It's time to hand the ball to Streveler.

White Out

So I went back and looked at Streveler's 4 starts last season. Yeah, the 1-3 record is a concern but if you look at the stats

63 for 101 passing (62.4%) for 760 passing yards, 7 td passes and 2 interceptions.

32 rushing attempts for 259 yards (8.1 ypr) with three rushing tds.

So basically 190 yards passing a game and 65 yards rushing a game with roughly 3 tds scored per game.

30+56+17+24 so 127 points scored so 31.8 ppg and if you take out the Montreal domination, its still 71 points or 24 ppg.

39 minutes ago, rebusrankin said:

So I went back and looked at Streveler's 4 starts last season. Yeah, the 1-3 record is a concern but if you look at the stats

63 for 101 passing (62.4%) for 760 passing yards, 7 td passes and 2 interceptions.

So basically 190 yards passing a game and 65 yards rushing a game with roughly 3 tds scored per game.

30+56+17+24 so 127 points scored so 31.8 ppg and if you take out the Montreal domination, its still 71 points or 24 ppg.

We can win with those numbers.

And you have to remember.. he was starting after basically 3 weeks exposure to the CFL game...he isnt green now and has seen the things that were new to him then.

I bet against the esks we go back to lots of misdirection..he throws for just over 200 yards with 2 tds and a pick..and runs for close to 80 with a TD

The Bombers may face an interesting dilemma in time. If the offence takes off under Streveler, what will they do with Nichols? There is an understanding that a starter does not lose his job due to injury, but this is not iron-clad (Hello Zach Collaros). Hmmmmm...

6 minutes ago, Tracker said:

The Bombers may face an interesting dilemma in time. If the offence takes off under Streveler, what will they do with Nichols? There is an understanding that a starter does not lose his job due to injury, but this is not iron-clad (Hello Zach Collaros). Hmmmmm...

Knowing Mos, it's probably pretty damn close to Iron-clad

16 minutes ago, Tracker said:

That’s easy. I believe both are FA after this year, so....

Re-sign Streveler at all costv then... offer backup role for Nichols, if he refused, moved on from him.  

But that’s IF Streveler live up to the hype.  

Edited by M.O.A.B.

Thing is with Strev..even if he is just adequate..and doesnt set world on fire if he is able to make all throws..shows he can sit in pocket to let things develop if need be as well as take off..progress through reads but has hiccups due to at times seeing things for the first ..and inexperience...but shows he has learned my limiting them next time...then that's the sign we need to see. 

You extent him with a healthy base and bonus and playtime incentives.. you cant not do that...cause by all accounts.. and watching some interviews with his college coach..he's an unreal leader and highly intelligent...

Aren't some of you putting the cart before the horse here with Streveler?  Some of you are  making it seem like the guy is a Can't Miss prospect. Like it's going to be so easy for him. I say, before we annoint him The Next One we wait to see how he handles being the starter & all the pressures & expectations that go with it. I'm not willing to say he's a slam dunk starter yet.  He has to earn everything he gets. He's going to struggle. Let's just hold off on the coronation yet. We've seen lots of Can't Miss guys play themselves right out of the CFL.

Just now, SpeedFlex27 said:

Aren't some of you putting the cart before the horse here with Streveler?  Some of you are  making it seem like the guy is a Can't Miss prospect. Like it's going to be so easy for him. I say, before we annoint him The Next One we wait to see how he handles being the starter & all the pressures & expectations that go with it. I'm not willing to say he's a slam dunk starter yet.  He has to earn everything he gets. He's going to struggle. Let's just hold off on the coronation yet. We've seen lots of Can't Miss guys play themselves right out of the CFL.

He is a guy with all kinds of tools and intangibles, and he showed well as a rookie. I think we are allowed to be positive about the guy. 

3 minutes ago, 17to85 said:

He is a guy with all kinds of tools and intangibles, and he showed well as a rookie. I think we are allowed to be positive about the guy. 

Yes, but he is going to struggle at times. The question is for how long & how he handles it? As well as how much help LaPo will give him. Young qbs have a tendency sometimes to bog down with the workload suddenly piling up on his shoulders. The other thing that is a concern is that if he struggles how fast will his supporters today turn on him demanding McGuire start as we've seen it all before. I just hope all this optimism doesn't turn into anger & frustration if things don't go well.

37 minutes ago, SpeedFlex27 said:

Yes, but he is going to struggle at times. The question is for how long & how he handles it? As well as how much help LaPo will give him. Young qbs have a tendency sometimes to bog down with the workload suddenly piling up on his shoulders. The other thing that is a concern is that if he struggles how fast will his supporters today turn on him demanding McGuire start as we've seen it all before. I just hope all this optimism doesn't turn into anger & frustration if things don't go well.

And you do know the position and your not being negative. If he does well, great. If he doesn’t meet the huge expectations, your saying it’s ok. I get it. 

52 minutes ago, SpeedFlex27 said:

Well I for one won't turn on the guy, but I do believe that he has a pretty high ceiling, just a matter of getting him to reach it. 

I think Streveler will do well... I think one of those intangibles that he has going for him is the chemistry with the team that most back ups don't really get the chance to establish... most back ups may come in for the short yardage package and run one play and then back off the field...  Streveler gets a lot more playing time than your traditional back up and for that reason I think that the team will actually trust him more so than say, Dom or LeFevour in seasons past.  Nichols' and Streveler's relationship on the sidelines seems very strong and I think everyone sees that.  Also, Streveler is a good team mate and very vocal in cheering on the team... it's not unusual to see him high five-ing team mates coming off the field, O or D, for a series or play well done... And of course, Streveler plays really hard when on the field and has a overall great attitude about his role, and it's very evident...

Sure, that has nothing to do with him reading a D, throwing a ball, or making a good decision, but, it does have a lot to do with how his team mates perceive and accept him coming in as QB1.  Streveler's hard work and great attitude has prepared him and the team for this day... I don't think you'll see the let down in play that you do at times when a back up is thrust into the starting role... you have to believe that much like the fans, team mates too get concerned when a back up comes in, no, they won't say it publicly, but it's there... over all I think that the team will still believe that they can and should win games even without Nichols... the mental game is a big part of executing, as long as Streveler doesn't go out there and crap the bed early and often, I think you'll see little let down moving forward with Streveler... 

I honestly don’t see the downside -we all wanted to see what streveler could do, we were all meh on the Nichols/Lapo offence and at 7-2 we’ve basically made the playoffs already...  

if streveler looks good, we’ve developed a QB for the first time in forever... if he sucks - no one will boo Nichols when he returns ha - win. Win.

1 hour ago, Floyd said:

I honestly don’t see the downside -we all wanted to see what streveler could do, we were all meh on the Nichols/Lapo offence and at 7-2 we’ve basically made the playoffs already...  

if streveler looks good, we’ve developed a QB for the first time in forever... if he sucks - no one will boo Nichols when he returns ha - win. Win.

Then they'll be demanding McGuire. LOL.

18 hours ago, rebusrankin said:

Not to mention that we should’ve won the first Edmonton game and the second Edmonton game was a glorified preseason game. 

8 hours ago, Floyd said:

You shut your damn mouth!