GDT-Tire fire vs Bombers

Nolby

2 minutes ago, Brandon said:

Nichols looked so good in the first quarter.... then vanished.  Not blaming LaPo either because he kept getting sacked on mid to deep range routes... dude just didn't throw the ball. 

He didn't vanish. The playcalling vanished. Took out Nichols. kept in Streveler who looked clueless. Conservative playcalling. Lost all momentum. We never stick with what's working. Our receivers are being wasted.

Edited by SpeedFlex27

Good team win.

As much as I wanted Streveler in the game, I have no idea why THIS was the time to give him a series. Nichols was playing well finally. After that it was more of the same unfortunately. 

Defense and special teams were great. 

We will see how LaPo designs the offense next week if Nichols is out. Hopefully Harris is alright too. 

1 minute ago, Goalie said:

Nichols had more yards passing than Reilly. 😆 

10 of 12 tho. I dunno. On pace for about 18 passes b4 getting injured

Well, D and ST did leave pretty short fields for him to work with...  but yeah, those last series were kind of ugly.

Streveler was a major disappointment for me tonight. He looked like a guy who was not ready to play. Nervous & unsure of himself. He didn't know the playbook. Botched a run play with Harris.  He made a bad decision to pass on that pick. Throwing off his back foot the ball died & he was unable to put the ball on Woli's inside shoulder on that deep pass. If he plays next week then he has to do much, much better than tonight or we have no chance.

17 minutes ago, 66 Chevelle said:

only 64 yards of offense in the 2nd half, 23 of those yards in that last drive... ugh, not pretty, even with the short field position we enjoyed... 

Death, taxes and 66 Chevelle bitching about the Offence

Edited by B-F-F-C

2 minutes ago, SpeedFlex27 said:

Streveler was a major disappointment for me tonight. He looked like a guy who was not ready to play. Nervous & unsure of himself. He didn't know the playbook. Botched a run play with Harris.  He made a bad decision to pass on that pick. Throwing off his back foot the ball died & he was unable to put the ball on Woli's inside shoulder on that deep pass. If he plays next week then he has to do much, much better than tonight or we have no chance.

He had like 4 series and handed the ball off. Headset malfunction it appeared on one. 

3 minutes ago, SpeedFlex27 said:

Very different QB than has come in before...  it was strange

3 minutes ago, SpeedFlex27 said:

You know what though, on that pick he had Whitehead open, was just a young guy not appreciating how good the other guys are at getting hands in the way. Yes it was bad, but he did see an open man and tried to hit him. He will be OK if we have to go with him because presumably Lapo will have to open up the playbook for him.