It's time to hand the ball to Streveler.

White Out

I'm expecting much more interceptions but if he's pushing the ball down the field and our guys are at least making some of those 50/50 balls then I think we should be fine. 

It's unfortunate for him that his first game will be against the best defense in the league,   it would of been nice if he could shake off the rust against a more crap defense.

while I know that what you are capable of doing in college doesn't necessarily translate to the pros, but... Streveler's acheivements alone in his senior season should make you think that the guy can't be too bad...

Phil Steele’s FCS Offensive Player of the Year 

College Sports Madness' Offensive Player of the Year 

runner-up for the Walter Payton Award given to the top offensive player in FCS football

first-team all-American quarterback by Phil Steele, the Associated Press, and HERO Sports

only quarterback named to the Walter Camp FCS All-America Team  

second-team all-American by STATS

became the first Coyote to be named Missouri Valley Football Conference Offensive Player of the Year and earned first-team all-MVFC honors

one of 49 players selected to the FCS Athletics Directors Association Academic All-Star Team

named to the MVFC all-academic team

led the nation’s second-ranked offense which set an MVFC record by averaging 523.6 yards per game

set 20 program records and five MVFC records including new marks for passing yards (4,134) and total offense (4,854)  

accounted for 43 touchdowns – 32 passing and 11 rushing – and led the nation in total offense while taking on one of the toughest schedules in the country

in essentially 12 games, faced eight top-25 opponents and one FBS foe, five opponents were ranked in the top 10

completed the eighth-most prolific season in FCS history in terms of total offense

was the only quarterback in the nation who ranked in the top 10 in each of the following categories: passing yards (2nd, 4,134), total touchdowns (3rd, 43), touchdown/interception ratio (3rd, 4:1), completion percentage (8th, 65.7 percent) and pass efficiency ratio (8th, 156.5)

committed just eight turnovers in 481 pass attempts and 168 rushes

passed for 378 yards and four touchdowns in a 38-31 road win at No. 22 Nicholls in the Coyotes’ FCS playoff debut (11/25)  

passed for a USD and FCS playoff record 520 yards while accounting for six touchdowns (5 pass, 1 run) in the round of 16 against No. 5 Sam Houston State (12/2)  and accounted for 571 yards in that game, which is also a FCS playoff record

set USD records for completions (39) and attempts (63) while passing for 440 yards against No. 24 Illinois State (10/21)  

also surpassed 400 yards against UNI (11/4)

passed for 306 yards, ran for 119 yard and accounted for four touchdowns in the team’s upset of FBS Bowling Green (9/9)

threw for 248 yards and accounted for six touchdowns (5 passing) in one half in the season opener at Drake (9/2)

earned MVFC Player of the Week awards three times (Drake, Bowling Green, Indiana State), and National Player of the Week twice (Bowling Green, Indiana State) ... MVFC Honor Roll member

18 hours ago, 17to85 said:

Yeah the usual suspects are predictable, but I'd say most of us on this site are just excited by the guy because of what he's shown us already. 

"Cautious optimism" is the word of the day here. It may be my imagination, but the offensive players look like they wake up when Streveler comes in. With Nichols, unless it it is a Harris running play, the attitude seems to be, "ho hum-here's another six yard pass".

• 3 weeks later...
On 2019-08-15 at 7:08 AM, Eternal optimist said:

Was working with someone at elections and she was showing me pictures of her daughter and there's one of her at a Bomber game on TV.

Then she shows me another one. The one above.

I yell out, I know her! She's like you know my daughter? I said no but this picture is the feature picture on the YouTube video of the game.

I go on YT and type Blue Bombers and sure enough it's the first video. I show it to her and she starts laughing and texting her daughter she's on YouTube.

Edited by FrostyWinnipeg

34 minutes ago, FrostyWinnipeg said:

Was working with someone at elections and she was showing me pictures of her daughter and there's one of her at a Bomber game on TV.

Then she shows me another one. The one above.

I yell out, I know her! She's like you know my daughter? I said no but this picture is the feature picture on the YouTube video of the game.

I go on YT and type Blue Bombers and sure enough it's the first video. I show it to her and she starts laughing and texting her daughter she's on YouTube.

I assume you got some phone numbers ?