It's time to hand the ball to Streveler.

White Out

14 hours ago, AKAChip said:

Even including his reps last season the sample size is tiny. 

Yeh sample size is a big problem in making a pure stats based comparison between Strev and Nichols

When there are only 150 passes attempted every single INT brings up his % quite a lot... and as someone else mentioned, probably 3/4 of Strevs attempts were from him coming straight out of college, never having played the Canadian game.   

Nichols stats from his first 3-4 years had him at 3-4% of passes end up as INTs which isn't that far off Strevs numbers.  

On top of that - This year Strev is currently at 15% of passes thrown are INT's which is DEFINITELY skewing his overall numbers up.  Essentially his stats currently are looking at the INT % just after he threw an INT, which hurts his overall % much worse because every INT is a much higher % of his total work.

Last year Stev threw INT's 3.5% of his passes vs. Nichols 2.5% overall - Not a huge difference and Strev was throwing them at the same rate as Nichols was for the start of his career

I will say the Streveler pic was not a good one,  tossed the ball off balance.    Rest of the game he had to hand off so can't really say much about it. 

Nichols looked sensational at the beginning made quick reads and throws....  after the Wolly interception (all on the receiver for that one)  and the STreveler pic he vanished.  

He had time but was way over thinking and because Harris was blocking he had no check downs so he froze and kept getting sacked.   

Absolutely frustrating that the guy can play one good quarter and then absolutely vanish.  Kind of like Glenn back in the Berry days. 

1 minute ago, Mike said:

Streveler’s stat line in limited gimmick packages one series at a time means absolutely nothing 

all im saying is that Streveler had no real role in closing out the game and the game was out of reach by the time he came in. 

2 minutes ago, B-F-F-C said:

all im saying is that Streveler had no real role in closing out the game and the game was out of reach by the time he came in. 

Not really. Cuz prior to that nichols fumbled the ball. D got it back instantly. No time for Strev to get ready. He finished the game. He didn't have a play designed for him tho. No runs. No pass. Just Augustine. Who might i add.. Looked great. 

Edited by Goalie

20 minutes ago, Mike said:

Streveler’s stat line in limited gimmick packages one series at a time means absolutely nothing 

He looked lost Mike. He didn't look like a confident qb ready to show the CFL he can be a starter at all. Hw many reps would Fajardo in Sask have had going into the season with Collaros the starter before he concussed? Or Arbuckle in Calgary with an entrenched BLM as the starter with a new long term contract. Bo Levi Mitchell demands & gets 90% of the reps with the first team here during practice all week.  I'm sure it was the same for Collaros. Yet they both have shown that they can play in this league when they got the chance. For our sake, I hope Streveler bounces back & shows us he can be a viable long term starter if Nichols is out for any length of time.

Edited by SpeedFlex27

2 minutes ago, SpeedFlex27 said:

He looked lost Mike. He didn't look like a confident qb ready to show the CFL he can be a starter at all. Hw many reps would Fajardo in Sask have had going into the season with Collaros the starter?Or Arbuckle in Calgary with an entrenched BLM as the strter with a new long term contract. Bo Levi Mitchell demands & gets 90% of the reps with the first team here during practice all week. Yet they have shown that they can play in this league. For our sake, I hope Streveler bounces back & shows us he can be a viable long term starter if Nichols is out for any length of time.

He might be lost, but I can't say I've viewed him run any reasonable semblance of an offense this season.  How many times do you see a QB full roll left and throw as a RH QB?  Like WTF were we even running?

3 minutes ago, JuranBoldenRules said:

He might be lost, but I can't say I've viewed him run any reasonable semblance of an offense this season.  How many times do you see a QB full roll left and throw as a RH QB?  Like WTF were we even running?

On the pick it looked like it wasn't a designed play but Streveler was freelancing. Yeah, a receiver was open but he had no time to throw the ball.

Edited by SpeedFlex27

6 minutes ago, SpeedFlex27 said:

He looked lost Mike. He didn't look like a confident qb ready to show the CFL he can be a starter at all. Hw many reps would Fajardo in Sask have had going into the season with Collaros the starter?Or Arbuckle in Calgary with an entrenched BLM as the strter with a new long term contract. Bo Levi Mitchell demands & gets 90% of the reps with the first team here during practice all week. Yet they have shown that they can play in this league when they got the chance. For our sake, I hope Streveler bounces back & shows us he can be a viable long term starter if Nichols is out for any length of time.

He didn't look lost, he made one bad throw (to an open receiver mind you), otherwise he never got a real offense. Lapo treats him like a running back not a quarterback. If he has to start I would expect him to look a lot better because he (unless Lapo is even dumber than I think) will get a more robust playbook to work with.