It's impressive, to be sure...

He clearly has a real love for football. Landed a huge diamond in the rough with him. 

2 hours ago, Booch said:

I didn’t notice Eli aside from that one play - how often was he in as 6th?

Wonder if Roh is out for a bit..and if they are comfortable starting Kongbo and Willie with Panzer as the rotation...though I'd love to see me some McAllister back here..he impressed and is legit just wasnt gonna unseat The Jeff's or Roh outta camp..Kongbo..Willie and McAllister would be a wicked athletic combo..

13 minutes ago, Booch said:

Panzer

😁 nice one!

O'Shea re Hansen (from wpg Sun Ted Wyman)

“All he’s done for us since he got here is ask to be coached, asked for specifics, gone out on his own and worked on them, stayed after practice, watched more film,” O’Shea said. “You get him playing special teams, then he catches up to the speed of linebacker play, then you say ‘Why don’t you try getting him coming off the edge?’

“Sure enough, he comes off the edge and he causes a fumble. He just takes whatever you give him and he tries to apply it as quickly as possible, which is very impressive.”

Edited by Mark F

34 minutes ago, Floyd said:

I didn’t notice Eli aside from that one play - how often was he in as 6th?

Every jumbo pack play. I saw him pancake two guys one he ran the length of the line and got away with a hold. He looks strong af he can move and hes nasty. Fits right in. Gonna be another gem.

31 minutes ago, Booch said:

Wonder if Roh is out for a bit..and if they are comfortable starting Kongbo and Willie with Panzer as the rotation...though I'd love to see me some McAllister back here..he impressed and is legit just wasnt gonna unseat The Jeff's or Roh outta camp..Kongbo..Willie and McAllister would be a wicked athletic combo..

The amount of reps Kongbo has taken the last two weeks he may well have started with how much we normally rotate. He's been better and better with more reps.

I had hoped he would become a good player for us. He's soo much better right now then I thought he could be in year one. Coming off an injury and missing camp it's amazing. 

Best player in this year's draft and end of the year he will probably be the best in a bunch of years. This guy should've been in an NFL camp this year.

9 minutes ago, wbbfan said:

Every jumbo pack play. I saw him pancake two guys one he ran the length of the line and got away with a hold. He looks strong af he can move and hes nasty. Fits right in. Gonna be another gem.

The amount of reps Kongbo has taken the last two weeks he may well have started with how much we normally rotate. He's been better and better with more reps.

I had hoped he would become a good player for us. He's soo much better right now then I thought he could be in year one. Coming off an injury and missing camp it's amazing. 

Best player in this year's draft and end of the year he will probably be the best in a bunch of years. This guy should've been in an NFL camp this year.

Yeah I think we got steals with Kongbo and Eli...not to mention Desjarlais stepping in as a 22 yr old and doing just fine.

And that doesnt even mention Exume and Hallet who have been ST demons..

5 minutes ago, Booch said:

Yeah I think we got steals with Kongbo and Eli...not to mention Desjarlais stepping in as a 22 yr old and doing just fine.

And that doesnt even mention Exume and Hallet who have been ST demons..

Hallett has even looked good in limited reps. Monster draft by the Canadian mafia this year.

It seems like the o line is even nastier this year..... each game the opposing d lines are  getting riled up, and losing it.

haven t had that since Walby.  Meanness seems to be something Walters values in Oline.

Oh 

remember the bad days of linemen sauntering off after their Qbi was flattened by a dirty hit.

hate this I pad

Edited by Mark F

24 minutes ago, Mark F said:

It seems like the o line is even nastier this year..... each game the opposing d lines are  getting riled up, and losing it.

haven t had that since Walby.  Meanness seems to be something Walters values in Oline.

Oh 

remember the bad days of linemen sauntering off after their Qbi was flattened by a dirty hit.

hate this I pad

Take two tablets and call in the morning.

4 hours ago, Noeller said:

I’ve always been partial to German engineering.