GDT-Tire fire vs Bombers

Nolby

10 minutes ago, 17to85 said:

Jesus christ.... bring in another qb... this coaching staff believes in streveler AND they believed in McGuire enough to cut Bennett. They aren't going to bring in other teams reject QBs.

You don't carry less then 3 QBs especially only one with any CFL reps. Hense if he hits the IR. 

1 hour ago, B-F-F-C said:

i feel we lost momentum when the coaches decided to pull Nichols and put Strevler in.  Timing was strange. 

I completely agree, even said so at the time here... I am all for Streveler getting reps, but not when our QB1 is actually having himself a nice little run against the Lions... you don't yank him out and let him get 'cold' sitting on the sideline, especially that early in a game and only up by 7...

Lapo really makes me wonder what the heck is going on in his world with the stuff that he does... Matty was actually earning his Matt Dimes nickname in the 1st, lol...

Stop blaming LaPo for the play calling....   Nichols was running plays that were mid to deep and just froze in the pocket.     After he tossed his interception (not his fault at all)  it was like a switch and he shut off and could not make quick decisions at all.   

Our offense was fantastic (despite the play of Nichols after his int)  

We had great pass protection,  great holes for Harris to run.  

The receivers I didn't see make any drops or miscues. 

Harris  was beast mode YET again and dragged guys for so many tough yards.

Whitehead with the 2nd and 19 screen that he willed his way into the first down.  

Matthews was great when passed to (1st quarter). 

The only blemishes from the O this game was the terrible penalty from Desjarlais,  and the several unnecessary sacks and general play of Nichols after his pick.  

12 minutes ago, Brandon said:

Stop blaming LaPo for the play calling....   Nichols was running plays that were mid to deep and just froze in the pocket.     After he tossed his interception (not his fault at all)  it was like a switch and he shut off and could not make quick decisions at all.   

Our offense was fantastic (despite the play of Nichols after his int)  

We had great pass protection,  great holes for Harris to run.  

The receivers I didn't see make any drops or miscues. 

Harris  was beast mode YET again and dragged guys for so many tough yards.

Whitehead with the 2nd and 19 screen that he willed his way into the first down.  

Matthews was great when passed to (1st quarter). 

The only blemishes from the O this game was the terrible penalty from Desjarlais,  and the several unnecessary sacks and general play of Nichols after his pick.  

Don't know how you can say don't blame LaPo when his decision to take out Nichols resulted in an interception that changed the momentum of the game. You can say what you want about Nichols in the pocket but that was as dumb a coaching decision as I've ever seen. He deliberately took his foot off the gas. Anyone who says that LaPo didn't negatively influence the game with his coaching decisions is wrong.

Edited by SpeedFlex27

6 hours ago, blueandgoldguy said:

Offense was mediocre again.  275 net yards and only 17 first downs versus a terrible defense.  Nichols did not play well after the INT.  I'm not sure why everyone is blaming Lapo.  The team won yet again in the strength of the defense and special teams.

Here are the O series after that INT 

2nd
BC  10 plays - Castillo FG 
WPG  3 plays - Luke INT off Streveler 
BC   2 plays - Castillo FG 
WPG  9 plays - Medlock missed FG 
BC   2 plays - Lankford safety 

3rd 
BC   3 plays - White TD 
WPG  2 plays - Medlock FG (play started on B26 after Grant 56 kickoff return)
BC   6 plays - Jefferson INT 
WPG  5 plays - Nichols TD 
BC      kick-off block - Sayles TD 
BC   3 plays - Punt 

4th  
WPG  2 plays - Medlock FG
BC   7 plays - Castillo FG 
WPG  1 plays - Nichols fumble, injured on play 

14 minutes ago, M.O.A.B. said:

2nd

3rd 
BC   3 plays - White TD 
BC   3 plays - Punt 

4th  

Sorry, what exactly is good about those three second half drives? One was for -4 yards, one was for 8 and the TD drive was a short field thanks to the Willie INT. Even then, it was one nice throw by Nichols, not exactly sustained success.

He basically got 4 more points than what was automatic. 13 of a possible 21 on short fields. Not great.

Don’t get me wrong, I don’t think Nichols is terrible. I just don’t think he is good.

Great evening last night.... son showed up with his family at the new house to visit yesterday so the game is a bit fuzzy this morning.   I'm thinking matt had something wrong with him when they put big Chris in..... something probably minor but they were being cautious.  Matt goes back in his play isn't as good... eventually he can't escape the hit from behind and ultimately can't take the punishment.  Also watching them tape harris' ankle up more later in the game is not a good sign..... the pounding is taking its toll on him...

1 minute ago, NorthernSkunk said:

Great evening last night.... son showed up with his family at the new house to visit yesterday so the game is a bit fuzzy this morning.   I'm thinking matt had something wrong with him when they put big Chris in..... something probably minor but they were being cautious.  Matt goes back in his play isn't as good... eventually he can't escape the hit from behind and ultimately can't take the punishment.  Also watching them tape harris' ankle up more later in the game is not a good sign..... the pounding is taking its toll on him...

Nope, Matt was fine. He was standing on the sidelines right next to the play, waiting to go in. I think they were going to go to him after the first play but the second was a short-yardage play where Streveler would be in anyhow. He got the first down, so he got to stay in. 

3 minutes ago, JCon said:

Nope, Matt was fine. He was standing on the sidelines right next to the play, waiting to go in. I think they were going to go to him after the first play but the second was a short-yardage play where Streveler would be in anyhow. He got the first down, so he got to stay in. 

Good I hope he is okay.  The other theory we came up with last night for putting big Chris when they did was to appease the lady fans...hopefully create a buzz An sell more tickets.  There were some sad shots of the stands last night during the game... more empty seats shown than what I liked.

3 minutes ago, NorthernSkunk said:

Good I hope he is okay.  The other theory we came up with last night for putting big Chris when they did was to appease the lady fans...hopefully create a buzz An sell more tickets.  There were some sad shots of the stands last night during the game... more empty seats shown than what I liked.

Nope. And, yes, we need more than 25k fans at the stadium. When are you coming? 

59 minutes ago, M.O.A.B. said:

2nd

3rd 
BC   3 plays - White TD 
BC   3 plays - Punt 

4th  

Nichols dropped back 7 times and ran it once for a one yard touchdown over that stretch of the game. He was 4/4 for 55 yards but got sacked three times, the last one being the fumble and the end of his night.