Leos @ Bombers: Week Of Thread

Noeller

27 minutes ago, Floyd said:

If there's any game for Nichols to break out of his 'check down' routine, it is this one... their DBs - aside from Grymes - are terrible and/or tuned out

Our DL should be in Reilly's face all game - Bighill will not let White have the same game he had against Hammie

TJ Lee is good too

30 minutes ago, rebusrankin said:

One thing that will be interesting will be the return game. Grant was lights out last game and BC has struggled covering returns all season, especially in their past 3 games.

The BC special teams coordinator used to do a boot camp training program some friends of my wife's convinced her to go do, she was most upset when I pointed out that the BC special teams were garbage.

1 hour ago, Brandon said:

How many TD's did our O generate last game? 

Who saved our butts in the 4th quarter with a timely interception?     

called a team win...each part picking the other up ...tho would like to see offence score a TD or 2...still won...just like games where defense gives up over 25 and the offence and or ST picks up the slack and scores more

52 minutes ago, Booch said:

called a team win...each part picking the other up ...tho would like to see offence score a TD or 2...still won...just like games where defense gives up over 25 and the offence and or ST picks up the slack and scores more

8 games in we've given up 25 once, loss vs Toronto.

Nobody should have any concerns about the D.

7 minutes ago, JuranBoldenRules said:

8 games in we've given up 25 once, loss vs Toronto.

Nobody should have any concerns about the D.

I have lots of concerns about the D. There's just way too many times where people are WIDE open in the second level because they blitzed the house and didn't get home, so there's nobody back to cover receivers. Saw that way too many times. It's odd, because there's times they look like world beaters on D, and there's times it looks like Jim Daley's D....

1 hour ago, 17to85 said:

The BC special teams coordinator used to do a boot camp training program some friends of my wife's convinced her to go do, she was most upset when I pointed out that the BC special teams were garbage.

You are a foolhardy man.

5 hours ago, SpeedFlex27 said:

How many years has he been in the league? Almost a decade & since he was acquired from the Riders in late 2013 he's only played 2 full seasons. (One for sure. Not certain it's been two). This year, he disappeared the first day of training camp & his injury as well as possible return has been shrouded in mystery. He's missed more games than he played. That's being injury prone.

Nuefeld's played regular-season games beginning in 2011.

2011 - 17 / 18
2012 - 17 / 18
2013 - 3 / 18
2014 - 8 / 18
2015 - 12 / 18
2016 - 7 / 18
2017 - 18 / 18
2018 - 18 / 18
2019 - 0 / 8
Total (100 / 152)

He's been dressed for about 65% of games, so not the best, but still more than 50%. For comparative purposes only, Pierce started 67 of a possible 125 games (53.6%) during his tenure here. As others have mentioned...the fact Neufeld is often "hidden" on the IR likely makes his starting % a bit worse than it actually is.

18 minutes ago, Eternal optimist said:

2011 - 17 / 18
2012 - 17 / 18
2013 - 3 / 18
2014 - 8 / 18
2015 - 12 / 18
2016 - 7 / 18
2017 - 18 / 18
2018 - 18 / 18
2019 - 0 / 8
Total (100 / 152)

He's been dressed for about 65% of games, so not the best, but still more than 50%. For comparative purposes only, Pierce started 67 of a possible 125 games (53.6%) during his tenure here. As others have mentioned...the fact Neufeld is often "hidden" on the IR likely makes his starting % a bit worse than it actually is.

He's missed nearly 3 seasons.

2 hours ago, Eternal optimist said:

2011 - 17 / 18
2012 - 17 / 18
2013 - 3 / 18
2014 - 8 / 18
2015 - 12 / 18
2016 - 7 / 18
2017 - 18 / 18
2018 - 18 / 18
2019 - 0 / 8
Total (100 / 152)

Wasnt he a back up for most of those first two years too?

1 hour ago, M.O.A.B. said:

So if Speller is not good to go this week, maybe we are going to see Tui as the 6th OL.

and Walters need to pick up a Cdn OL on PR.

Little by little our IR is getting crowded.

Tough year for healthy. Finding decent NI ol mid season is hard. Is spooner still with edm? Maybe oullete de carlo or Koczwara? Or see if Dumouchel wants to try now. 

6 minutes ago, wbbfan said:

Wasnt he a back up for most of those first two years too?

Tough year for healthy. Finding decent NI ol mid season is hard. Is spooner still with edm? Maybe oullete de carlo or Koczwara? Or see if Dumouchel wants to try now. 

Well, 2013 was when we acquired him, and he was injured then. So although he has missed a lot of time, considering what we gave up (a bolting Alex Hall and a 2014 2nd round pick), we still came out on top I think. Was the beginning of rebuilding a porous O-line. Like your new profile pic btw.

3 hours ago, M.O.A.B. said:

So if Speller is not good to go this week, maybe we are going to see Tui as the 6th OL.

and Walters need to pick up a Cdn OL on PR.

Little by little our IR is getting crowded.

According to O'Shea Neufeld made an appearance at practice today although not a full participant, not likely he'd be ready for this weekend but perhaps the game after if all goes well.  I think he's coming off surgery but have no evidence.

8 hours ago, Throw Long Bannatyne said:

According to O'Shea Neufeld made an appearance at practice today although not a full participant, not likely he'd be ready for this weekend but perhaps the game after if all goes well.  I think he's coming off surgery but have no evidence.

It's idiotic that the Bombers are so tight lipped about player injuries. The NFL literally mandates teams to release injury lists each week (big gambling and fantasy football business to support). Also keeps the fans engaged. You know, the people who make this professional sport possible by buying tickets, merchandise and paying for cable TV. What purpose does hiding injuries serve the Bombers? Does O'Shea honestly think that other teams have a white board where they would track the bodily location of injuries for players so they could "target" them when they returned? He played the game. He should know better. 

actually...Oshea was a hardnosed mean sob of a player who would do that actually...hahaha...so maybe his tendency to be very evasive

Look at Simoni Lawrence last game vs B.C...Deliberately tried to make that injury to Reilly worse..total indicator that he is a dirty P.O.S and if you ask me eye in sky should have penalized that..he was literally trying to take him out

Edited by Booch

11 minutes ago, Booch said:

actually...Oshea was a hardnosed mean sob of a player who would do that actually...hahaha...so maybe his tendency to be very evasive

Ha! He was a mean SOB on the field! How about I put it this way - the players already know who is injured and what their injury is. They know it the moment the player goes down. They hear about other players injuries in practice from other players, coaches, in the league. The can see a player favoring a body part immediately. So, again, who is O'Shea protecting by telling the fans "lower body" and "needs more time"? Everyone in the league knew Oliveira broke his ankle, or Masoli tore his ACL. Why hide it from fans who just want to be more engaged with their teams? And has this type of disclosure impacted the level of play or player safety at all in the NFL? No. 

27 minutes ago, Booch said:

Look at Simoni Lawrence last game vs B.C...Deliberately tried to make that injury to Reilly worse..total indicator that he is a dirty P.O.S and if you ask me eye in sky should have penalized that..he was literally trying to take him out

I agree on Lawrence....BUT remember back when the opposition was literally trying to take Buck out in the same fashion...Nothing done then and I doubt nothing will occur now with regard to Reilly...AND SO IT GOES

10 hours ago, Throw Long Bannatyne said:

According to mos, neufeld was gonna be ready for the first preseason game. 🤣

12 hours ago, Eternal optimist said:

Well, 2013 was when we acquired him, and he was injured then. So although he has missed a lot of time, considering what we gave up (a bolting Alex Hall and a 2014 2nd round pick), we still came out on top I think. Was the beginning of rebuilding a porous O-line. Like your new profile pic btw.

No doubt it was a tremendous value especially with our drafting prior to walters n co. Yeah he did. Thanks.