Special Teams

JCon

Can we take a moment and recognize how good our Special Teams are? A few years ago, they took stupid penalties, missed field goals and blew coverage. It was a weakness and we pointed the finger at MOS. 

Now, we're disciplined. That comes from the team ethos, obviously, but they lead the way. 

Medlock is just money. What a great pick up he has been! Even at the higher rate, he has been worth every penny in my mind. And, his punting, once considered a weakness, has been incredible. 

Our coverage team does not allow big returns and do a very good job containing the runner, IMO. 

The Special Teams provides a spark for this team. 

12 minutes ago, Atomic said:

Medlock is crushing the competition as a punter right now. So many studs on cover teams as well.

Yeh he said he was working on punting styles with Koch (NFL Punter).  These guys are essentially innovating a completely new punting style... a comparison would be to pitchers in Baseball.  What 99% of punters currently do is throw fastballs on every pitch (tight spiral for maximum distance/hang time) - Koch and Medlock are adding knuckles and curveballs to the mix and it's doing wonderful things to their net yards (also IMO it's increasing the likelyhood of punts not being caught/being fumbled in the air)

I appreciate Medlock for his accuracy and his different types of kicks and spin that he puts on them.    As much as Jon Ryan kicks the piss out of the ball... nearly every game they have given up a big return because he out kicks the coverage with his lack of hang time. 

Also Miller and company have done a great job of wrapping up tackles and avoiding bad penalties.

12 minutes ago, rebusrankin said:

Wait the same man came up with Incompleterson and Matt Dimes? Get this man to the CFL HOF in Hamilton. I expect to see an interview with Black during the game next year and in honour of your Bomber fandom make it a Hamilton/Rider game because **** those fans, they don't need to hear play by play.

I'd rather hear an interview with Ty about his posting history than Black doing PBP of the game.......