Jerks vs. Larks

johnzo

11 hours ago, Steve Fanitage said:

Really? Because in the thread on Rider Fans there is post after post of people who are feeling pretty good about it. Some even delusionally believe the Riders have been so hard done by in the past they were somehow owed this. It's actually pretty pathetic. 

I disagree with your post. I am over on the Rider site quite often and while there were 1 or maybe 2 that said what you imply the majority of them just said it was the rule and they would take the win. Just as we bomber fans would. Are there delusional fans on that board - heck yes - are there delusional fans on this site - heck yes. You will find these folks on any fan board. It was not post after post as you imply.  

13 minutes ago, JuranBoldenRules said:

Time limit seems too short.  Think it should just be if they can't play by midnight local it's called, provided the team with the lead is up by 17+.  Otherwise they need to figure out how to resume the game the next day.  Most stadiums would not be booked.

I don't think the CFLPA would ever go for that, from my understanding a lot of players are so beaten up after games they can barely move the next day. 

16 hours ago, Noeller said:

"No Lead Is Safe" (....except if there's a bit of lightning...)

I remember us missing the playoffs for about 55 years in a row.  Couple extra ok maybe 10 whiskey's of Gimli origin, and we grabbed a rain coat and went to the game.  Now the fans are going to say maybe we should stay home, it might rain and they will cancel the game.