Jump to content
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
Noeller

Leos @ Bombers: Week Of Thread

Recommended Posts

If eli dresses he will be in on short yardage..I sure he up to game speed and knows his position requirements now.

Even in camp he showed why he was regarded as one of the top centers in the NCAA..just was a bit rusty and aerobically not where he should be..and also was his first time playing Canadian ball so had to learn the technique for that..

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, Booch said:

If eli dresses he will be in on short yardage..I sure he up to game speed and knows his position requirements now.

Even in camp he showed why he was regarded as one of the top centers in the NCAA..just was a bit rusty and aerobically not where he should be..and also was his first time playing Canadian ball so had to learn the technique for that..

I will be watching for him to see how many Leos he puts on roller skates.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, Booch said:

If eli dresses he will be in on short yardage..I sure he up to game speed and knows his position requirements now.

Even in camp he showed why he was regarded as one of the top centers in the NCAA..just was a bit rusty and aerobically not where he should be..and also was his first time playing Canadian ball so had to learn the technique for that..

From a centre's point of view, how does the CFL game compare to the NCAA game? One yard gap must be change things quite a bit? 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, JCon said:

From a centre's point of view, how does the CFL game compare to the NCAA game? One yard gap must be change things quite a bit? 

 

The line play is a fairly significant adjustment..especially with hand fighting and being used to a guy right on u..as apposed to that yard off..seems like an insignificant thing but its not

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Booch said:

The line play is a fairly significant adjustment..especially with hand fighting and being used to a guy right on u..as apposed to that yard off..seems like an insignificant thing but its not

A lot of the linemen who have come to the CFL from the US of A have mentioned that. That  the extra man and the wider field seem to be the big adjustments but some never get it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Tougher for tackles...the first step and the angles and gap responsibilities are way different.. have to be a lot quicker and have more finesse and technical skills cause you cant get your mitts on a guy right off the snap

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Tough loss, and more turn over on the OL. But its next man up and eli is gonna be a beast in the goal line set. Its impressive how well the OL has played for so much turn over and lack of experience. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Most likely if Eli turns into the bonafide starter he should be based on his college career, be a good bet that he takes over in the middle and Couture becomes the extra guy again..Especially if Desjarlais keeps progressing and for 2020 we could see a young interior of Desjarlais and Gray flanking whoever is the better of Eli and Couture at center...and the other being the 6th..pretty good young group to move forward with and still a lot of upside even though they are handling things just fine now..so future looks really good.

Not sure of Neufelds contract status and if he signed into 2020 but I can honestly see him traded/dropped in off-season...if not even traded this year for draft pick for 2020...makes fiscal sense to roll with the young guys at cheaper cost now to allow signing/retaining other talent with Neuf's $$ and draft and develop another young O-line man and keep that pipeline flowing...not having to bring in free agent lineman at big cost, and have the ability to have good talent at entry level deals mixed in with a vet salary and recycling that process is very beneficial for our SMS

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Booch said:

Most likely if Eli turns into the bonafide starter he should be based on his college career, be a good bet that he takes over in the middle and Couture becomes the extra guy again..Especially if Desjarlais keeps progressing and for 2020 we could see a young interior of Desjarlais and Gray flanking whoever is the better of Eli and Couture at center...and the other being the 6th..pretty good young group to move forward with and still a lot of upside even though they are handling things just fine now..so future looks really good.

Not sure of Neufelds contract status and if he signed into 2020 but I can honestly see him traded/dropped in off-season...if not even traded this year for draft pick for 2020...makes fiscal sense to roll with the young guys at cheaper cost now to allow signing/retaining other talent with Neuf's $$ and draft and develop another young O-line man and keep that pipeline flowing...not having to bring in free agent lineman at big cost, and have the ability to have good talent at entry level deals mixed in with a vet salary and recycling that process is very beneficial for our SMS

a quick Neuf note that I read yesterday and forgot to post about......the team quietly mentioned yesterday that Neufeld has been placed on his second stint of 6-Game IR, but also said that he could (and likely would?) come off early......

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 hours ago, Atomic said:

If he dresses

What?

I agree with the what. I think everyone expected both to play. Gray was with the team last year already and Kongbo is considered to be NFL type material so we (I)  were all drooling over the prospects. To be fair I drooled when Chung joined the team and drooled with tears when I heard he left and I drooled when I realised the team would still roll. I think I drool too much. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Fan Boy said:

I agree with the what. I think everyone expected both to play. Gray was with the team last year already and Kongbo is considered to be NFL type material so we (I)  were all drooling over the prospects. To be fair I drooled when Chung joined the team and drooled with tears when I heard he left and I drooled when I realised the team would still roll. I think I drool too much. 

I think they are selling bibs with the Walby burger.  You can buy one for your problem...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

×
×
  • Create New...