Leos @ Bombers: Week Of Thread

Noeller

7 hours ago, johnzo said:

I have heard the players -- the people actually putting their bodies on the line for our entertainment -- appreciate how cagey MOS is with injury information ... and if the players are good with it, then I'm good with it.

Why should the players control the message? What possible advantage would that give to any player that's hurt? If a player is injured then say what the injury is like the Cats did with Masoli. Torn ACL. Out for the season. CFL teams used to be very open & transparent about injuries to players & how long they'd be out of action. They're professional athletes. Injuries are part of the game & there's no reason to keep injuries a secret.

2 hours ago, 66 Chevelle said:

we barely beat BC the first time around... it was a close game and real tight still midway thru the 3rd quarter...

Yes it was close at the half.

We've got the better team. We:re playing at home. They're playing on a shorter week....still...I hope we don't flub this one and take them lightly. Reilly is getting more time to throw. And we haven't exactly been lighting it up the last 3 games.

I'd like to see Nichols open up the passing attack and the offense score early and often.

Just now, blueingreenland said:

Yes it was close at the half.

We've got the better team. We:re playing at home. They're playing on a shorter week....still...I hope we don't flub this one and take them lightly. Reilly is getting more time to throw. And we haven't exactly been lighting it up the last 3 games.

I'd like to see Nichols open up the passing attack and the offense score early and often.

BC is gonna be hungry coming off that close lose and with an early end to their play off hopes near. We better not play down to them. 

I expect both our lines to feast on the bc lines. The score might be close ish but I think the level of play will be one sided in our favor. 

Probably stating the obvious here, but the next 4 games are critical for our playoff push. Win all and we will stand at 10-2 after Banjo Bowl - with season-series against Leos, Esks and Riders all wrap up. 

Of course, the mantra is 1 game at a time, but as a fan, it's not easy not to look ahead on this glorious opportunity.

11 hours ago, SpeedFlex27 said:

Why should the players control the message? What possible advantage would that give to any player that's hurt? If a player is injured then say what the injury is like the Cats did with Masoli. Torn ACL. Out for the season. CFL teams used to be very open & transparent about injuries to players & how long they'd be out of action. They're professional athletes. Injuries are part of the game & there's no reason to keep injuries a secret.

Why do you care?

On 2019-08-12 at 7:04 PM, Mr Dee said:

Caught Mr. LaPolice doing a check down of  luggage today...Wpg. Airport

I think he took the bag himself because I didn’t see Harris anywhere around..

Any truth to the rumor that he dinks and dunks his way across the country instead of taking one long flight?

Reilly is operating on a bad pin....We know running is a big part of his game so I would think he'll sit in the pocket.....IF we blitz continually and are on our game.....oh my...He could be one battered qb. by the end of this one.....There's a few of our D Line guys licking their chops at the prospect of upping their sack total

23 minutes ago, Stickem said:

Reilly is operating on a bad pin....We know running is a big part of his game so I would think he'll sit in the pocket.....IF we blitz continually and are on our game.....oh my...He could be one battered qb. by the end of this one.....There's a few of our D Line guys licking their chops at the prospect of upping their sack total

I hope they rush 3 or 4 for the most part - Reilly was finding plenty of intermediate receivers against Hamilton - those routes will be open if the Bombers blitz. 

6 minutes ago, Mark H. said:

I hope they rush 3 or 4 for the most part - Reilly was finding plenty of intermediate receivers against Hamilton - those routes will be open if the Bombers blitz. 

I was very happy to see them sending 3 on 2nd down last week. Seemed to get similar pressure but better coverage downfield. 

26 minutes ago, Nash00 said:

Bought mine yesterday😀

Also, after seeing that Walby burger on Twitter I am so glad I have tickets to the game tomorrow. Not because I want to eat it, but so I don't have to hear Rod ramble on about it ad nauseum for 4 quarters.

Whoever informs Rod Black about the existence of the Walby burger - has no soul.