It's time to hand the ball to Streveler.

White Out

26 minutes ago, AKAChip said:

It’s amazing the flaws some people see in no doubt HOF QBs while they bend over backwards to defend our sub-mediocre QB. 

hey it is a fact that Reilly missed the playoffs last season. On a team that many expected to be the best team in the league, or certainly among the best. 

And yes, Burris did have an INT problem. It was the fault in his game. 

10 minutes ago, 17to85 said:

hey it is a fact that Reilly missed the playoffs last season. On a team that many expected to be the best team in the league, or certainly among the best. 

I’m not doubting these things as facts but you’re framing them as fatal flaws while at the same time suggesting that Nichols has almost no blame for the struggles of the offence. I mean, I feel like you know what you’re doing here. 

17 minutes ago, 17to85 said:

That, and tripping over his bottom lip.

33 minutes ago, AKAChip said:

I’m not doubting these things as facts but you’re framing them as fatal flaws while at the same time suggesting that Nichols has almost no blame for the struggles of the offence. I mean, I feel like you know what you’re doing here. 

No I am suggesting that there is nuance to stats that quarterbacks accumulate.

2 hours ago, 17to85 said:

Qb driven league, but no matter what its far more a team sport then any one guy. More of a team sport imo then any other. 

The drop from good team to bad team is the quickest in the cfl. And the cfl is known for its flash turns of fortune. They had iirc the most games lost to injury, especially on both lines. Cant win in football with out great line play. No matter who you have. 

1 hour ago, 66 Chevelle said:

oh I want to hear you elaborate on this nuance of which you speak... I'm going to run and grab me a bucket of popcorn for this one... can. not. wait.  BRB...

I think its 100% true. Id love to see sabremetrics applied for qbs and in general in the cfl. Especially an indepth WAR break down. 

3 minutes ago, wbbfan said:

Qb driven league, but no matter what its far more a team sport then any one guy. More of a team sport imo then any other. 

The drop from good team to bad team is the quickest in the cfl. And the cfl is known for its flash turns of fortune. They had iirc the most games lost to injury, especially on both lines. Cant win in football with out great line play. No matter who you have. 

I think its 100% true. Id love to see sabremetrics applied for qbs and in general in the cfl. Especially an indepth WAR break down. 

you know of these nuances of which he speaks? then please, do tell, my friend...  and I have no clue what 'WAR' stands for, lol...

almost out of popcorn... :(

Just now, 66 Chevelle said:

you know of these nuances of which he speaks? then please, do tell, my friend...  and I have no clue what 'WAR' stands for, lol...

almost out of popcorn... :(

WAR is an advanced stat in baseball. Wins Above Replacement. So the average guy you could pick up mid season as a FA is around a 0 war guy. The base level replacement. A great player in baseball might be worth say 8 war. Meaning over the course of the MLB season they will cause you to win 8 more games then the fringe pro you could pull in off the streets. 

1 minute ago, wbbfan said:

WAR is an advanced stat in baseball. Wins Above Replacement. So the average guy you could pick up mid season as a FA is around a 0 war guy. The base level replacement. A great player in baseball might be worth say 8 war. Meaning over the course of the MLB season they will cause you to win 8 more games then the fringe pro you could pull in off the streets. 

ahhhhh, I see... I had to google 'sabermetrics' as well... obviously not a baseball fan, lol...

ahhhhh, I see... I had to google 'sabermetrics' as well... obviously not a baseball fan, lol...

Im a moderate baseball guy and a stat nerd. Baseball has been the front runner for a long time, and in recent years basketball has broken into it as well. The nfl is slowly transitioning though a few outlier sites like footballoutsiders.com have been doing it for a long while. 

Just now, wbbfan said:

Im a moderate baseball guy and a stat nerd. Baseball has been the front runner for a long time, and in recent years basketball has broken into it as well. The nfl is slowly transitioning though a few outlier sites like footballoutsiders.com have been doing it for a long while. 

I use to be a huge baseball fan, that is until the strike year, what was that??? 1994 I believe??? that really turned me off to the game then... never been a basketball fan, unless you include NCAA, then I'll admit to multiple sporting loves... volleyball, softball, basketball (men and women), football...

I create a lot of my own stats such as; successful plays, plays that gain 7 or more yards on 1st down or result in a 1st down on a 2nd or 3rd down play...  things like that... as well as converting all season long type of stats into actual per game stats in order to evaluate players fairly, or at least on the same plane...

I use to be a huge baseball fan, that is until the strike year, what was that??? 1994 I believe??? that really turned me off to the game then... never been a basketball fan, unless you include NCAA, then I'll admit to multiple sporting loves... volleyball, softball, basketball (men and women), football...

I create a lot of my own stats such as; successful plays, plays that gain 7 or more yards on 1st down or result in a 1st down on a 2nd or 3rd down play...  things like that... as well as converting all season long type of stats into actual per game stats in order to evaluate players fairly, or at least on the same plane...

Yeah 94. That was heart wrenching as a canadian those poor expos. Ncaa makes a lot of sports more interesting. I greatly prefer college  football and basketball to the pros for game to game enjoyment. 

Interesting. I could see that having a very strong correlation. 

5 hours ago, 17to85 said:

I was told that it's a team game so why is the blame on Reilly? 

So what you are saying is that Nichols is better then Reilly because he made it to the play offs?

Even Riderfans.com people aren't as delusional as that.  

39 minutes ago, wbbfan said:

Might happen once we have a grey cup win and an elite qb for the first time since khari. Maybe. But probably not. 

No, I'm now convinced that even when we do win the GC, people on here will complain adamantly that we didn't win properly and that it was a fluke and that the way _______ played in the game isn't good enough to lead to MORE cups...... 

6 minutes ago, Noeller said:

No, I'm now convinced that even when we do win the GC, people on here will complain adamantly that we didn't win properly and that it was a fluke and that the way _______ played in the game isn't good enough to lead to MORE cups...... 

Day after win a GC, people will be on meltdown about all the FAs that we're going to lose. 

Is a legitimate to worry about our QB play? yes to me it is. I understand that we rely on the run game, winning the turnover battle etc and that you can win that way but generally the team that wins the Grey Cup has a QB who can go out there and throw for 350-400 yards with multiple tds and as the saying goes take over the game.

Let's look at the last 25 years:

2018-Calgary BLM   2017-Toronto-Ray  2016-Ottawa-Burris  2015-Edmonton-MR 2014-Calgary-BLM  2013-Saskatchewan-Durant  2012-Toronto-Ray  2011-BC-Lulay  2010-Montreal-AC

2009-Montreal-AC  2008-Calgary-Burris  2007-Saskatchewan-Joseph  2006-BC-Dickenson/Pierce  2005-Edmonton-Ray  2004-Toronto-Allen 2003-Edmonton-Ray 2002-Montreal-AC 2001-Calgary-Crandell

2000-BC-Allen  1999-Hamilton-McMannus 1998-Calgary-Garcia  1997-Toronto-Flutie  1996-Toronto-Flutie 1995-Baltimore-Ham  1994-BC-Austin/McMannus

I'd say you have 2006 with BC using 3 QBs, 2004 where Toronto did rely more on D and the run game, 2001 and 1994 as examples where you didn't have a QB who could go out there and win a game on his own.