It's time to hand the ball to Streveler.

White Out

53 minutes ago, trueBlue83 said:

nope... watched it develop live.  Do I know what Nichols saw?  Of course not... I know what I saw, and that was Whitehead blow by the coverage and was wide open, and his body language post-play would indicate the same!

Last season their was a noticeable difference in the body language and energy by the receivers when Streveler would go into a game where Nichols was failing.    A whole other level of energy.   

I wouldn't doubt that many receivers are frustrated that the ball is not going their way. 

30 minutes ago, WBBFanWest said:

Isn't part of being a pro football player being able to recognize when the game is on the line and when to not risk a stupid injury so some armchair wonder can beat his chest and yell "THAT'S HOW YOU PLAY FOOTBALL."?

Maybe this is part of the reason attendance has been dwindling across the league (?)

7 hours ago, JuranBoldenRules said:

And the one to Lawler and another to Matthews were the only balls thrown and completed between 10-20 yards downfield.

We have a total lack of medium passing game which is where Nichols used to live.  He’s compromised physically or mentally, and we are just way too easy to defend.

Streveler obviously brings a lot to the running game but in his starts aside from the Hamilton game where Lapo really put the chains on showed real good ability to hit those 10-20 yard passes.

It’s time to install a game plan for Streveler.  At this point Nichols should not even require practice reps.  If we need him we can go back to him easy, give Streveler at least a half with a game plan tailored to him and the rest of our weapons.

Here's the thing. It'll never happen.  You know it. I know it. We all know it. This coaching staff will not change out Nichols for Streveler so why keep saying it has to be done? O'Shea will stick with Matt to the very end. The game plan will remain the same on O & D with LaPo & Hall.  I fail to understand all the angst shown here calling for a change when change won't happen.  As I said either here or on another thread some fans wanted stability & that is what we have.

5 hours ago, Booch said:

exactly...smart coaching...and this should be used more often in situations in the red zone...not just to close out a game...we do that on the one drive where we settled for a field goal...we score

5 hours ago, Jacquie said:

Everyone knew the Bombers were going to be running the ball to kill the clock. If they leave Nichols in then the Stamps are going to key on Harris as we all know Nichols doesn't run a lot. With Streveler's running ability they weren't able to key on Harris. It made sense to put Streveler in under those circumstances. Nichols did come back in to finish the game.

We don't do that normally and other teams don't do that because the qb can throw for a first down to finish a game if needed. Ours can't. 

Nichols came back to snap and kneel after the rest of the offense did the work. 

1 minute ago, WBBFanWest said:

Yes, I'm sure that Matt Nichols ability to slide is a huge part of the problem...

The fact he is boring to watch manage a game is what I am suggesting may be the problem,   Big Chris crashing down the field on that play and gaining the first down I think would have generated more cheers from the crowd than what Matty ice got for his slide.  

A lot of the games have been sloppy as well across the league, hardly good for attracting new fans. 

27 minutes ago, Old Bomber Fan said:

Unless this changes, Harris will burn out or get hurt, should we make it to the playoffs and that seems reasonable, we will get smoked by the opposition DC because anyone can predict what plays will be called when. And the play calling, well he may have the most offensive stats in the league so far but it is a different ball game come playoffs and we have seen this movie before. BUT good luck don't take BC lightly, think we already did with Toronto.

you hear the term "load management" getting tossed around more and more in other sports.... gotta wonder if Harris can keep up this level of play for a few more months when he's so heavily relied on, and getting 25+ touches a game.   Same goes for Nichols... if they get opportunities to take him out of the game and keep him healthy, go for it!   Better to have a full stable in November than wear out your horses by September! 

7 minutes ago, SpeedFlex27 said:

Here's the thing. It'll never happen.  You know it. I know it. We all know it. This coaching staff will not change out Nichols for Streveler so why keep saying it has to be done? O'Shea will stick with Matt to the very end. The game plan will remain the same on O & D with LaPo & Hall.  I fail to understand all the angst shown here calling for a change when change won't happen.  As I said either here or on another thread some fans wanted stability & that is what we have.

Because it’s my opinion and that’s kind of the point of these places?

2 minutes ago, NorthernSkunk said:

The fact he is boring to watch manage a game is what I am suggesting may be the problem,   Big Chris crashing down the field on that play and gaining the first down I think would have generated more cheers from the crowd than what Matty ice got for his slide.  

A lot of the games have been sloppy as well across the league, hardly good for attracting new fans. 

In the past six games or so, who's been more boring to watch, Nichols or BLM and Collaros?

35 minutes ago, wbbfan said:

We don't do that normally and other teams don't do that because the qb can throw for a first down to finish a game if needed. Ours can't. 

Nichols came back to snap and kneel after the rest of the offense did the work. 

I found that bizarre. Why not let Streveler do that? O'Shea really does some strange stuff as a coach.

3 minutes ago, 17to85 said:

For all the buzzing about arbuckle he was much worse than Nichols last night...

Yep, pretty sure the only passes he completed were drags/crosses when his protection held up. To his credit, they were working in the 2nd and 4th quarter.

Streveler isn’t the answer right now at QB, but he is part of the solution. He’s a weapon, an asset, but he has to be used. He has to be inserted into the lineup if only to give extra pause on what’s going to happen on the next play. It’s no different than inserting a gifted receiver. The opposing defence must pay attention to him, thereby opening the door for a more varied offence.

Use him.

I think we should start him and let him and team have it known he is taking the reigns of the offence..the full offence for the first couple of possessions...let Nichols watch from sidelines and see how things develop, and play out...get a feel for the game and realize taking shots isn't the dangerous taboo it is assumed to him..

Regardless tf Strev goes 2 and out..2 and out..or puts together 2 TD drives...seen coaches do this before, and also seen it done to throw a curve against D -Coordinators and catching them with their pants down to kick start a game

Works 2 fold as it allows Streveler to run the full package and put to rest the idea he can't throw..the dude put up over 4100 yards in his senior season with 32 TD's in 13 games...guy can toss the pill

6 minutes ago, Mr Dee said:

Streveler isn’t the answer right now at QB, but he is part of the solution. He’s a weapon, an asset, but he has to be used. He has to be inserted into the lineup if only to give extra pause on what’s going to happen on the next play. It’s no different than inserting a gifted receiver. The opposing defence must pay attention to him, thereby opening the door for a more varied offence.

Use him.

I have no idea why they've gone away from using Streveler more often, like they did last year. I think it helps Nichols by keeping the defence on edge.