Jerks vs. Larks

johnzo

Can someone explain to me why they couldnt' delay it longer?  Wasn't the lightning game in Winnipeg a few years back played until 1 AM ?  

As for the game itself Pipkin succccccccks,  Brandon Bridge is better then that.   

Riders did not look great,  also gifted several non penalty calls.  On the Fajardo 20 yard run they had such a blatant hold / face mask with zero call.  Why can't the eye in the sky call the obvious ones? 

This reeks of TSN's influence.  The longer they have to wait it out the higher the production costs for tv and they don't want their crew waiting longer than they need to.  Plus they would be splitting their CFL audience in two with 2 games occurring simultaneously for an hour or so.

There is a desperate need for competition for tv rights when the contract is up in 2 years.

Edited by blueandgoldguy

I’m not fond of this rule at all.   It just has too many possible ramifications.  

Imagine a game in the final seconds, and you need a chip-shot field goal for the win, but just as Medlock is trotting out, there is a distant flash of lightening.   We head to the locker room, only to lose an hour later, never being given the chance to kick the ball. 

Now imagine that this  determines a playoff sport, or worse, was a playoff game.

That being said, I was one of the guys at the very long Bomber-Eskie game that stayed to the end.   I have a quirk in my personality to see things through to the finish.  

1 hour ago, Ripper said:

As they should be.  No one is happy about this

Really? Because in the thread on Rider Fans there is post after post of people who are feeling pretty good about it. Some even delusionally believe the Riders have been so hard done by in the past they were somehow owed this. It's actually pretty pathetic. 

30 minutes ago, Steve Fanitage said:

Really? Because in the thread on Rider Fans there is post after post of people who are feeling pretty good about it. Some even delusionally believe the Riders have been so hard done by in the past they were somehow owed this. It's actually pretty pathetic. 

Ok so some people are ok with it and the entire fan base is delusional????  What is pathetic is posts like yours, you make the entire fan base of the Bombers look bad. Do you speak for all Bomber fans??

34 minutes ago, rebusrankin said:

How much of the game has to be played? Hypothetically could a team score a fg on their first drive and then there is a severe weather delay and after one hour they get a win?

TSN said that the minimum is the mid point of the 3rd quarter.    One of the problems that I have with this is that i’ve Seen some games where a strong wind is a significant factor, so having an imbalance in time played with the wind could be quite unjust. 

Edited by Jaxon
Spelling

1 hour ago, blueandgoldguy said:

This reeks of TSN's influence.  The longer they have to wait it out the higher the production costs for tv and they don't want their crew waiting longer than they need to.  Plus they would be splitting their CFL audience in two with 2 games occurring simultaneously for an hour or so.

There is a desperate need for competition for tv rights when the contract is up in 2 years.

This rule has been negotiated into the new CBA which I find incredible. This isn't TSN. It's the CFL & CFLPA.

25 minutes ago, Ripper said:

Ok so some people are ok with it and the entire fan base is delusional????  What is pathetic is posts like yours, you make the entire fan base of the Bombers look bad. Do you speak for all Bomber fans??

Regardless of fan base, every cohort has its share of jerks. For example, Philadelphia Eagles fans have a terrible reputation for things like cheering opposing player injuries, and booing Santa. By no means does it mean every Eagles fan is inherently a jerk, it just means they are unjustly perceived as such.

I love the CFL but I was pretty embarrassed to hear the game was called. 

If your team is playing with a potential of a storm nearby, do you now change your strategy to try to constantly be aggressive and in the lead? Montreal had a lot of time left on the clock to work their way back and never saw that chance. What a ripoff. The league should be ashamed. 

So in cases where severe weather is threatening, it's going to become important to get the lead and hold it during the third quarter.  That means that teams are going to have to keep one eye on the clock and the score and another eye on the weather conditions.   So every team is going to have to find a version of this guy:

MV5BMTIwMjA5ODc4Nl5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTYwNDEw