Leos @ Bombers: Week Of Thread

Noeller

If eli dresses he will be in on short yardage..I sure he up to game speed and knows his position requirements now.

Even in camp he showed why he was regarded as one of the top centers in the NCAA..just was a bit rusty and aerobically not where he should be..and also was his first time playing Canadian ball so had to learn the technique for that..

7 minutes ago, Booch said:

If eli dresses he will be in on short yardage..I sure he up to game speed and knows his position requirements now.

Even in camp he showed why he was regarded as one of the top centers in the NCAA..just was a bit rusty and aerobically not where he should be..and also was his first time playing Canadian ball so had to learn the technique for that..

I will be watching for him to see how many Leos he puts on roller skates.

12 minutes ago, Booch said:

From a centre's point of view, how does the CFL game compare to the NCAA game? One yard gap must be change things quite a bit? 

1 hour ago, JCon said:

From a centre's point of view, how does the CFL game compare to the NCAA game? One yard gap must be change things quite a bit? 

The line play is a fairly significant adjustment..especially with hand fighting and being used to a guy right on u..as apposed to that yard off..seems like an insignificant thing but its not

1 minute ago, Booch said:

The line play is a fairly significant adjustment..especially with hand fighting and being used to a guy right on u..as apposed to that yard off..seems like an insignificant thing but its not

A lot of the linemen who have come to the CFL from the US of A have mentioned that. That  the extra man and the wider field seem to be the big adjustments but some never get it.

Most likely if Eli turns into the bonafide starter he should be based on his college career, be a good bet that he takes over in the middle and Couture becomes the extra guy again..Especially if Desjarlais keeps progressing and for 2020 we could see a young interior of Desjarlais and Gray flanking whoever is the better of Eli and Couture at center...and the other being the 6th..pretty good young group to move forward with and still a lot of upside even though they are handling things just fine now..so future looks really good.

Not sure of Neufelds contract status and if he signed into 2020 but I can honestly see him traded/dropped in off-season...if not even traded this year for draft pick for 2020...makes fiscal sense to roll with the young guys at cheaper cost now to allow signing/retaining other talent with Neuf's $$ and draft and develop another young O-line man and keep that pipeline flowing...not having to bring in free agent lineman at big cost, and have the ability to have good talent at entry level deals mixed in with a vet salary and recycling that process is very beneficial for our SMS

5 minutes ago, Booch said:

Most likely if Eli turns into the bonafide starter he should be based on his college career, be a good bet that he takes over in the middle and Couture becomes the extra guy again..Especially if Desjarlais keeps progressing and for 2020 we could see a young interior of Desjarlais and Gray flanking whoever is the better of Eli and Couture at center...and the other being the 6th..pretty good young group to move forward with and still a lot of upside even though they are handling things just fine now..so future looks really good.

Not sure of Neufelds contract status and if he signed into 2020 but I can honestly see him traded/dropped in off-season...if not even traded this year for draft pick for 2020...makes fiscal sense to roll with the young guys at cheaper cost now to allow signing/retaining other talent with Neuf's $$ and draft and develop another young O-line man and keep that pipeline flowing...not having to bring in free agent lineman at big cost, and have the ability to have good talent at entry level deals mixed in with a vet salary and recycling that process is very beneficial for our SMS

a quick Neuf note that I read yesterday and forgot to post about......the team quietly mentioned yesterday that Neufeld has been placed on his second stint of 6-Game IR, but also said that he could (and likely would?) come off early......

17 hours ago, Atomic said:

If he dresses

What?

I agree with the what. I think everyone expected both to play. Gray was with the team last year already and Kongbo is considered to be NFL type material so we (I)  were all drooling over the prospects. To be fair I drooled when Chung joined the team and drooled with tears when I heard he left and I drooled when I realised the team would still roll. I think I drool too much. 

3 hours ago, Fan Boy said:

I agree with the what. I think everyone expected both to play. Gray was with the team last year already and Kongbo is considered to be NFL type material so we (I)  were all drooling over the prospects. To be fair I drooled when Chung joined the team and drooled with tears when I heard he left and I drooled when I realised the team would still roll. I think I drool too much. 

I think they are selling bibs with the Walby burger.  You can buy one for your problem...