It's time to hand the ball to Streveler.

White Out

Speaking of Smilin Hank from this weeks Insiders from Penton's Column

• I coached Henry Burris. Saw him choke in a bunch of big games. But they gave him a microphone, and he has all the answers now. Calling out Paul LaPolice the week his mom died was classless. Henry should come by our place and let me put some old film on. Remind him how many times he ****** up and cost us games. Him. Henry. Not the offensive co-ordinator.

2 hours ago, Noeller said:

awesome....100% backs up what I thought was common knowledge, that Burris was massively overrated and regularly choked in big games and especially when it was cold.

That's why Hufnagel got rid of him in Calgary. As a starter, he lost in the playoffs in 2005, 2006, 2007, 2009, 2010, 2011 & 12.  That year, the Stamps lost the WSF up in Edmonton. Henry was pulled & Drew Tate finished the game. In the post game media scrum, an angry Henry Burris said there's no way he'd ever be a backup to Tate. He didn't ask for a trade but his message was clear. Hufnagel traded him to the Ti Cats later in the off season.

6 minutes ago, SpeedFlex27 said:

That's why Hufnagel got rid of him in Calgary. As a starter, he lost in the playoffs in 2005, 2006, 2007, 2009, 2010, 2011 & 12.  That year, the Stamps lost the WSF up in Edmonton. Henry was pulled & Drew Tate finished the game. In the post game media scrum, an angry Henry Burris said there's no way he'd ever be a backup to Tate. He didn't ask for a trade but his message was clear. Hufnagel traded him to the Ti Cats later in the off season.

Just an awful personality that I would never want on *my* team, ever....

On 2019-08-12 at 10:46 AM, AKAChip said:

Sample size is tiny and one of this two picks was tipped. This isn’t nearly as big a problem as it’s made out to be. 

Small sample size for 2019, yes... but just thought others might be interested in their career numbers:

Career stats (per CFL.ca)
Streveler: 95 / 153 (62%) 1,216 yards, 12 TDs - 7 INTs. He throws a pick about 4.6% of the time.
Nichols: 1,572 / 2,361 (66%) for 18,184 yards, 107 TDs - 59 INTs. He throws a pick about 2.5% of the time.

So Streveler is a more risky QB purely in terms of INT chance, obviously there are more factors at play here, I find the numbers interesting nonetheless though. Also food for thought - Streveler has a better average yardage per completed pass (12.8 yards per pass, Nichols is only 11.6 yard per pass).

11 minutes ago, Eternal optimist said:

Small sample size for 2019, yes... but just thought others might be interested in their career numbers:

Streveler: 95 / 153 (62%) 1,216 yards, 12 TDs - 7 INTs. He throws a pick about 4.6% of the time.
Nichols: 1,572 / 2,361 (66%) for 18,184 yards, 107 TDs - 59 INTs. He throws a pick about 2.5% of the time.

So Streveler is a more risky QB purely in terms of INT chance, obviously there are more factors at play here, I find the numbers interesting nonetheless though. Also food for thought - Streveler has a better average yardage per completed pass (12.8 yards per pass, Nichols is only 11.6 yard per pass).

You trying to get the thread back on track or something??!!  BLASPHEMY.

Curse you Henry Burris!!!!  Curse you're insensitivities and Grey Cups!!!!

40 minutes ago, Eternal optimist said:

Even including his reps last season the sample size is tiny. 

1 hour ago, Eternal optimist said:

let's not forget that Streveler was asked to start the first game he ever dressed straight out of college... I think those INTs are actually pretty low for a QB as green as he was under the circumstances... because by all accounts, the majority of fans seem to believe that a new QB must carry a clipboard for at least 2, if not 3, years before he should even be allowed onto the field in the CFL...

What I like about Strevler is he likes to push the ball downfield..he might not progress through all his reads but he immediately goes to the money makers and if not there he takes off as opposed to the check down..accomplishes the same end result in effect..with less wear on Harris in the process.

Ala a young Dunnigan..

21 minutes ago, 66 Chevelle said:

let's not forget that Streveler was asked to start the first game he ever dressed straight out of college... I think those INTs are actually pretty low for a QB as green as he was under the circumstances... because by all accounts, the majority of fans seem to believe that a new QB must carry a clipboard for at least 2, if not 3, years before he should even be allowed onto the field in the CFL...

And he became a QB pretty late in his athletic career. None of this guarantees that he will ever become a CFL starter but it would be nice to know one way or another before he is thrown out onto the field in an emergency relief situation. 

6 minutes ago, Tracker said:

And he became a QB pretty late in his athletic career. None of this guarantees that he will ever become a CFL starter but it would be nice to know one way or another before he is thrown out onto the field in an emergency relief situation. 

He's always been a QB aside from half a season at Minnesota when they moved him to receiver 

18 minutes ago, Atomic said:

He's always been a QB aside from half a season at Minnesota when they moved him to receiver 

He actually asked to do that..wanted more snaps as he wasnt getting any as backup and team took advantage of his skill set as ball carrier.

Would love to see on one of those wildcat formations they hit him an a quick slant or crosser in full gallop..he'd raise some serious havoc in second level with full head of steam.

I hope they also incorporate Janarius Grant into the mix..hes made plays out of the wildcat too in college..completed some passes too..hes a lefty I believe as well

9 hours ago, Booch said:

He actually asked to do that..wanted more snaps as he wasnt getting any as backup and team took advantage of his skill set as ball carrier.

Would love to see on one of those wildcat formations they hit him an a quick slant or crosser in full gallop..he'd raise some serious havoc in second level with full head of steam.

I hope they also incorporate Janarius Grant into the mix..hes made plays out of the wildcat too in college..completed some passes too..hes a lefty I believe as well

They tried this last week with Andrew Harris taking the direct snap, with Streveler as the fake on a jet sweep... it was called back unfortunately due to a procedure penalty on Stanley Bryant. In the vid below, it occurs at 1:16:46:

2 hours ago, Eternal optimist said:

They tried this last week with Andrew Harris taking the direct snap, with Streveler as the fake on a jet sweep... it was called back unfortunately due to a procedure penalty on Stanley Bryant. In the vid below, it occurs at 1:16:46:

Apparently youtube is now taking marching orders from TSN...