GDT-Tire fire vs Bombers

Nolby

7 minutes ago, Goalie said:

He had like 4 series and handed the ball off. Headset malfunction it appeared on one. 

That will probably be the most interesting spin on this game anyone will state. Like a grasping at straws spin. He couldn't even do that without screwing up.

Edited by SpeedFlex27

7 minutes ago, 17to85 said:

You know what though, on that pick he had Whitehead open, was just a young guy not appreciating how good the other guys are at getting hands in the way. Yes it was bad, but he did see an open man and tried to hit him. He will be OK if we have to go with him because presumably Lapo will have to open up the playbook for him. 

He may close it even further if Streveler can't grasp the playbook. From what I saw tonite we should be very worried if Nichols is out any length.

27 minutes ago, Captain Blue said:

Good team win.

As much as I wanted Streveler in the game, I have no idea why THIS was the time to give him a series. Nichols was playing well finally. After that it was more of the same unfortunately. 

Defense and special teams were great. 

We will see how LaPo designs the offense next week if Nichols is out. Hopefully Harris is alright too. 

No kidding. At that juncture of the game it was close, good Nichols was in the stadium, and we were deep in our zone. Why in gods green earth do you FINALLY give Streveler the ball in that scenario after gluing his hands to his hips for the first half of the season. I swear Lapolice has a split personality and the other half wants to get him fired.

Edited by Bubba Zanetti

1 minute ago, SpeedFlex27 said:

That will probably be the most interesting spin on this game anyone will state. Like a grasping at straws spin.

How so. What u want a cold QB to do when up by what? 16 19? With not great field position to do. I see Strev got earlier reps and threw a pick.. A tipped ball pic. That's unfortunate. Vet reilly threw 1 also.. Nichols had a similar fluke. 

These gameplans are 100 per cent designed for Nichols. How many reps would Strev get. 

4 minutes ago, Bubba Zanetti said:

No kidding. At that juncture of the game it was close, good Nichols was in the stadium, and we were deep in our zone. Why is gods green earth do you FINALLY give Streveler the ball in that scenario. I swear Lapolice has a split personality and the other half wants to get him fired.

Been saying that all season. LaPo  gets cute. Then he gets scared. Then he gets conservative. Nichols was playing well so he did his best to shut him down with playcalling  & qb strategies that left a lot to be desired. Taking out Nichols putting in Streveler just killed our momentum.

Edited by SpeedFlex27

10 minutes ago, Goalie said:

How so. What u want a cold QB to do when up by what? 16 19? With not great field position to do. I see Strev got earlier reps and threw a pick.. A tipped ball pic. That's unfortunate. Vet reilly threw 1 also.. Nichols had a similar fluke. 

These gameplans are 100 per cent designed for Nichols. How many reps would Strev get. 

Streveler should have only got short yardage plays. Then once he gets the first down then pull him out & put Nichols in. No, instead LaPo keeps Streveler in. He panics & he throws a pick. Momentum shot. Question is why? Nichols didn't look lost. Neither did Reilly. They were the starters. There was no reason to do that.

Edited by SpeedFlex27

35 minutes ago, Goalie said:

Our D is solid. Sp Tms are great. Our O is very inconsistent. 

Its November.  West Final.. Down by 6 with 130 left.. We get the ball at our 45.. Do we score the TD to win? Cuz im not sure. 

O unit is not the problem. Matt Nichols showed he can make the deep throws.

The play-calling is the problem. Lapo has some over-thinking. 

Edited by M.O.A.B.

There’s nothing wrong with having a couple series a game designed to let Streveler play. I’m sure Lapo wishes Streveler had more game reps now that he will be pressed into duty for likely 6 weeks. The issue is the gimmicks. I’m all for crazy motion and fakes as a change of pace but even with a QB who is a great runner, it should be used sparingly and not the norm. 

1 minute ago, Noeller said:

Only guy I'd want is Bennett from the Riders.... 

I'd take him back the too. If mbt can move the ball against us with that putrid Argos offense what could he do with our line and weapons?

Either way I think we bring in a qb soon. Of Nichols hits the six I suspect it'll be a vet.

Glenn is interesting no idea what kind of shape he's on but he'd slide in too.