Redblacks @ Eskimos

Zontar

17 minutes ago, Mark F said:

All teams using dink and dunk this season

I was thinking about that today. Maybe the hall defense and plop offense is just how the game in CFL is gonna be played under this set of rules and enforcement. 

Not a thought I relish. I feel like the core of the old west coast style of offense is gone and the maligned bones remain. 

2 hours ago, Mr. Perfect said:

Despite it getting wiped out on the holding call on Gable, that decision to go for the kill shot as Edmonton did there is something Lapo and Nichols would never have the balls to even dream of.

Maas looked like he was going to explode when the TD was called back throwing some paper & swearing profusely on the sidelines. He grabbed his headset & I thought he was going to destroy them thus breaking his promise of acting more like a professional. I'm thinking, "Throw them! C'mon, throw them". But you could see he thought better & restrained himself. That was the funniest thing I saw yesterday. #jasonmaasvolcanonearly erupts

50 minutes ago, Doublezero said:

I can't see Bombers hapless offence doing much against Edmonton's D.  Maas says he's got the best D in the league and the little prick isn't exaggerating.

They did enough to beat them once already. 

honestly I don't know how people can watch last nights game and be worried about the Edmonton defense. Davis and the Ottawa offense ain't that great and they had some successes. 

11 hours ago, Brandon said:

I'm not a huge Harris fan at all (flakey when times get tough,  not good in cold weather,  apparently a bad team mate)   but unquestionable he's a better qb then Nichols is.   He is able to go through more then one read and able to throw the ball down the field.    

Nichols in the last 3 weeks has been better then who ?  Pipkin and Jennings... hardly anything to brag about.    Fajardo is even better which is sad.  

Believe what you want about Nichols but I’ll take wins over individual stats all day long. 

53 minutes ago, 17to85 said:

They did enough to beat them once already. 

honestly I don't know how people can watch last nights game and be worried about the Edmonton defense. Davis and the Ottawa offense ain't that great and they had some successes. 

That last RB drive was a thing of beauty, if Davis ever gets a firm grip on the mental side of the QB position and is provided good protection look out, he is the most naturally athletic QB currently playing in the CFL IMO.  Kind of funny, while the rest of the league was fighting over Franklin, the Bombers were busy kicking Davis out the back door of their shack.

8 minutes ago, Throw Long Bannatyne said:

That last RB drive was a thing of beauty, if Davis ever gets a firm grip on the mental side of the QB position and is provided good protection look out, he is the most naturally athletic QB currently playing in the CFL IMO.  Kind of funny, while the rest of the league was fighting over Franklin, the Bombers were busy kicking Davis out the back door of their shack.

So did the QB factory we call the Calgary stampeders.  Obviously Huff and Dickenson didn’t see enough to keep him around. 

1 minute ago, B-F-F-C said:

So did the QB factory we call the Calgary stampeders.  Obviously Huff and Dickenson didn’t see enough to keep him around. 

1 minute ago, B-F-F-C said:

And sometimes players mature after a couple of setbacks.

34 minutes ago, Tracker said:

And sometimes players mature after a couple of setbacks.

I understand that completely but I was just responding to the OP who was inferring that the bombers management made a mistake in letting Davis go. I just wanted to point out that we weren’t the only team to give up on him. 

10 minutes ago, B-F-F-C said:

I understand that completely but I was just responding to the OP who was inferring that the bombers management made a mistake in letting Davis go. I just wanted to point out that we weren’t the only team to give up on him. 

You'd hope after almost 6 years in the league he could go out on the field & play. Is he great? Nope & probably never will be.

9 hours ago, SpeedFlex27 said:

Maas looked like he was going to explode when the TD was called back throwing some paper & swearing profusely on the sidelines. He grabbed his headset & I thought he was going to destroy them thus breaking his promise of acting more like a professional. I'm thinking, "Throw them! C'mon, throw them". 

I too was hoping for that.

most dislike able coach I have ever seen.

19 minutes ago, SpeedFlex27 said:

You'd hope after almost 6 years in the league he could go out on the field & play. Is he great? Nope & probably never will be.

Hard to say, this year should be the determining factor with the amount of playing time he's receiving, this is it, he either grabs the bull and rides it now or he doesn't.  Even if he doesn't remain a starter I think he's shown enough that he should be able to hang around the league for 3 or 4 more years as a competent backup in various outposts.