Neighborhood Flags

Sard

Yeah, that is the uniqueness of the CFL with the ratio. Good & bad. There are some Canadians who stay in the league for years underperforming. Like slotback Anthony Parker when he was with the Stamps. There are other examples of players like that. At the same time, it gives other Canadians a chance to play where they may never get the chance.  What made you decide to stick with the Bombers?

Edited by SpeedFlex27

2 minutes ago, SpeedFlex27 said:

Yeah, that is the uniqueness of the CFL. Good & bad. There are some Canadians who stay in the league for years underperforming. Like slotback Anthony Parker when he was with the Stamps. There are other examples of players like that. What made you decide to stick with the Bombers?

well, first and foremost, I'm a football fan and because I followed the Bombers so intently the first year I was vested... even though I wasn't crazy about Nichols, I thought as a team overall there were solid... then I got to know people like Poop and a few others thru L'Damian so it was natural to root for them... not to mention the Bombers have the coolest name and uniforms in the league... that never hurts, lol... needless to say I get a lot of looks from people when I'm out in my Bomber swag, lol...

as far as football in general? I'm a lot bigger and more avid fan of the CFL than I am the NFL... NCAA is still my go to though, love my Tigers... but I live about 90 minutes from Arrowhead, a 2 hour car ride and 4 hour flight, with layover, from Winnipeg but I've been to more Bomber games than I have Chief games, lol...

I love the small size of the league, though it would be cool if they could support 12 or so teams, but, they're easy to follow, to know all of the players, and you can watch every game every week with a small commitment of time... then the whole "CFL happens when my other football isn't" which makes it a home run too!

1 minute ago, 66 Chevelle said:

well, first and foremost, I'm a football fan and because I followed the Bombers so intently the first year I was vested... even though I wasn't crazy about Nichols, I thought as a team overall there were solid... then I got to know people like Poop and a few others thru L'Damian so it was natural to root for them... not to mention the Bombers have the coolest name and uniforms in the league... that never hurts, lol... needless to say I get a lot of looks from people when I'm out in my Bomber swag, lol...

as far as football in general? I'm a lot bigger and more avid fan of the CFL than I am the NFL... NCAA is still my go to though, love my Tigers... but I live about 90 minutes from Arrowhead, a 2 hour car ride and 4 hour flight, with layover, from Winnipeg but I've been to more Bomber games than I have Chief games, lol...

I love the small size of the league, though it would be cool if they could support 12 or so teams, but, they're easy to follow, to know all of the players, and you can watch every game every week with a small commitment of time... then the whole "CFL happens when my other football isn't" which makes it a home run too!

Well, let me be the first to welcome you into the fold here as a Bomber fan!

Just now, SpeedFlex27 said:

Well, let me be the first to welcome you into the fold here as a Bomber fan!

well, thank you very much... I like it here... it's funny though as I'm on the 'other' Bomber forum as well, and there were a lot of people that told me I'd be gone as soon as L'Damian got cut... not so much, lol...

but honestly, I didn't have a clue how the CFL worked and all of the intricate moving parts with quota, cap, etc.... you never hear about the CFL in the states and ESPN does an absolute crap job of promoting it even though they are the provider of content... pisses me off too... they'll show crap like 'spike ball' and 'corn hole championships' on their cable channels in prime time and then push the CFL off to their streaming platform where you have to pay now to watch...  cornhole? really? like that's even a sport...