Lions @ Tiger-Cats

Zontar

26 minutes ago, Ripper said:

Grow up.  If that return happened against you guys last night you would be losing it.  This cannot continue, it is making the league look really bad. This league has struggled to shake the bush league appearance ever since I have watched it. A team lost a grey cup a couple years ago on a illegal block call. Now we just aren't going to call it at all??  Just let it be a freeforall out there.  That head shot on Adams last week against Ottawa is another one, this crap needs to end

There have been crap calls in the cfl since it started..... but only the rider fans turn it into a conspiracy against their team.   

5 minutes ago, Eternal optimist said:

Sure... there will definitely be some cases where coaches may burn a challenge to calm things down. You can almost always find a holding or illegal block on most kick return plays... personally, I think it'd be best if they did it for a specific player, similar to how pass interference is called.

I just find it interesting that even the rule book itself is stacked against coverage teams like that, puts them at a big disadvantage when there is a missed call.

I agree with you on this. The worst one though is when its the first guy down field, how does a ref miss that??  If its way across the field and not relevant then don't call it.  The returns do add to the excitement of the game and how many times have all of us stood up and not cheered on a return td because we were looking to see if there was a flag on the field. That on last night...  Wow

5 minutes ago, NorthernSkunk said:

PS..we have a parade to plan we don't have time to worry about the refs.... we are simply gonna beat anyone who gets in our way this year.

I would actually be super happy for the friends of mine who are long time Bomber fans. They have stood by the team for many years and deserve a good old fashioned we won the cup drunk that lasts a couple days. Obviously I would rather we won it ourselves but don't assume other teams wouldn't be happy for the Bombers to win it. And my comments you keep referring to are about a certain qb that won't be named, whom I am not much of a fan of. So feel free to sign up at Riderfans and debate about it there, because I will not do it here

Given that holding is an optional penalty when it's offense vs. defense why are we getting so worked up over missed calls on returns? I mean cripes offside is iffy too, watching the Riders and Als the other night it sure looked like the Rider ends were moving early a ton and never got called and it was those plays that got the Riders their points. 

Shitty reffing is just a fact of life in the CFL. 

We got absolutely boned against Toronto on a poor 3rd down spot that kept the Argos going too. At the end of the year the bad calls even themselves out because the refs are bad for everyone. 

3 hours ago, Ripper said:

I would actually be super happy for the friends of mine who are long time Bomber fans. They have stood by the team for many years and deserve a good old fashioned we won the cup drunk that lasts a couple days. Obviously I would rather we won it ourselves but don't assume other teams wouldn't be happy for the Bombers to win it. And my comments you keep referring to are about a certain qb that won't be named, whom I am not much of a fan of. So feel free to sign up at Riderfans and debate about it there, because I will not do it here

I tried riderfans all ready.  And I was very well behaved,  but they could not handle the conversation so they simply booted me rather than try.   

Yes I have seen your QB comments.... I was referring to things you said about Bomber fans as a whole which I did not think were fair.... especially when we aren't allowed to respond to the comments over there. ..... Oh well that is how this internet social media stuff works so I will learn to live with it.  

Good luck with your season,  I just hope we finish ahead of you.

8 hours ago, NorthernSkunk said:

Is there not a hold somewhere on the field every play..... and after reading his posts on riderfans about the fans here I really don't care what he has to say.

It’s true that they are letting more blatant holds go than they used to. 

In other news, life is better when you don’t read RF.