It's time to hand the ball to Streveler.

White Out

6 minutes ago, 17to85 said:

He didn't look lost, he made one bad throw (to an open receiver mind you), otherwise he never got a real offense. Lapo treats him like a running back not a quarterback. If he has to start I would expect him to look a lot better because he (unless Lapo is even dumber than I think) will get a more robust playbook to work with. 

Hope you're right. But don't you think it's already stupid to treat Streveler that way if that is the case? I can't see LaPo doing that. It just makes no sense. Streveler goes to the same meetings Nichols does. He watches the same videos Nichols does. Breaks down the same defense Nichols does. Has the same playbook Nichols has. Yes, maybe Streveler has set plays he will run but he is expected to know that playbook cold.

Edited by SpeedFlex27

1 minute ago, SpeedFlex27 said:

Hope you're right. But don't you think it's already stupid to treat Streveler that way if that is the case? I can't see LaPo doing that. It just makes no sense. Streveler goes to the same meetings Nichols does. he watches the same videos Nichols does. Breaks down the same defense Nichols does. Has the same playbook Nichols has. Yes, maybe he has set plays Streveler will run but he is expected to know that playbook cold.

It is stupid, but Lapo is his own worst enemy, and there is a reason I do not like him at all as offensive coordinator. He is the biggest thing holding this team back. Smartest guy in the room syndrome

Just now, 17to85 said:

It is stupid, but Lapo is his own worst enemy, and there is a reason I do not like him at all as offensive coordinator. He is the biggest thing holding this team back. Smartest guy in the room syndrome

We really saw it on display tonite in the second quarter. Our O was pouring it on& he decided to kill it.

On 2019-08-15 at 12:03 AM, 17to85 said:

The best thing about Streveler is the attitude. That guy is a warrior and I hope Lapo doesn't neuter him. 

He showed it tonight when he tackled the guy he gave up the int to. He didn't just hang his head and forget about the play...he went after the guy and laid a lick on him.

Not quite sure he's ready to lead but it looks like he's going to get the chance to make his case

Edited by Deiter Fan

1 hour ago, B-F-F-C said:

go check out Strev's stat line

you act like I was dissing Nichols or calling for Streveler to be put in the game, done neither...  we get the ball back with less than 2 mins remaining, QB1 is out, QB2 is the automatic go to then, what do you expect him to do, honestly?  pretty sure that we all knew that 1 of 2 things was going to happen from that moment on, 1) he hands it off, or 2) he runs it himself... both of those options are being called in by a coach, not an independent thought process going on here...  Was he amazing? I guess only as amazing as one can be handing off a ball to someone else... But was he terrible? no, only because it's damn near impossible, not completely impossible but pretty close to it, to be terrible at handed another person a ball...

I hope from this point forward 3 things happen/take place:

1) that Nichols isn't hurt and can play the rest of the season...

2) that Lapo gets his head out of his a$$ and tries to be intelligent in his play calling, both for Nichols and Streveler...

3) that the coaches in general also get there heads out of their a$$es and give Streveler multiple series with a game plan designed for him, without the stupid cute stuff or all runs,  at an appropriate time in a game that we are winning so we can all actually evaluate him...

Lapo should be fined by the club for the crap he pulled tonight...

59 minutes ago, 17to85 said:

He didn't look lost, he made one bad throw (to an open receiver mind you), otherwise he never got a real offense. Lapo treats him like a running back not a quarterback. If he has to start I would expect him to look a lot better because he (unless Lapo is even dumber than I think) will get a more robust playbook to work with. 

agree with you 100%... and will add, if Nichols isn't hurt, I hope that Lapo seizes this opportunity to actually assist Nichols in being successful instead of this roller coaster mind screw he's been doing to him for a season and a half in the game plan he gives him...

Yeah give Streveler a game plan with the actual play book and he can do the exact same ball control offence Nichols does.

If anything probably a bit more diversified and allowing Harris more space.

Lapo has to throw out the trickery and gimmick **** and let the play makers do their thing. With Strev in now..and using multiple motion and misdirection stuff teams wont know what to key on or who to focus on and will open up a lot of options.

Teams are gonna start cheating in and then we can hit them with the deep shots down the field.

This idea Strevler cant throw is off base..he just needs repetition and plays..with designed routes to actually get the ball to allow him to progress..not the stuff Lapo has him running 

Lapos stupidly timed change of pace thing there when the offence was humming was the stupidest thing done all year..what he was trying to accomplish other than kill momentum was baffling

1 hour ago, 17to85 said:

He looked lost against the rush in the second half. He was better then the last few weeks in the first stretch of the game. 

15 minutes ago, Booch said:

Yeah give Streveler a game plan with the actual play book and he can do the exact same ball control offence Nichols does.

If anything probably a bit more diversified and allowing Harris more space.

Lapo has to throw out the trickery and gimmick **** and let the play makers do their thing. With Strev in now..and using multiple motion and misdirection stuff teams wont know what to key on or who to focus on and will open up a lot of options.

Teams are gonna start cheating in and then we can hit them with the deep shots down the field.

This idea Strevler cant throw is off base..he just needs repetition and plays..with designed routes to actually get the ball to allow him to progress..not the stuff Lapo has him running 

Lapos stupidly timed change of pace thing there when the offence was humming was the stupidest thing done all year..what he was trying to accomplish other than kill momentum was baffling

That was the most frustrating thing I saw as a Bomber fan in a long time. I have no idea what LaPo is even thinking.

No one knows what Streveler is going to give us. I don't think it's fair to judge on the limited plays he's had so far this season. He looked unprepared last night.... maybe just a little jitters at being called upon to lead the offence. Give him a week of practice with starter's reps and then see how he does.

This was his stat line in the opening game against Edmonton last year:

15/28 for 178 yards, 3 TD and 2 INT, with 7 carries for 30 yards.

I think it's fair to expect he will look pretty similar if he starts on Friday against Edmonton. If the defence and special teams play well then we have a great chance to win.

My biggest fear with LaPo now crafting an offense for Streveler is that he doesn't seem to know the difference between a mobile QB and a running QB. There is a big difference between a QB that can run, compared to one that needs to. LaPo has really seemed to go all in on Streveler as a running QB gimmick this season. 

You can give him a bunch of zone reads and option plays, but give him a good chance to throw too in this offense. I do think he should be able to provide more production in the current system than Nichols. We just may have to live with some more variance in his game - more highs and lows. 

1 minute ago, Captain Blue said:

My biggest fear with LaPo now crafting an offense for Streveler is that he doesn't seem to know the difference between a mobile QB and a running QB. There is a big difference between a QB that can run, compared to one that needs to. LaPo has really seemed to go all in on Streveler as a running QB gimmick this season. 

You can give him a bunch of zone reads and option plays, but give him a good chance to throw too in this offense. I do think he should be able to provide more production in the current system than Nichols. We just may have to live with some more variance in his game - more highs and lows. 

Lapo is not going to change the playbook now. 

Well I guess we are going to find out if Streveler is ready to take over. My concern is his passing accuracy.  He will in all likelyhood be practicing with the starters this week in prep for the Esks. Hopefully Lapo will design plays to get the ball out quickly. 

I must admit some of my frustration with Nichols is his penchant to hang on the ball too long which led to his injury.  Throw the pass or into the stands, just a oid taking the sack after 3 or 4 seconds.

I'm excited to see what Streveler can do with a week of practice with the starting O. 

Troy brought up something after the game last night, saying that because of his running style it's just a matter of time before he gets hurt...qbs cant run like that...etc etc....but Streveler isnt your typical running Qb. Hes bigger then some (maybe even most?) Lbs and can out run them too. I'm not saying he won't get hurt, but Troy was making it sound like he wouldnt be able to take the punishment which I think is untrue. Guy is a beast.

12 minutes ago, Bigblue204 said:

I'm excited to see what Streveler can do with a week of practice with the starting O. 

Troy brought up something after the game last night, saying that because of his running style it's just a matter of time before he gets hurt...qbs cant run like that...etc etc....but Streveler isnt your typical running Qb. Hes bigger then some (maybe even most?) Lbs and can out run them too. I'm not saying he won't get hurt, but Troy was making it sound like he wouldnt be able to take the punishment which I think is untrue. Guy is a beast.

Troy was also commenting before on the Lions having elite receivers and the Bombers should be wary, so....